Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

jpdreamer

Sep 1, 2006, 1:05 AM
Post #51 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Re: Flaky People on Rock Climbing.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Everyone I've met through the site for climbing I've had a good experience with, so I guess you've just had bad luck thus far. The advice on this thread has been good, and also chill out with the responses, you're not coming across well which could very well hurt your prospects of finding partners in the future.

I'll also second the notion of setting up a regular schedule of being in the gym as a good way to meet partners.

kman

Sep 1, 2006, 1:24 AM
Post #52 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya know what? I think it's going to be even harder for you to find partners here after your posts. You seem quick to be defensive, blame others and make excuses. High maintanence. Combine all these with the fact that you are new and good luck finding people to take you out. I'm not saying that you are all these things because I have never met you, but that is how you are coming off.

You are going to have to learn to not be so defensive. No one is going to want to correct your noob errors and then have to listen to excuses and defensive behaviour. Food for thought.

justthemaid

Sep 1, 2006, 2:26 AM
Post #53 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
No one has brought up the VERY important point that you live in LOS ANGELES!!!! ...

Actually, 2 of us already pointed the finger at LA culture in general.

thegreytradster

Sep 1, 2006, 2:33 AM
Post #54 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Offer to bring the beer and see what happens.
Now he has his priorities straight :wink:
But that may be due to living where the sun don't shine much.

As a second generation native I don't understand the comments on "LA culture". Must be a west side thing.

Flakes do seem to be fairly evenly distributed across the country.

Partner tgreene

Sep 1, 2006, 3:23 AM
Post #55 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

With all this drama, she better have one helluva rack, and be willing to sport it about properly! 8^)

porcelainsunset

Sep 1, 2006, 5:34 AM
Post #56 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm really not trying to flame here because I have actually run into my share of "flakes" on this website as well, so I can sympathize. (I think it's a LA thing)

I think it probably is an LA thing.

alpinismo_flujo

Sep 1, 2006, 4:16 PM
Post #57 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey - now this has turned into a flame fest - well well :deadhorse:

I'll still climb with ya! I'll PM you soon...

claudianla

Sep 1, 2006, 5:25 PM
Post #58 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Beware CinLA. She'll bug you with IMs and PMs until she flames out and blocks you because you are "rude" for not responding. This all without having met face to face.

Claudia, I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with your IMs. I was probably:

a) Climbing
b) Working
c) Eating
d) ****ing

-NK

Go F@@@@@ yourself. i'm sick of all you guys thanks to me you met people that you even climb with. so just because you got ignored I would not be talking trash. but what ever .. once again i'm sick of all you guys that dont have the balls to say the truth.

fluxus

Sep 1, 2006, 5:32 PM
Post #59 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
No one has brought up the VERY important point that you live in LOS ANGELES!!!! ...

Actually, 2 of us already pointed the finger at LA culture in general.

But its not LA culture in general, its the LA *climbing* culture specifically!

Partner tgreene

Sep 1, 2006, 5:33 PM
Post #60 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Go F@@@@@ yourself. i'm sick of all you guys thanks to me you met people that you even climb with. so just because you got ignored I would not be talking trash. but what ever .. once again i'm sick of all you guys that dont have the balls to say the truth.
This my friends, is a superb example of cyber-sepecu... :righton:

zeke_sf

Sep 1, 2006, 5:41 PM
Post #61 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
This my friends, is a superb example of cyber-sepecu... :righton:

no shit. we've all stirred the pot, given or recieved a turd maybe, but this?...wow...I think I'm going to start a "Why is EVERYONE on RC.COM a Fvcktard?" thread and then get REALLY pissed at the responses. Claudia, I think you've recieved plenty of the kid glove treatment from this forum, but you might consider a profile change or something at this point :lol:

svilnit

Sep 1, 2006, 5:45 PM
Post #62 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Beware CinLA. She'll bug you with IMs and PMs until she flames out and blocks you because you are "rude" for not responding. This all without having met face to face.

Claudia, I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with your IMs. I was probably:

a) Climbing
b) Working
c) Eating
d) ****ing

-NK

Wow.... Seriously. Wow..

Hate to say it, but I agree, you may have just alienated an entire climbing community.

Partner tgreene

Sep 1, 2006, 5:50 PM
Post #63 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If I didn't know any better, I would think that the "tRoLl MaSTaZ" known as Camhead and Curt actually combined forces to create the identity known as CluelessClaudia, to which this thread would deserve the righteously righteous rating of T9, but nooooooooooooo, she's for real ! :lol:

zeke_sf

Sep 1, 2006, 5:54 PM
Post #64 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

read the beginning of the thread. she edited her OP to say "you guys win, I don't care to climb anymore." great persistence. that rugged tenacity will get her up plenty of climbs. good riddance.

Partner tgreene

Sep 1, 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #65 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Annnnnnnd this is where the fun really begins! 8^)

In reply to:
You guys win. I don't care to climb anymore. Some of you guys have been nothing more than rude to me , and you guys don't even know me or meet me,
Please take a moment to read the title of your thread, as you don't exactly know the 40,000 or so of us!

Yahoo group has been more helpful than anyone in here.
Sooooooo, why did you feel the need to ever leave them in the first place..?

I join this site because I was told that the community was very close to eachother and that most of the climbers like helping eachother, specially as someone help them when they started out, but that has not been the case for me, I'm happy for those that had a better experince than myself.
We are an exceptionally close knit community that does everything imaginable to help other climbers in need (see Bachar threads), but since you admittedly don't care to climb anymore and have only been exposed to climbing for a bit over a month anyway, you're not a climber nor have you ever been!

My Advice to people. when posting looking for climbing partners , explain that you aren't welling to help out those that are learning and you are only looking for partners that are at your level. that will help those like myself that are just starting out.
100% of my climbing partners over the past 3 years, have been met online, right here on RC... Additionally, I've traveled the country and stayed in the homes of other climbers, and my home has always been readily open and available to other CLIMBERS as well.

Furthermore, being a self-professed n00b, it's highly likely that 100% of the equipment that you've used up to this point, was provided to you by these very same climbers that you've now told to fuck off... How genuinely kind of you! :idea:

Partner climbinginchico

Sep 1, 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #66 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was never rude to you, even when you repeatedly asked me where Chico was and how often I climbed at Stoney Point (Way north, and never, respectively) and kept asking me when I would climb at Stoney Point. I don't see myself climbing there in the near future- it's not exactly an uber-desirable destination, and certainly not one I would drive 600 miles for.

I honestly think that if you were a little more open, flexible and accepting you would have gotten many more responses. Unfortunately, when you reacted the way you have on this thread, you have more than likely doomed yourself here on RC.com.

My advice: Be flexible, and thankful, and if people won't mind taking the time to teach you, no matter where, try to take them up on it if you can.

claudianla

Sep 1, 2006, 6:16 PM
Post #67 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="zeke_sf"]read the beginning of the thread. she edited her OP to say "you guys win, I don't care to climb anymore." great persistence. that rugged tenacity will get her up plenty of climbs. good riddance.

go to hell and everyone on this site. you guys are no friends of mine , because you guys have no class nor you guys know what a friend is.. so have a good life and i'm happy that I notice who low class you guys are

Partner climbinginchico

Sep 1, 2006, 6:23 PM
Post #68 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Aaaaaaaand.... open mouth, insert foot. Claudia, you just lost whatever goodwill you might have had left from people willing to overlook an emotional outburst. You haven't even met a tiny percentage of the LA climbing community, much less the community in general. The fact that you would become so hostile when things just don't work out the first time makes people less than willing to take time to teach a n00b who is barely more than a liability.

Good luck, and I think you've actually received a fair amount of grace from people on here. Anyone I've met from this site has been very nice, and some have become lifelong friends, not to mention my fiance.

zeke_sf

Sep 1, 2006, 6:23 PM
Post #69 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
read the beginning of the thread. she edited her OP to say "you guys win, I don't care to climb anymore." great persistence. that rugged tenacity will get her up plenty of climbs. good riddance.

go to hell and everyone on this site. you guys are no friends of mine , because you guys have no class nor you guys know what a friend is.. so have a good life and i'm happy that I notice who low class you guys are

yeah, we don't know what a friend is :roll: and you were SO friendly too. low class? well, I was raised in a mobilehome, so I guess I can't argue with you there :lol: you PMd me a while back (out of the blue--I wasn't looking for a "hookup" or whatever), and I told you that climbing is a process that will teach you a lot about yourself. maybe you should use this as a chance to look at your actions and why you want to climb in the first place. buena suerte.

chollapete

Sep 1, 2006, 6:33 PM
Post #70 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Um, Claudia...I know I'm asking for it, but....Would you mind mentioning just how old you are?

P.S. I'm a newbie, too. Last time I climbed, I met up with some new people, whom I'd met through some other people I'd met, but I had to stop by work, first, and couldn't find them when I finally got out to the crag. But, I met a couple of tourists climbing here. They invited me to join them, and it turned out that my piece of webbing was the final piece needed for our anchor. We (one of the visitors and I) climbed again a week later, this time using my (new) rope and his lockers. At the end of the day my new climbing bud showed me an awesome bouldering problem at the bottom of the wall. That's the climbing community as I have found it to be. YMMV.

fluxus

Sep 1, 2006, 6:36 PM
Post #71 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

man, someone missed a few hugs as a kid.

chanceboarder

Sep 1, 2006, 6:45 PM
Post #72 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

man, someone missed a few hugs as a kid.
She missed a lot more then just a few hugs.

Partner tgreene

Sep 1, 2006, 6:46 PM
Post #73 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Listen up Honey-Bunches, we're far more than simply a group of "friends" or a bunch of rag-tag "climbers", we're a brotherhood that quite literally holds each others' lives in our hands on a daily basis.

Coming here and making the demands that you have, will not exactly endear you to anyone that takes this LIFESTYLE seriously, and I can state with all sincerety that the things that we learn as we grow as climbers, will likely be carried with us throughout every other aspect of our lives.

I posted on page-1 about a n00b that my partners and I took out. A noob that seriously overstated his abilities and in doing so could have placed our very lives in danger. Rather than being pissed and chastizing him for doing so, we're approaching his enthusiam and desire to "re-educate" him about what he seemingly doesn't know, because he has heart... Because he has heart and is conciously aware of his technical faults in regards to climbing, I'm comfortable enough to place my life in his hands, and have repeatedly done so.

You on the otherhand, I wouldn't trust to bring me a watered down drink, even if your were shakin your ass in some 2-bit gin joint for tips!

shanz

Sep 1, 2006, 6:50 PM
Post #74 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wasnt going to respond to this but man she has inspired me

First of all Pull your panties out of your crotch and go climb a rock.. And listen princess if you are this annoying to people on this board then you are simply dead weight. Powdered butt syndrome and climbing dont mix. Act like that to me and ill drop yer ass - wont let ya hit the ground but a good whipper is always a nice attitude check. I hope the best for ya

epic_ed

Sep 1, 2006, 6:52 PM
Post #75 of 113 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Claudia -- you don't happen to know a fine young lady in SoCal that goes by the handle "Engima", do you?

There's a climbing partner for you if you find her. You'd make a great pair.

Ed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook