Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jh_angel

Aug 25, 2007, 3:18 PM
Post #26 of 32 (1154 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roy_hinkley_jr] Creatine Monohydrate for climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

roy_hinkley_jr wrote:
fluxus wrote:
I think its always a good idea to remember how young climbing is as a sport.

It's older than basketball, American football, or the Olympic marathon. Sounds like a cop out to avoid a tough subject.

If your primary focus in climbing is the more popular, modern incarnations like sport, bouldering and modern (read: post cam) trad, then fluxus has a point. From the sound of things that is what the OP is working at, but that's just the way I read it.

sidepull

Aug 25, 2007, 4:34 PM
Post #27 of 32 (1149 views)
Shortcut

Re: [corson] Creatine Monohydrate for climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

corson wrote:
sidepull, First of all, dont dude me. Second, you should keep narrow minded comments to your self.I only sighted Horst because at 4:30 in the morning that is what I came up with off the top of my head.That could actually be referenced. Although i did think of the research the french have been doing with Creatine for the last 15 years.If only sighting one source decreases my credibility in your eyes then you are probably as dumb as your response.What "training protocals" are YOU referring too? What sources have you sited? Based on your own responce it is your credibility that is waning.The OP was talking about training twice a day,not twice a week. How on earth are you able to extrapolate via the internet, any parameters surrounding the OP. If one is healthy and smart he/she can train twice a day.It's called doubles and most serious athletes have done it in their respective sports dating back to pre- christian Italy,where he who trained harder lived.

comments like yours are the reason I usually dont post to rc.com

Wah wah wah!

Corson (dude) who's to say my comments are any more narrow minded than yours? First, I agreed with your point about finding your own information. Second, I acknowledged that there is a purpose for two-a-days, but I also acknowledged that it's really limited. Most sports that use two-a-days base their primary movements on large muscle groups (think football, cycling, running, etc.). Climbing is very different because of its focus on fingers and tendons and therefore individuals attempting more extreme training protocols are more prone to injury. For example, it's amazing to compare the care with which Wolfgang Gullich used the original campus board and the idiocy with which it is used now (and hence the freqency of injury). At the very least, I'm recognizing constraints and I'm not promoting adhering to training recommendations from someone (Horst) that most people who have studied training disregard as being fairly popularistic and unscientific.

If that seems closed minded to you and me using the word dude puts you off so, then maybe posting here is dangerous to your psyche - but those seem like pretty thin-skinned reasons to go off. Peace.

roy_hinkley_jr

Aug 25, 2007, 5:02 PM
Post #28 of 32 (1143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jh_angel] Creatine Monohydrate for climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jh_angel wrote:
roy_hinkley_jr wrote:
fluxus wrote:

It's older than basketball, American football, or the Olympic marathon. Sounds like a cop out to avoid a tough subject.

If your primary focus in climbing is the more popular, modern incarnations like sport, bouldering and modern (read: post cam) trad, then fluxus has a point. From the sound of things that is what the OP is working at, but that's just the way I read it.

Agreed, he has a point. It's flat out wrong but a point nevertheless. Both of you should learn more about the history of climbing. Folks have been cranking hard for a LOT longer than either of you realize.

Corson, you'd do better by posting more than hyperbole. Back up your statements or stay out of the kitchen.

jt512

Aug 26, 2007, 1:03 AM
Post #29 of 32 (1110 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roy_hinkley_jr] Creatine Monohydrate for climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

roy_hinkley_jr wrote:
jh_angel wrote:
roy_hinkley_jr wrote:
fluxus wrote:

Agreed, he has a point. It's flat out wrong but a point nevertheless. Both of you should learn more about the history of climbing.

And you should work on your reading comprehension. It is completely obvious what sense of the "sport" fluxus was using when he said that climbing was young "as a sport."

In reply to:
Folks have been cranking hard for a LOT longer than either of you realize.

Did you just accuse Fluxus of not knowing the history of climbing? *LOL*

Jay

Partner angry

Aug 26, 2007, 1:47 AM
Post #30 of 32 (1101 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] Creatine Monohydrate for climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sidepull wrote:
it's amazing to compare the care with which Wolfgang Gullich used the original campus board and the idiocy with which it is used now (and hence the freqency of injury).

Totally off track from the creatine subject. Where might some of Gullich's training protocols be found? Is it in the SCC.

organic

Aug 26, 2007, 3:24 AM
Post #31 of 32 (1094 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] Creatine Monohydrate for climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sidepull wrote:
corson wrote:
sidepull, First of all, dont dude me. Second, you should keep narrow minded comments to your self.I only sighted Horst because at 4:30 in the morning that is what I came up with off the top of my head.That could actually be referenced. Although i did think of the research the french have been doing with Creatine for the last 15 years.If only sighting one source decreases my credibility in your eyes then you are probably as dumb as your response.What "training protocals" are YOU referring too? What sources have you sited? Based on your own responce it is your credibility that is waning.The OP was talking about training twice a day,not twice a week. How on earth are you able to extrapolate via the internet, any parameters surrounding the OP. If one is healthy and smart he/she can train twice a day.It's called doubles and most serious athletes have done it in their respective sports dating back to pre- christian Italy,where he who trained harder lived.

comments like yours are the reason I usually dont post to rc.com

Wah wah wah!

Corson (dude) who's to say my comments are any more narrow minded than yours? First, I agreed with your point about finding your own information. Second, I acknowledged that there is a purpose for two-a-days, but I also acknowledged that it's really limited. Most sports that use two-a-days base their primary movements on large muscle groups (think football, cycling, running, etc.). Climbing is very different because of its focus on fingers and tendons and therefore individuals attempting more extreme training protocols are more prone to injury. For example, it's amazing to compare the care with which Wolfgang Gullich used the original campus board and the idiocy with which it is used now (and hence the freqency of injury). At the very least, I'm recognizing constraints and I'm not promoting adhering to training recommendations from someone (Horst) that most people who have studied training disregard as being fairly popularistic and unscientific.

If that seems closed minded to you and me using the word dude puts you off so, then maybe posting here is dangerous to your psyche - but those seem like pretty thin-skinned reasons to go off. Peace.

It is interesting to note that I have trained 5 days a week for multiple weeks in succession on a metolius campus set-up even doing two finger campusing and have never had an injury! I don't see how people can injure themselves on hangboards because people who would become injured usually cannot hold onto the holds that could cause injury. I searched the forums and found very few cases of hangboard related injury! Not that they are all posted. I have never heard of anyone I know acquiring an injury through a hangboard either. Not that I have a great sample size but I always see people talking of hangboard injuries and telling me not to work the campus board and I honestly have never had a problem. Most hardcore climbers I know do two-a-days and some professional climbers have talked about doing them. Anyways just my thoughts as you probably all will dismiss as invalid anyway HAH! But wait I will do it first andbeat you to it!

Organic, I just wanted to tell you that sounds all made up!

Corson, your glaring missuse of "sighting" in place of "citing" just hurts to look at so I had to say something.

c22

Aug 29, 2007, 1:32 AM
Post #32 of 32 (1049 views)
Shortcut

Re: [organic] Creatine Monohydrate for climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

how about you take some of that shit and report back on how it worked. Problem solved.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook