Premier Sponsor:

freeclmr

Aug 30, 2002, 2:19 PM
Post #1 of 3 (443 views)
Shortcut

Pete's in Yosemite!
Report this Post
Can't Post

I personally take responsibility for picking Pete up from the airport, hauling him around to grocery stores, filling him full of Sierra Nevada Porter and awesome mexican food, letting him flirt with my wife, and giving him one last comfortable night of sleep. On Wednesday morning we set out for Han Florine's house and picked up the rest of his gear, sorted it into 4 bear bins in Curry, and hauled two loads up to the base of Lunar Eclipse. The weather is great; clear with 80's during the day and low 50's at night. Pete plans to be up on the wall for about 5-7 days and has stated that, if you happen to be in the Valley, you can reach him by radio on channel 212 (the boiling point of water).
see ya, eh?
Brian

[ This Message was edited by: freeclmr on 2002-08-30 07:20 ]

joebuzz

Aug 30, 2002, 8:18 PM
Post #2 of 3 (443 views)
Shortcut

Pete's in Yosemite! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes; The Doctor is in.
Hey freeclimber, Pete wanted me to send you his thanks once again.
I met him at "Camp 5" Yesterday A.M. and Richard (Spike) showed up soon thereafter. We got all his food packed, water bottles filled, and "humped" the last loads to the base. I had to leave right after to get to work on time, but Pete & Richard were going to fix a couple of pitches, spend the night on the ground, and Pete should blast off solo sometime today; 8/30.
This is the first time I've met either of this guys, but they are both incredible people.
Richard is really impresssive. He's only been climbing for 3yrs. and he just soloed The Leaning Tower; Very Cool! Doc was trying to talk him into leading the first pitch of "Lunar" though I don't know if he did. There are teams all over the wall right now, great time for spectating.
Stay tuned.
JoeBuzz

climbsomething

Aug 30, 2002, 11:38 PM
Post #3 of 3 (443 views)
Shortcut

Pete's in Yosemite! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And I am not

However, cragchica and I get our fix by going to supertopo.com and pricing Greyhound tickets to Fresno

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook