Premier Sponsor:

justthemaid

Nov 14, 2006, 4:17 PM
Post #1 of 18 (475 views)
Shortcut

soap box exiled?? community UNITE!
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sure- I could give a rats ass about politics and religion, but to send them off to a lonely exile in it's own forum (penal colony?) seems to be cruel and unusual punishment.Pirate

The spirit of Community is cloven in two.Unsure

It's like Superman with his Bizzarro-world twin. It's somehow more entertaining when they dwell in the same dimension.Mad

...and why is Community at the top of the page? No good can come of it. All the riff-raff that was too lazy to scroll to the bottom of the page will float in now....or it that the riff-raff was already here after it sunk to the bottom of the Forums pond?Tongue

I'm confused. All the big print is making me woozy.Crazy

justthemaid

Nov 14, 2006, 4:24 PM
Post #2 of 18 (467 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justthemaid] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh My GOD!!

My seal!! My beautiful SEAL!!

Where has Sabet seal gone??

I'm so lonely without him.

What will I do without my weekly borrage of offended PM's?

Partner j_ung

Nov 14, 2006, 4:24 PM
Post #3 of 18 (467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree. I feel a little like a previously conjoined twin. Unite the Communities! With embedded photos!Cool

traddad

Nov 14, 2006, 4:26 PM
Post #4 of 18 (461 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's like Superman with his Bizzarro-world twin. It's somehow more entertaining when they dwell in the same dimension.Mad
Tongue

Yup. Kind of a yin and yang thing. W/O Pinkie's bugfu(k insane posts, Madriver just doesn't seem so warm and cuddly. sniff.....

(This post was edited by traddad on Nov 14, 2006, 4:34 PM)

overlord

Nov 14, 2006, 4:28 PM
Post #5 of 18 (462 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i 3rd (or 4rh; depending on position of justthemaid) the suggestion. its better to have all the crap in one pile instead of spread out.

justthemaid

Nov 14, 2006, 4:39 PM
Post #6 of 18 (449 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

... and Spellcheck- my beautiful spellcheck!!!

Now my total inability to spell will be revealed to all.

Partner wideguy

Nov 14, 2006, 4:50 PM
Post #7 of 18 (440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the split. Keep the religious and political rhetoric and spew in it's own spot. It's all still in "Community."

dr_feelgood

Nov 14, 2006, 4:55 PM
Post #8 of 18 (433 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I like the split. Keep the religious and political rhetoric and spew in it's own spot. It's all still in "Community."

Boo that!
Unite Community under the flag of Sabet Seal! And embedded photos!

justthemaid

Nov 14, 2006, 5:32 PM
Post #9 of 18 (409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Boo that!
Unite Community under the flag of Sabet Seal! And embedded photos!

YEAH BABY!

But will we ever be able to post the pic. of our banner?

...and for those who like the split. Anyone with half and ounce of intellegence could filter out the politics and religion with a glance. I've been doing it for years (and I'm not particularly bright).

Scrolling is a beautiful thing.

Partner camhead

Nov 14, 2006, 5:57 PM
Post #10 of 18 (391 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

feh. this is like that "separate but equal" rhetoric that accompanied "Plessy vs. Ferguson." Fuck that, we need political-religious rhetoric embedded in the exact forum as the rest of community!

Partner wideguy

Nov 14, 2006, 7:02 PM
Post #11 of 18 (368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...and for those who like the split. Anyone with half and ounce of intellegence could filter out the politics and religion with a glance. I've been doing it for years (and I'm not particularly bright).

Scrolling is a beautiful thing.

and I could counter that for those that want to read the political and religious spew, if they posses half an ounce of intelligience, they should be able to simply manage clicking on "Soapbox" instead of "Campfire."
I have done the scrolling and filtering for years, doesn't mean I like it.

And scrolling is a beautiful thing. but you should be happy, now you don't even need to scroll past fart jokes and nudie pics to get to another rivetting discussion about how much George Bush sucks.

Most other boards I surf have gone this same way, seperating the religiousand political spew. I hope it stays.

kachoong

Nov 14, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #12 of 18 (358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So if the community is untied, where's the coffee shop forum?

jt512

Nov 14, 2006, 7:39 PM
Post #13 of 18 (343 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sure- I could give a rats ass about politics and religion, but to send them off to a lonely exile in it's own forum (penal colony?) seems to be cruel and unusual punishment.Pirate

...and why is Community at the top of the page? No good can come of it. All the riff-raff that was too lazy to scroll to the bottom of the page will float in now....or it that the riff-raff was already here after it sunk to the bottom of the Forums pond?Tongue

It's a consequence of the new site's motto: Niceness, Not Functionality. All posts in the main forums must be strictly Nice. Community must be split into two Forums: one for posts that conform to the Official Niceness Policy and another in which the Niceness dictum is relaxed somewhat, although according to the Forum Rules, a great deal of Niceness is required even in the Soap Box.

So, never mind that it takes the whole morning to figure out which of your posts have been replied to, because you either have to check each forum individually, or you have to delete 50 "your watched thread has been replied to" messages from your email. It's really not important as long as you're Nice. (Note that site owners are exempt from the Niceness policy when replying to complaints from customers.)

Jay

traddad

Nov 14, 2006, 7:42 PM
Post #14 of 18 (338 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

It's a consequence of the new site's motto: Niceness, Not Functionality. All posts in the main forums must be strictly Nice. Community must be split into two Forums: one for posts that conform to the Official Niceness Policy and another in which the Niceness dictum is relaxed somewhat, although according to the Forum Rules, a great deal of Niceness is required even in the Soap Box.

So, never mind that it takes the whole morning to figure out which of your posts have been replied to, because you either have to check each forum individually, or you have to delete 50 "your watched thread has been replied to" messages from your email. It's really not important as long as you're Nice. (Note that site owners are exempt from the Niceness policy when replying to complaints from customers.)

Jay

That's nice.

thomasribiere

Nov 14, 2006, 8:38 PM
Post #15 of 18 (319 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

As a mod, during the beta testing, I begged for the merging of these 2 forums. And so did a few other mods.
I'm still for it!

LETS BOYCOTT THE SOAP BOX!

qdiggety

Nov 14, 2006, 8:44 PM
Post #16 of 18 (316 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST!!!!

justthemaid

Nov 14, 2006, 8:55 PM
Post #17 of 18 (312 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] soap box exiled?? community UNITE! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice Shmice.

Well see how long that lasts.Wink

...and Wideguy. I love ya baby, but I'd wager a guess that you eat off one of those plates with the dividers. Don't like those pesky peas co-mingling with the mashed potatoes do you??

FREE SABET SEAL!!!

Viva la seal.

(This post was edited by justthemaid on Nov 14, 2006, 8:58 PM)

Partner wideguy

Nov 14, 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #18 of 18 (289 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...and Wideguy. I love ya baby, but I'd wager a guess that you eat off one of those plates with the dividers. Don't like those pesky peas co-mingling with the mashed potatoes do you??

You'ld lose that bet. Everyone knows that you take a scoop of mashed potatoes on the fork, roll it in peas, jab a piece of your favorite dead animal on the end and pop the whole thing in your mouth. The co-mingling of flavors is awesome. Plus the potatoes keep the peas from rolling off.

But I still like keeping PTC, bobd (chosen only for theire diametrically opposed views) and the rest of the political religious screamers somewhere else. If I want to read their opinions I still know where to find them. or I can just reference the mental database of the 1000+ times they've already said whatever it is they're saying today.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook