First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

clausti

Oct 16, 2006, 5:38 PM
Post #1 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

cheerful things
Report this Post
Can't Post

in 30 minutes i will officially not hvae had narcotics in 24 hours. that is after 8 strait days of hydrocodone every 4-6 hours.

i have to take a test tomorrow, and i cannot take it on the meds, because i cannot focus.

leave cheerful, funny, amusing stories here. or leave stories so horrible that they just are funny anyways. like, i dunno, burning your ass in a hot tub.

i'll go first... so i was in one of my teaching labs, and i have on a lab coat, walking with a cane. the TA asks me, loud enough for everyone to hear, if i dont have my House costume on a bit early for haloween. I tell her, equally loud, that the cane is for real, but thanks for askin.

and shes a freckled redhead. they blush about 8 different shades, and this was a spectacular example. funny as hell.

GO:

organic

Oct 16, 2006, 5:51 PM
Post #2 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Re: cheerful things [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am the signal

thats all I can think of at the moment because I am grumpy.

slablizard

Oct 16, 2006, 6:25 PM
Post #3 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
in 30 minutes i will officially not hvae had narcotics in 24 hours. that is after 8 strait days of hydrocodone every 4-6 hours.

Ok sorry, now I know why sometimes you sound pissed off.

sunday morning, 5 o clock. I do everything to go climbing without waking up everybody. I wait outside in my porch with a cup o coffee and the cell in my hand.
But the friend who's coming to pick me up calls my land line instead...saying " CAAAALL MEEEEE" on the answering machine...lol

I still don't know how nobody heard that.

chanceboarder

Oct 16, 2006, 6:44 PM
Post #4 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok here's a story. So I was in the marine bio lab at school one afternoon helping to transfer different marine species out of one of our smaller aquariums into one of the bigger ones. I reach in to grab one of the sea urchins to pull him out and move him over when out of no where this crab crawls out of a tube next to the sea urchin and grabs onto my finger with one of its claws.

:shock: I yell and curse at the top of my lungs as the little bastard pinches harder alerting about 15 other students in the class listening to a lecture by one of the professors. Now all eyes are on me as I yank my hand out of the water with the crab attached to my finger. I flick my hand a few times in the air trying to get him off, not the smartest move mind you but it was starting to really hurt. I flick not once, not twice, not even three times, but four times before the the little 6 inch wide crab lets go and is now airborne across the room. It goes flying through the air and hits this woman right in the middle of her chest and somehow either uses its claws to hold on for dear life or gets its legs tangled up int he woman sweater and is now attached to her. She jumps up and starts spinning around the room like a dog chasing its tale until the crab comes flying off and goes skidding across a long lab desk right between all the students. So I run over grab the crab and toss him into the big aquarium while trying to apologize to the professor for interrupting his lecture.

The professor then used me as an example of what NOT to do when a crab has latched onto your finger. :oops:

charley

Oct 16, 2006, 8:56 PM
Post #5 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was talking to a relative yesterday, who has one in college and a daughter looking at schools. You Christina, can think of the cheerful thoughts that will accompany your graduation soon. But just as I reminded the relative, Your cheerfullness will be nothing compared to your dad's when he writes the last tuition check. That is multiplied if you are the last one.

Please don't jump in my shit if dad isn't paying tuition. I just know it was a dam good feeling when I wrote the last tuition check for my daughter. She is still paying student loans.

Wish you the best with your test and your healing. Maybe we'll meet at the new someday.

granite_grrl

Oct 16, 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #6 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Narcotics will mess with you're head. Its amazing how much clearer things are once you get off all of them.

So they finally increased the intensity of my physio. Something very satisfying about exercising and feeling tired afterward.

Partner macherry

Oct 16, 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #7 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I was talking to a relative yesterday, who has one in college and a daughter looking at schools. You Christina, can think of the cheerful thoughts that will accompany your graduation soon. But just as I reminded the relative, Your cheerfullness will be nothing compared to your dad's when he writes the last tuition check. That is multiplied if you are the last one.

Please don't jump in my s--- if dad isn't paying tuition. I just know it was a dam good feeling when I wrote the last tuition check for my daughter. She is still paying student loans.

Wish you the best with your test and your healing. Maybe we'll meet at the new someday.

thanks bill, i'm just about to start shilling out for tuition payments :cry:

chossmonkey

Oct 17, 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #8 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Did your prescription run out?

clausti

Oct 17, 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #9 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Did your prescription run out?

no, i have a test tomorrow. i cant study on the narcs. i've still got another refill on the lortab. although my studying without them isnt going so great either. i might get loaded up tonight on the hydrocodone and caffiene so i can actually study and then go off the meds for the test.

my life is currently pretty fucked, just cause i didnt get anythign done last week. ugh.

granite_grrl

Oct 17, 2006, 2:24 AM
Post #10 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
although my studying without them isnt going so great either.

Hmm, I would say so with the amount of posting you're doing on RC tonight. Maybe you should hook up with Brent_E and swap study habit secrets :lol: .

clausti

Oct 17, 2006, 4:52 AM
Post #11 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Hmm, I would say so with the amount of posting you're doing on RC tonight. Maybe you should hook up with Brent_E and swap study habit secrets :lol: .

if brent_e lived in sc, maybe i would get laid tonight. sadly, that would also adversely affect my studying habits.

granite_grrl

Oct 17, 2006, 3:13 PM
Post #12 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

if brent_e lived in sc, maybe i would get laid tonight. sadly, that would also adversely affect my studying habits.

But I bet you'd get more enjoyment out of it than posting on RC.com! :lol: :lol:

So how did your test go?

justthemaid

Oct 17, 2006, 3:57 PM
Post #13 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I sent a series of these childhood stories to a certain incorrigible Southerner when he wasn't feeling so well. Hope it cheers you up a bit as well.

(names changed to protect the guilty)

"The Adventures of Cowboy Doug."

Meet Cowboy Doug.

I grew up in the Santa Monica mountains above Malibu very near to what is now the Echo Cliffs climbing area. Doug Hensen was a land developer, who owned most of the properties surrounding ours, but first and foremost, Doug was a cowboy.

Cowboy Doug was a middle-aged guy, with a Hank Hill physique, who was never seen in public without his cowboy uniform. Jeans, plaid shirt, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and the all important enormous silver belt buckle with the belly hanging over.

Cowboy Doug lived by the Doug Hensen commandments:

Thou shalt NEVER throw ANYTHING away.

Thou shalt NEVER spend money on anything.

Thou shalt fix EVERYTHING with bailing wire.

Thou shalt NEVER maintain ANYTHING.

NEVER do anything correctly that you can do 1/2 assed.

Thou shalt maintain thy cowboy persona at all times. (Which included- thou shalt drive a Ford pickup).

He had a nerdy high-pitched voice that didn't match the exterior, and was to focus of many cruel impersonations.

Cowboy Doug was haphazard with all projects, and a pack-rat to boot. He most enjoyed driving around the canyons in his decrepit powder-blue Ford salvaging rusted barbed wire that he would haul back and make new fences out of. The fences rarely held, and Doug's livestock were perpetually in our pastures.

The Ford was so loud you could hear it coming down the canyon long before you saw it. (there's a story of how the Ford lost it's muffler too ). Cowboy Doug had a fleet of barely- functioning vehicles scattered about his property, including a (never functioning) speed boat, and a small, loud antiquated backhoe that belched smoke like crazy.

Cowboy Doug's hoarding extended even to his used cowboy boots, which sat molding in an enormous pile in the barn. The mice were grateful for the condominiums. Doug knew every piece of junk intimately, and jealously guarded his treasures.

I quite frankly found Cowboy Doug quite ridiculous and there seemed to be no end to his antics...

clausti

Oct 17, 2006, 4:06 PM
Post #14 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

But I bet you'd get more enjoyment out of it than posting on RC.com! :lol: :lol:

So how did your test go?

test is this afternoon at 2. "if you have to get a freind to proposition a bored co-ed for you, on rc.com, you might be a brent_e."

ha.

deleted
Deleted

Oct 17, 2006, 4:44 PM
Post #15 of 34 (1491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have this mustang convertable that I had worked on for years that is now in mint condition. I had taken a road trip with my youngest son (12) and a buddy of mine and his 12 year old son. Well about 30 miles into the trip my buddy wanted to drive the car. So we trade seats and off he went at around 55 mph. So here comes this convertable sunbird right up behind us and it was filled with 4 colleague aged women. They were whooping and hollering as they flew by us. We naturally thought, WOW, wer are pretty cool and we instantly sat straight up since we were so cool. I thought its amazing what a car can do for ya. (Keep in mind that we are both in our 40s) Then our two sons in the back seat started laughing. I turned around and asked what was so damn funny and my son said that the girls in the red car that just past us called us loosers. I asked him why he thought that, for I didn't hear them call us anything. He then proceeded to make a "L" shape with his index finger and thumb and put it onto his forehead and said that means you are a looser daddy. Well, after that me and my buddy just road back home in silence with our egos busted.

chossmonkey

Oct 17, 2006, 5:27 PM
Post #16 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

How would you know if sex with Brent would be more enjoyable than posting on RC.com? :evil:

shakylegs

Oct 17, 2006, 6:00 PM
Post #17 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have this mustang convertable that I had worked on for years that is now in mint condition. I had taken a road trip with my youngest son (12) and a buddy of mine and his 12 year old son. Well about 30 miles into the trip my buddy wanted to drive the car. So we trade seats and off he went at around 55 mph. So here comes this convertable sunbird right up behind us and it was filled with 4 colleague aged women. They were whooping and hollering as they flew by us. We naturally thought, WOW, wer are pretty cool and we instantly sat straight up since we were so cool. I thought its amazing what a car can do for ya. (Keep in mind that we are both in our 40s) Then our two sons in the back seat started laughing. I turned around and asked what was so damn funny and my son said that the girls in the red car that just past us called us loosers. I asked him why he thought that, for I didn't hear them call us anything. He then proceeded to make a "L" shape with his index finger and thumb and put it onto his forehead and said that means you are a looser daddy. Well, after that me and my buddy just road back home in silence with our egos busted.

Well, it shows what the chicks know. How many people can say they've road-tripped in a restored convertible with their pre-teen sons? Not many.

wjca

Oct 17, 2006, 6:06 PM
Post #18 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

How would you know if sex with Brent would be more enjoyable than posting on RC.com? :evil:

She good the first time you had sex with her, wasn't she? Well, how you think she got that way?

chossmonkey

Oct 17, 2006, 6:21 PM
Post #19 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

She good the first time you had sex with her, wasn't she? Well, how you think she got that way?

Certainly not from Brent. :roll:

Partner brent_e

Oct 17, 2006, 7:56 PM
Post #20 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

no, my dear, you would not.

:D

Brent

Partner brent_e

Oct 17, 2006, 8:06 PM
Post #21 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, and clausti, what the heck did you do to yourself? I didn't read about it anywhere here? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

clausti

Oct 17, 2006, 8:16 PM
Post #22 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
oh, and clausti, what the heck did you do to yourself? I didn't read about it anywhere here? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

i fell bouldering saturday the 7th, and hurt my back. walkin wiht a cane, cant carry a bookbag, grounded from climbing for a couple months. there's a thread about it in accident and injury wiht more details.

and are you sayin i'm not good enough for you?? pshhhaw.

jumpingrock

Oct 17, 2006, 8:20 PM
Post #23 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

i fell bouldering saturday the 7th, and hurt my back. walkin wiht a cane, cant carry a bookbag, grounded from climbing for a couple months. there's a thread about it in accident and injury wiht more details.

Compared to Val, for him, I'm sure you are not. And that is good.

chossmonkey

Oct 17, 2006, 8:22 PM
Post #24 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

no, my dear, you would not.

:D

Brent

So you are not denying teaching my wife everything she knows about sex as wjca implies? :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

clausti

Oct 17, 2006, 9:20 PM
Post #25 of 34 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Compared to Val, for him, I'm sure you are not. And that is good.

is that his lady? profile doesnt mention a wifey, and i dont follow the "i stalk brent_e" thread.

you win some, you lose exponentially more..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook