RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jitterbugclimb

May 23, 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #1 of 4 (411 views)
Shortcut

bouldering china
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be visiting china from mid november to december or january. I'll arrive in beijing from russia and them make my way to lhasa and to kathmandu along no particular route. I'd like to do a lot of bouldering along the way. I know that bouldering isn't very popular in china yet, but any information from others who have traveled there would be appreciated.

cosmin

May 24, 2006, 3:42 AM
Post #2 of 4 (411 views)
Shortcut

Re: bouldering china [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,
there is lots of bouldering in China but no real 'bouldering mecca'. Places to go are Fujien, South of Guangdong near Zuhai, outside of Beijing, Ningpo in Zhejiang, Lhassa, Chanping guo in Sichuan (Siguniang area).

C

Partner phaedrus

May 24, 2006, 3:52 AM
Post #3 of 4 (411 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from General to Regional Discussions.

cosmin

May 24, 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #4 of 4 (411 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in China forum [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A climber planning a trip to or arriving in China is faced with two problems: a huge country with a huge deficit of centralized information on climbing available in English. There are some websites, there are some forums where one can gather information from but finding these is a daunting task and invariably, the lucky ones, arrive for a week or two in Yangshuo.

It is true that Yangshuo might seem the capital of sport climbing in China but is not by far the only place to go climbing. Yet, I meet every time people living here for over a year who have no idea about other crags, even if they are one hour drive away or climbing walls next door.

This is the reason I started this forum.

I know the address is not easy to remember, I know there should be a website going with it but one step at the time. I thought that the priority is the flow of information and I would be most grateful if you chose to register and to contribute so we have one place where we can get what we all need: as much information as possible about climbing in China.

Have you climbed in China? Please register and share your information.
Do you plan on climbing in China? Please register and ask for the information you need.
Please pass this link onto anyone interested.

The address is: http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/climbinginchina.html

Thank you!

Cosmin Andron

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook