Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
where can i find an begginers climb at ratlesnake point?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

settle

Jul 30, 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1427 views)
Shortcut

where can i find an begginers climb at ratlesnake point?  (North_America: Canada: Ontario: Golden_Horseshoe: Rattlesnake_Point: West_Cliff)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey everyone my buddy and i have just started rock climbing and we were wondering how can we find a begginers climb at rattle snake point that we could start with untill we start getting the hang of everything. i also have been hearing there are areas that we can not climb there how will we tell where thoses areas are. thanks for everyones elp

granite_grrl

Jul 30, 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1399 views)
Shortcut

Re: [settle] where can i find an begginers climb at ratlesnake point? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Step 1: buy a guide book
Step 2: drive to the cliff
Step 3: walk along the bottom of the cliff till you find a climb that looks good in the grade range you want
Step 4: One person stays at the bottom of the clif while the other goes to locate the top
Step 5: set up your top rope
Step 6: climb/flail up the route
Step 7: rinse repeat

Sorry, I'm not sure what else you are looking for. Not knowing Rattlesnake very well, and not knowing what grade range you are looking for I don't know what to recomend to you.

Rattlesnake is known as a begineers area, where the climbing schools will often set up for the day. Get there early or go on a weekday to snag the climbs you want.

Note: all this advise is made with the assumption that you have climbed before and know how to set up a TR anchor. If this is wrong there's way more you need to do before you head out.

settle

Jul 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] where can i find an begginers climb at ratlesnake point? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ok thank you vary much

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook