Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

tradchick

Feb 10, 2006, 9:37 PM
Post #26 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Re: Husband/Wife Partners.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Okay ice....doesn't matter where the playground is, you'll be draggin' behind. :wink:

ja

Feb 11, 2006, 3:11 AM
Post #27 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OMG... :shock:

I didn't think that many of you would respond! Your stories are all so awesome and inspiring...and I LOVE the wedding photo!! Right now, my hubby and I am both infants with the sport...so we are growing together and competing at the same time. It keeps it fun and challenging. I do anticipate issues with me belaying..since im so much smaller than him...but I'm willing to build the muscle and strength!

Hopefully...I'll have a story to share with you guys one day!!

nola_angie

Feb 11, 2006, 8:11 AM
Post #28 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
OMG... :shock:

I didn't think that many of you would respond! Your stories are all so awesome and inspiring...and I LOVE the wedding photo!! Right now, my hubby and I am both infants with the sport...so we are growing together and competing at the same time. It keeps it fun and challenging. I do anticipate issues with me belaying..since im so much smaller than him...but I'm willing to build the muscle and strength!

Hopefully...I'll have a story to share with you guys one day!!

hey, I got that belay trouble you anticipate. I started a thread on it in the sport climbing section, got some wonderful advice. And I think there is a link to a GREAT thread about dynamic belay in there.

Congrats on starting this wonderful thing together. Climb safe, and climb hard, and I hope your hubby is secure enough to handle the day you crank out a route he can't do! :wink:

nola_angie

Feb 11, 2006, 8:14 AM
Post #29 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=38876

It's the best thing that's happened to me!

I highly recommend marrying your partner!

Rock on! That's the best wedding pic I've ever seen. DId you climb in your wedding outfit??? already got the helmet on....

climbfofun

Feb 11, 2006, 6:29 PM
Post #30 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey,

im curious i dated a guy for four years. and he suddenly got obsessed with climbing, he rarely talks to me. can you date a man ...when they love to climb? I was also very suportive and let him climb all the time. i climbed with him but he got to into it, and wanted to climb with the guys. Our relationship turned to crap because of his climbing..but its understandable.. he wants to stay single, but wants to date other girls im sure. thanks

moose_droppings

Feb 11, 2006, 7:05 PM
Post #31 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Me and the wife do everything else together, but she does not climb. Its probably a good thing too, being together ALL the time would get a little unnerving, as we both need a little off time with each other. I luv her dearly, but if we start doing EVERYTHING together, I'd let her post my obituary here in this forum.
If you love me, set me free. If I return, the weather was to bad to climb in

wonderwoman

Feb 13, 2006, 6:19 PM
Post #32 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Rock on! That's the best wedding pic I've ever seen. DId you climb in your wedding outfit??? already got the helmet on....

That was the plan... unfortunately it started pouring immediately after our ceremony. Wet slab would have made an unhappy wedding day!

lextalion

Feb 14, 2006, 6:57 AM
Post #33 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carrotclimber
In reply to:
The other issue is that since he has 50 lbs. on me (I am 130 and he is 180), we are both nervous about me belaying him when he is leading (trad especially).

I have climbed with several partners whom weigh more than I and when concerned I just ensure that I anchor myself into a daisy or sling on a belay anchor thus ensuring that I comp sensate for the weight difference.

who cares about the the weight difference, when the fore mentioned technique is used. And on mu ti-pitch stuff this is the case already.

If your Boyfriend is more experienced than you as I was led to believe. I am surprised that he has not taught you this or that it is even an issue.

In reply to:
Free advise is worth what you paid for it

lextalion

Mar 29, 2006, 9:06 PM
Post #34 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've got great news for my self. My wife went bouldering with me yesterday and pulled a v3. She's never climbed and loved it. :D

Any suggestions on weening her into multi-pitch trad climbing?
:?:

nola_angie

Mar 29, 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #35 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DUde! That rocks! She'll get the bug, just be patient. Keep encouraging her, and let her know that she's pulling problems at a pretty hard level!!!

You are a lucky, lucky man!!! :D

granite_grrl

Mar 30, 2006, 3:57 AM
Post #36 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've got great news for my self. My wife went bouldering with me yesterday and pulled a v3. She's never climbed and loved it. :D

Any suggestions on weening her into multi-pitch trad climbing?
:?:

V3?! That's rad man, I can barely pull myself up V3.

I wouldn't be too concerned about weening her onto multi-pitch trad quite yet, you should get her to keep bouldering and get her sick strong. Then start her on routes as your rope gun! :lol:

pico23

Apr 1, 2006, 4:43 AM
Post #37 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I climb occasionally with my wife. she's followed many pitches and climbs possibly better than me, considering achievements in climbing aren't something she cares about. one day while top roping a harder route she said, i feel kinda bad, that i had no problems on it and they can't get up the route. me i don't have any sorrow for other climbers problems.

that said, because she's not as interested it sort of drains on me a little. also, when things like stuck cams happen i flip because i know she'll take it. with any other partner i usually don't say a thing except under my breath.

other things that detract are the potential for accidents. climbing with family members tends to be more stressful.

personally, i think probably a few marriages have been destroyed by trad climbing together. i know a couple that quit climbing because of the bickering.

anyway, not every couple is the same. some people might do just fine but it's a stressful endeavor at times and that isn't good for a relationship.

lextalion

Apr 1, 2006, 4:59 PM
Post #38 of 38 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
other things that detract are the potential for accidents. climbing with family members tends to be more stressful

Personally I would rather be climbing with a family member in the case of an accident. Who knows my needs better or visa verse other than my former team in the Corp.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook