RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

danq99

Oct 18, 2006, 2:03 AM
Post #1 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

mineral wells on sunday 10/22
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i just moved to dallas and am looking for a partner for mineral wells on sunday.

dan

westtexasrocker

Oct 19, 2006, 1:36 PM
Post #2 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

Re: mineral wells on sunday 10/22 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm, M.W. kinda far for us here in San Angelo, but we will be going to a new crag developed at Lake Brownwood quite a bit and your welcome to join us any time. Our group is pretty well mixed of climbers from 5.7 - 5.12+ We mostly boulder at home during the week and travel to Brownwood or Enchanted Rock on weekends.

Rob
Concho Valley Climbers Association

Oct 19, 2006, 2:21 PM
Post #3 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you get in touch with a guy named Craig -user name crgwhe- he is usually looking for people to go out there with him and his son. Real nice guy, and he knows the area fairly well.

vegasclimbin

Oct 26, 2006, 4:25 PM
Post #4 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, climbing at lake brownwood. I am from Brownwood but did not get into rock climbing until moving here to Las Vegas, I would have never thought there were many climbers in Brownwood. Can you tell me what area of the lake the crag is on, I will be visiting family there from time to time.
Thanks

westtexasrocker

Oct 26, 2006, 5:14 PM
Post #5 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sure, it's just next to (and down below) the Kirkland Marina. Park along the road, go to store and sign in and pay the $2 climbers fee as this IS private property. The new owners are VERY climber friendly people and have runn off the rednecks that used to trash the place with beer bottles in the past, hence the $2 fee. Drunks don't want to pay just to hangout. You can see a FEW pics of this crag at www.cruxclimbing.org They are a group out of Abilene that has been setting TR routes (bolting) out there for awhile now, but don't be deceived by the few and not so great pics on their gallery. The best stuff and the true immensity of the place are NOT represented in their pics. If it were anywhere else in the state closer to a metro area it would surely be a MAJOR climbing destination in Texas. Bottom line.....it's a very fun, very easily accessed crag with absolutely no crowds. Great bouldering as well. Rumor is there are going to be some sport routes put up here as well. There are quite a few areas there that are overhanging that would be great for it. Ya gotta see that place to truly appreciate it. Can't over emphasize how much, much bigger it is than what the pics show.

westtexasrocker

Oct 26, 2006, 5:21 PM
Post #6 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

here follow this link. For some reason this page does NOT show on their website?

http://cruxclimbing.org/Gallery/

Enjoy!

Rob

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook