Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Riverside Quarry:Wear your helmet... and be prepared to run!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

butofcourse

Sep 22, 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1752 views)
Shortcut

Riverside Quarry:Wear your helmet... and be prepared to run!  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Riverside_Rock_Quarry)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There seem to have been multiple instances of people throwing rocks and objects (fire extinguisher, etc.) from the top of the cliff while climbers were below.

Although nobody has yet been hit (at least to my knowledge), these objects would clearly be large enough to kill a person if they did hit them.

I do not believe that it is intentional -- last time someone was throwing rocks down onto us he/they stopped shortly after hearing us yelling at the top of our lungs.

Climb safe,
-Stein

(This post was edited by butofcourse on Nov 17, 2006, 6:46 PM)

ilikerock13

Feb 19, 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1486 views)
Shortcut

Re: [butofcourse] Riverside Quarry:Wear your helmet... and be prepared to run! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This past weekend (Feb. 18th) while walking between climbing areas a group of people began throwing rocks at us and then proceeds to push a huge boulder over the edge of the cliff which sent shrapnel flying for about 100 yard. Needless to say we left, after these kids/a-wholes, started getting with in a few feet of hitting us. Kind of frustrating, kind of ruins a good crag, I know it is an urban crag, but I cannot believe the idiocy that can be exhibited by people at times.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook