RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

nshaver2

Oct 16, 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Slackline Brothers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If money was not an issue would you suggest getting the slackline brothers slackline kit or not?

a-slacker-in-progress
Deleted

Oct 17, 2005, 3:55 PM
Post #2 of 7 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Re: Slackline Brothers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have their kit. It is easy to setup, I have had it up for a long time. If you're a semi-big guy, or at least got some pull strength, you should have no trouble getting a tight line. I weigh 140 after a good meal ;P Sooooo realllly tight lines, which is what I like, take me a bit of finessing.

Now the only thing that catches my eye now as far as a kit, is the Slack Jack

http://www.slackline.com/Detail.bok?no=22

If I get some spare cashola, I might spring for this just for comparison purposes. I would see if you could find more information on this guy, and do your own comparison :)

G/L,
Keep on slackin.

slackinghigh

Oct 27, 2005, 1:52 PM
Post #3 of 7 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah both those products work really well. Both have automatic locking systems and can be loosened at anytime without having to re-setup. The slack jack is a great tool for small to medium lines. Longer lines I use the pulleys, and 100ft or more I use a combination of both of them.

Here is a link that talks about different tightening systems, I think it does a pretty accurate job of describing the systems.

http://www.slackline.com/Page.bok?template=review

Partner coldclimb

Oct 27, 2005, 2:45 PM
Post #4 of 7 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If money is not an issue, get everything. Seriously. You'll find that different systems will be better in different situations. If money were not an issue, I'd definitely have one of theirs.

lidosis

Oct 27, 2005, 2:50 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm with cold climb here, get the system both of them, and when you get to where the slackline bros system is not enough connect the slack jack to it or vice versa. You can put a system on your system. Mind blowing isn't it. As far as the slackline bros system I think the only thing I am not the happiest about is the way it locks off you have to brake it yourself, slack jack locks off automatically.

pabxilla

Oct 27, 2005, 2:59 PM
Post #6 of 7 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The slackline Bros. are doing good things for the community and they have the best product. I have had there system for about a year and I love it. There video is also good for basic information about setting up and other general info. Slackon!

veganboyjosh

Nov 1, 2005, 5:40 AM
Post #7 of 7 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

having never used the product, i used to think that a primitive biner setup was sufficient.

but this weekend i saw one in action, and i'm sold. as soon as i get the cash, i'mma get me one. it was simple to set up, and simple as hell to lock off. and it's easy to double the mechanical advantage iwth a minimum of extra gear.

if money was no object, i'd have one right now. as it is, rent is due tomorrow, and that's more important than a sweet simple slackline setup.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook