RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

nopro

Jan 27, 2006, 6:34 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut

SLC Gym partner 1/27-1/30
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm in town for OR and looking for someone to climb with at the gym a couple of times over the next few days--preferably tomorrow--Friday--any time and maybe Sunday night, too. Oh, and one other thing: I need a ride there!
I don't climb very hard in the gym (or anywhere for that matter) but it doesn't matter that much. I lead okay and belay leaders like a champ so if you're looking for a partner this weekend or feel charitable and want to climb with me, great!
So basically I'm looking for a gym climbing partner who wants to drive me to the gym. Doesn't that sound like fun? To sweeten the pot, I'll kick in some money for gas and possibly give you some crap show schwag.
Any takers?
PM me or reply to this message and I'll get back to you right away!

Thanks!

din

Jan 27, 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Re: SLC Gym partner 1/27-1/30 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

which gym are you interested in visiting? the front is within walking distance ot the trax station at 1300 south, so if you caught the train by the salt palace you wouldn't need a lift. and the climbing is mostly bouldering, shouldn't be too hard to find someone to switch spots with there. rockreation you'd need a lift to, has lead climbing, but it's a bit away from the downtown area, so unless you're in dire need of a lead, the front might be an easier option.

paganmonkeyboy

Jan 27, 2006, 1:49 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^ except the front will be closed Friday and Saturday for a comp - I don't think you can pull there until Sunday this weekend...

nopro

Jan 27, 2006, 3:46 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I read that the Front is closed til Sunday.
Is it hard to get from downtown to Rockreation on public transportation? I might just do that and look for a partner there...

grayhghost

Jan 27, 2006, 4:06 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

call BUS-INF0 on your phone, ask about the #52

Partner sevrdhed

Jan 27, 2006, 4:16 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The problem with the bus, in my experience, is that it takes for freakin ever for the 39 to get you TO the gym. Keep in mind though, this is back like 6 years ago when I was riding the bus to the gym. It may have gotten more reliable since then.

What time are you looking to go? I may be available after work (I get off at 3:15) depending on what else is happening tonight.

Steve

brianinslc

Jan 27, 2006, 4:18 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yeah, I read that the Front is closed til Sunday.
Is it hard to get from downtown to Rockreation on public transportation? I might just do that and look for a partner there...

Here's the Rockreation hours for your dates:

Friday Noon to 9 pm
Saturday Noon to 8 pm
Sunday Noon to 7 pm

Friday, aka, "loser night", there's a chance I might go at around 5-ish. PM me your info if you want...ie...what schwag...ha ha...kidding...(I'm assuming you're staying downtown somewheres, cellphone, what time). I might need the karma points, so... Do you lead climb, ie, could you pass a "lead test"?

Probably a bit of a grind to get there by bus...inefficient, but, doable. You should check around at the show as I'm sure there's folks who'd want to carpool to the gym. Tough, though, when they start bustin' out the beverages late in the day...

Decent bouldering at Rockreation. Also weights and some aerobic equipment too (ie, don't get discouraged if you can't partner up). I'm wondering if the gym is offering a badge discount during the show?

-Brian in SLC

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook