Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
April Climbing at Devils Tower
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bigwally

Apr 9, 2007, 3:33 PM
Post #1 of 7 (3657 views)
Shortcut

April Climbing at Devils Tower  (North_America: United_States: Wyoming: Eastern_Wy_: Devils_Tower)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

SmileSmileClimbed yesterday, Easter,with friend and neighbor Justin, (his first time). We made it to the top of the Durrance Pitch in very clear, but very cold conditions. We were joined by a pair from Laramie that found their way to the top via the Most Excellent SOLER Route. It was a Great Day !!!...also we found a #10 hex in the Durrance Crack, where some party had bailed (due to inclimate wather, no doubt). If You know who it belongs to, I've got it for them. Just give me a call. Season is here, Tower's here, WHEN WILL YOU BE HERE.Wink
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO LIVE OUT THEIR DREAMS.

Partner mr8615

Apr 10, 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3637 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bigwally] April Climbing at Devils Tower [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bigwally wrote:
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO LIVE OUT THEIR DREAMS.

Effin right!

chossmonkey

Apr 10, 2007, 1:03 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Right on Frank!

bigwally

Apr 14, 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #4 of 7 (3595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

CoolCoolCold clouds and brisk chilly wind passed by us in the morning and the rest of the day proved to be sunny and bright (50's). Shared a remarkable day with Andrew and Ruth, from Switzerland, and cruised up the Deadly Durrance Route. It was their First Time ever, atop this Tower, and my first Summit for this year. What a Wonderful Day, and a Wonderful Way to start this 2007 season. It could only have been better if YOU had been along. BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO LIVE OUT THEIR DREAMS.Smile

bigwally

Apr 26, 2007, 3:18 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SmileSmileAfter two days of rain and cold, the sun came through and so did neighbor, Josh. He is heading, next week, to San Diego (from South Dakota)to start a career in the Marine Corp, and has been calling me for some Devils Tower climbing before he goes away.

Yesterday was the day. Sun ! Warm!! Dry!!!We started on the North End doing NEW WAVE, BROKEN TREE and EVERLASTING, then followed the sun around to the South, where we floated up the Deadly Durrance Route ("Cheez, hardest 5.6 I've ever done"). Had 11 pitches of climbing and the Tower Entirely to ourselves.(Not too many more days like that left, before the Circus comes to Town..) Flacons were in full flame and Jumping George's empty tin cans were still on top, from 66 years ago. Could only have been better if You were along with us. BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO LIVE OUT THEIR DREAMS !!SmileCool

bigwally

Apr 29, 2007, 5:10 PM
Post #6 of 7 (3492 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SmileSmileClimbed on the North End, yesterday, with my neighbors, Angie & Justin. It was Angie's first day on Real Rock. On a beautiful, sunny day, she showed herslef to be a TRUE ROCK STAR!!! :lol: It was an Idyllic Afternoon, as we climbed pitches, and variations, of BROKEN TREE, NEW WAVE, MYSTIC and PATENT PENDING.

We were in the company of Eric & Patrick, from South Dakota and two other paarties from Colorado. We watched them climb BROKEN TREE, NEW WAVE, BACK TO MONTANA AND McCARTHY NORTH FACE. There were also 2 parties on DURRANCE ROUTE, as well as EL CRACKO, BURNING DAYLIGHT and others. It was a Beaautil day for Climbing.

Additionally, there were climbers on MR. CLEAN, which is directly in the middle of the area currently closed to climbing, in respect to the nesting Prairie Falcons. Further investigation showed that the Park Service had Failed to post any notice of any Falcon Closures, at the sign-out kiosk....Whooops!!!

In Summary, the weather is warming, tourists are starting to tour, climbers are climbing....and the Falcons are try to make little Falcons.....AND IT COULD ONLY BE BETTER IF YOU WERE HERE !!! blessedarethosewholiveouttheirDreams!!!! CoolCool

Partner xtrmecat

May 12, 2007, 2:36 AM
Post #7 of 7 (3440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All right Wally/big guy. I'm coming. Will be in town early for the circus. Got enough blades for those routes this year. Camp at your place? Be in the center ring on Saturday next week. How the weather? Windy but cool yet? Rainy?
Bob

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook