dr_feelgood

Oct 4, 2007, 2:22 AM
Post #1 of 5 (229 views)
Shortcut

To self punish or not to self punish?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Apologies for the long post.

So I'm a sadomasochistic artist for a living. Due to health problems (work related... long story... many scars.) over the last 2 years I've scaled back to part time and I'm concentrating more on my fine art and art shows and less on commercial commissions.

My master plan... Produce a small book of my 'artwork' to sell at my shows so I can supplement my income not that I can't do this full time any more. Seems like a $20 picture book will be easier to sell than a $500 stained glass window and I'm still selling my art. I've spoken with one photographer who did the same. He now makes more $ off his books than his actual art.

I spend months learning how to beat myself bloody(not easy). I'm already in for over $3000.00 in antibiotics, sutures and being laid up while healing. .

Now I'm getting the bid for the actual surgeries..

Estimate: $7000.00 (about $6.00 per stitch)

Yikes I say...and that's the buddy price from a friend(surgical fetish). Needless to say- I don't have $7000.00 laying around and at the moment I can't handle the financial strain of another monthly payment on a bank loan.

My options:

1) Borrow from mommy and daddy. Mom's on board. Dad's thinks i'm a creepy fucking idiot.
Pro: All the profits are mine and the unit cost is low. Con: Expensive at first. Not sure that I can realistically pay the parents back any time in the next 10 years.

2) Self publish digitally on line. Too Easy. Too Overdone.

3) Get someone to publish it for me.

There are companies that only publish the stupid shit i do.

4) Hire a ghost writer friend (different from the creepy dude who offered to do the free surgery) to publish it under his name.

This solution leaves me with a few people with their fingers in the pie and may make it more difficult to obtain and sell copies at my shows but the distribution will be wider.

5) Just wait. Hold off. Gather funds. Print up a few digital copies and see how they sell before committing.

6) Ditch the whole sadomasochistic thing thing and become a peace corps activist. (There are like 3 in the whole country).

Your thoughts??

Partner epoch

Oct 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #2 of 5 (196 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] To self punish or not to self punish? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You should take what's behind curtan number one.

microbarn

Oct 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #3 of 5 (191 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

it seemed too off topic for the other thread, but I will post it here

There is a stained glass window that is on a very popular street here. The window is in the entrance way in place of the house where a screen door would normally be. Usually it is either day time with more light outside or night time with the door closed. I drove by it hundreds of times. One time they had their inside (solid) door open, but left the stained glass closed at night.

The window has 2 women in bikinis kissing. I have been hoping to see it lit up in a similar manner for the last 3-4 years so that I could get a picture, but it hasn't happened again. PiratePiratePirate

ClusterFock

Oct 4, 2007, 1:32 PM
Post #4 of 5 (182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Where's option 7: Harden the fuck up?
It's not on the list?

Sly

justthemaid

Oct 4, 2007, 2:41 PM
Post #5 of 5 (164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why Dr Feel good. I had no idea.Shocked

I get a whole new picture in my mind every time I read the user name now.Wink

My advice:

Sadomasochism is soooo 90's.

Get with the times dude. Switch to erotic tickle videos.

Way cheaper to produce. The Koreans eat them up and the worst you'll get is a rash from the feather duster.

(This post was edited by justthemaid on Oct 4, 2007, 2:42 PM)

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook