Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Stinson's Beach Bouldering
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

roughster

Aug 11, 2002, 3:22 AM
Post #1 of 1 (980 views)
Shortcut

Stinson's Beach Bouldering  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon: The_Kitchen)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Man oh man was that place crowded today, but not with climbers. I took the family and some friend's kids down to the beach today and enjoyed 70+ (air temp) with great water temps. Had a blast throwing the kids in and telling them sharks were going to eat them

But what I really came for was the bouldering. Started off on a lowball traverse that the sun and my lack of chalk made a little bit stiff for the warm up I had hoped for.

Moved onto the corridor problems and did some fun stuff up great friction rock because it was in the shade, though the Serpentine can have some skin shredding edges thats for sure. In fact, pounding the keys is hurting my tips heheh

Moved onto the Big Rock (think its called Grandpa?) did some harder problems in full blazing sun, ouch. Had a good time and I can feel the power coming back after my 1 year lay off from serious climbing.

Did a few high balls and scared the bejesus out of me, no crash pad/no spotter (except if I was lucky I would by chance land a passing tourist ), but at least it was sand under me! Launched myself at a sweet dyno problem a few....hundred times, but had to leave that problem with my tail between my legs. I blamed it on my shoes getting wet

Finally, finished off the session on a traverse that I arbitrarily excluded holds on to make it tough. Power failure was the goal and I would say the day was a success!

Also got some good swim time, family time, and a tan Got to love good'ole Cali Tomorrow, off to Aubrun to bolt in another new route

[ This Message was edited by: roughster on 2002-08-10 20:24 ]

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook