Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Partner happiegrrrl

Oct 9, 2007, 3:29 PM
Post #1 of 53 (4672 views)
Shortcut

Laides Room Moderation - Again
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know this topic goes round and round, and I know the Ladies Room doesn't get much traffic. Maybe, just maybe, it's because no woman wants to post in a place where the following garbage is left:

(exerp from the "Am I a Perv" thread in the Ladies Room)
desertwanderer81 wrote:
I have never had a problem with an experienced woman climbing partner.

Anyhow, I let them come to me, solves a lot of problems.

(The below, posted in response to the above, is the user/post I am referring to)

experienced....hmmm
you mean like a stripper ? oh pardonnez moi, an Exotic dancer
Come on! I'm bored! :)

If a stripper is an exotic dancer...a slut is a vagina contractor ?

(from Sirius Comedy Channel)

.....I tried to send an email through the "Contact Us" button, but couldn't find a way to do so. And so -

I'd have preferred to quietly relay that: This guy has been told, time and time again, that his comments tend to cross over the line. He claims an excuse of being european, where this crap is supposedly acceptable, and we should lighten up.

The Ladies Room is purported to be highly moderated.... Doesn't seem that's the case. My suggestion is to please ask the user to refrain from posting to that forum, since he doesn't seem to be offering anything except demeaning comments.

When I log onto this site, I check "general," "east Coast Partners" and then the Community section. If adies Room has a new post, I like to go see what's there - being a woman and all. But for quite some time now, it seems the ladies know better than to use that forum. Almost as if it's a bad part of town, and we should "expect" whatever we get if we are stupid enough to go there.

Thank you.

(This post was edited by happiegrrrl on Oct 9, 2007, 3:31 PM)

overlord

Oct 9, 2007, 4:54 PM
Post #2 of 53 (4667 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Laides Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
I'd have preferred to quietly relay that: This guy has been told, time and time again, that his comments tend to cross over the line. He claims an excuse of being european, where this crap is supposedly acceptable, and we should lighten up.

im also european and comments like this are definitely not acceptable.

slablizard

Oct 9, 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #3 of 53 (4649 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Happiegirl...your lack of sense of humour is really sad. I heard a crowd of people on the radio laugh at that comment and here you are...complaining with the authorities...instead of responding to a joke with a joke...that wasn't even directed at you...??? I don't get it. I am sure you got the contest and understud it was a joke? Did you?

The world is a place where you find everything...just like this forums..GET OVER IT! We don't want moderation as we don't want more police control..as we are CLIMBERS!
If you want a totally PC forum where everybody says Please and thank you at the end of every line and closes the messages with a "god bless you" I suggest you pick up..I don't know...something less extreme?
Climbers ( as I know them) are supposed to be the "odd balls" not fitting in any other sport...sarcastic, rebel, dirtbag kind f people. Do you fit?

Ask yourself, and RELAX!
It's just a forum!

Can you PLEASE kill file me along with all others you dislike and relax?
Or post something else to kick that topic off the main page?

Ciao

Paolo

happiegrrrl wrote:
I know this topic goes round and round, and I know the Ladies Room doesn't get much traffic. Maybe, just maybe, it's because no woman wants to post in a place where the following garbage is left:

(exerp from the "Am I a Perv" thread in the Ladies Room)
desertwanderer81 wrote:
I have never had a problem with an experienced woman climbing partner.

Anyhow, I let them come to me, solves a lot of problems.

(The below, posted in response to the above, is the user/post I am referring to)

experienced....hmmm
you mean like a stripper ? oh pardonnez moi, an Exotic dancer
Come on! I'm bored! :)

If a stripper is an exotic dancer...a slut is a vagina contractor ?

(from Sirius Comedy Channel)

.....I tried to send an email through the "Contact Us" button, but couldn't find a way to do so. And so -

The Ladies Room is purported to be highly moderated.... Doesn't seem that's the case. My suggestion is to please ask the user to refrain from posting to that forum, since he doesn't seem to be offering anything except demeaning comments.

When I log onto this site, I check "general," "east Coast Partners" and then the Community section. If adies Room has a new post, I like to go see what's there - being a woman and all. But for quite some time now, it seems the ladies know better than to use that forum. Almost as if it's a bad part of town, and we should "expect" whatever we get if we are stupid enough to go there.

Thank you.

Partner happiegrrrl

Oct 9, 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #4 of 53 (4642 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slablizard] Laides Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

S/L - It's YOU who doesn't get it. Thew Ladies Room is not the place for those types of remarks. More than once, various women have asked this site management to moderate that forum. You have participated in discussions on the topic - and even agreed to stfu - and then reniged on your word within a few posts.

You took a comment made in a serious post(the word "experienced") and twisted it to suit your agenda.

One thing to do it in the Campground forum, another to do it in the Ladies Room. That is my beef. And wtf does it matter, whether it was directed at a particular person or not? That's so besides the point I can't imagine why you even bring it up.

You heard a whole "roomful of people on the radio laugh"..... What, pray tell, does that matter? Firstly, ever heard of canned laughter(and don't be foolish enough to think media doesn't use filler products....)? Two - just because some misogynistic creeps laugh at a supposed joke in one venue doesn't make it appropriate in another.

Referring to women as sluts, even in repeating a joke, is so offensive that I find it truly hard to believe you can't comprehend that.

It's only been about 6 hours, so I will wait to hear if the management of this site has any comment.

carabiner96

Oct 9, 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #5 of 53 (4640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Slab...STFU.

Happigrrl is right...the ladies room is not sirius radio or any other shit like that. Nevermind that your post had nothing to do with the topic at hand, you don't realize that there is a time and a place for everything, and the Ladies room is one of those places where you can't just run your mouth off.

Stop acting so ignorant and grow up.

slablizard

Oct 9, 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #6 of 53 (4637 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Laides Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bah.

I don't get it..like you never posted something offensive or gross or out of place in any other forum...what has ladies room so special about it?
I might go a bit out of the lines..but then you're authorized to tell me to SHUT THE FUCK UP and that's supposed to be ok?

I don't mind that, as I don't mind you telling it to me in person, it's part of today's colloquialism if you want..but than be coherent..you can't tell me that I can't run my mouth off and then you do just the same...

doesn't SHUT THE FUCK UP sound ignrorant to you? I never insulted anyone personally (so far) you didn't had the same courtesy to me.

or that rule is ONLY valid in ladie's room?

carabiner96 wrote:
Slab...STFU.

Happigrrl is right...the ladies room is not sirius radio or any other shit like that. Nevermind that your post had nothing to do with the topic at hand, you don't realize that there is a time and a place for everything, and the Ladies room is one of those places where you can't just run your mouth off.

Stop acting so ignorant and grow up.

caughtinside

Oct 9, 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #7 of 53 (4633 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Keep up the good work paolo! Your off color vagina jokes are really impressing the ladies! They're so funny, you should start repeating them at work! Laugh

slablizard

Oct 9, 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #8 of 53 (4632 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't refer to women as sluts, I was repeating a joke in an answer to the previous poster....how that can offend you ?
And why in the world Ladie's room is different from the rest of the site?

------------------------5 minutes later....
Whew!

Problem solved ladies...I modified that nasty post..you can be sure that slab-monster is not going to repeat those offensive THINGS in front of your very innocent eyes any more.

that filthy man. Ahhh ! Climbers! What a kind.

happiegrrrl wrote:
S/L - It's YOU who doesn't get it. Thew Ladies Room is not the place for those types of remarks. More than once, various women have asked this site management to moderate that forum. You have participated in discussions on the topic - and even agreed to stfu - and then reniged on your word within a few posts.

You took a comment made in a serious post(the word "experienced") and twisted it to suit your agenda.

One thing to do it in the Campground forum, another to do it in the Ladies Room. That is my beef. And wtf does it matter, whether it was directed at a particular person or not? That's so besides the point I can't imagine why you even bring it up.

You heard a whole "roomful of people on the radio laugh"..... What, pray tell, does that matter? Firstly, ever heard of canned laughter(and don't be foolish enough to think media doesn't use filler products....)? Two - just because some misogynistic creeps laugh at a supposed joke in one venue doesn't make it appropriate in another.

Referring to women as sluts, even in repeating a joke, is so offensive that I find it truly hard to believe you can't comprehend that.

It's only been about 6 hours, so I will wait to hear if the management of this site has any comment.

(This post was edited by slablizard on Oct 9, 2007, 11:15 PM)

Partner happiegrrrl

Oct 10, 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #9 of 53 (4616 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Asshole - So I suppose if you were in a relationship with a woman who has a 12-year old son, and were acting in a caretaker role, and the kid's school had some sort of discussion forum where parents, teachers and students all posted on forums about such things as school sporting events, classroom needs and extra-curricular activites - you'd think it would be okay to post pedophile jokes in that venue?

slablizard

Oct 10, 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #10 of 53 (4614 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's funny like you and biner can call names but I get crucifixed for writing the word "slut" (not even referred to anyone in particular)?

this is not a school forum, I removed my post what the hell do you want more? became a moderator if you feel so attached to what you read here.

weren't "personal attacks" a no-no here? Hmmmm looks like you screwed up happie-G!

what a waste of time.

happiegrrrl wrote:
Asshole - So I suppose if you were in a relationship with a woman who has a 12-year old son, and were acting in a caretaker role, and the kid's school had some sort of discussion forum where parents, teachers and students all posted on forums about such things as school sporting events, classroom needs and extra-curricular activites - you'd think it would be okay to post pedophile jokes in that venue?

pinktricam

Oct 11, 2007, 2:04 PM
Post #11 of 53 (4563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

slablizard wrote:
Bah.

I don't get it.

I'll say! ::eyeroll::

wonderwoman

Oct 11, 2007, 4:25 PM
Post #12 of 53 (4551 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have to second happiegirl. I stopped reading that post a long time ago because I felt it was turning the 'ladies room' into the 'mysogyny forum'.

Partner macherry

Oct 12, 2007, 2:51 AM
Post #13 of 53 (4526 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Laides Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i think i'm a bit late coming into this thread. But, i do agree with what the women users have been saying.

Sorry not to have stopped by the ladies room. But slablizard, the ladies room is highly moderated (we slipped on this one) and your posted remarks were unacceptable.

if users do have concerns over posts in any forum please contact a mod.

This site does allow a lot of off colour content, but the ladies room is different.............keep the other stuff in community.

(This post was edited by macherry on Oct 12, 2007, 2:52 AM)

stymingersfink

Oct 14, 2007, 9:57 PM
Post #14 of 53 (4456 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slablizard] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

slablizard wrote:
And why in the world Ladie's room is different from the rest of the site?
Because there has been a tacit agreement that pretty much the rest of the site is NOT the Lady's room. Don't fuckitup for everyone else, cause I don't care to see topics about climbing pregnant, menstruation, boyfriends, etc. in the campground. Trust me, I don't think you do either, though with your post history in the LR, perhaps you do.

Ma, perhaps a full-on LR ban would be in order for the slab? Seems there's been more than a few complaints centering around that handle in that forum.

'Course, OTOH, perhaps happiegrrrl could take over moderation of the LR (?) and catch the problems before they start.

But then again... WTF do I know?

Partner happiegrrrl

Oct 15, 2007, 1:15 AM
Post #15 of 53 (4451 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I had considered offering to mod, but realized that I have too many things on my plate right now to be able to commit. Perhaps when I return from JTree mid November...and the (gym)climbing season has begun(I mean - winter).

On the other hand....I am not sure I would be a good mod. I don't like to take direction, and I am pretty sure that "because Happie says so" is not in the guidelines of reasons someone would get the smackdown.

jakedatc

Oct 16, 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #16 of 53 (4424 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sorry not to have stopped by the ladies room.
< =
In reply to:
the ladies room is highly moderated

There are only 2 female mods on staff.. one doesn't stop in very often and it doesn't look like Climb4fun stepped in that thread either

i think that is the major malfunction of the ladies room. There used to be alot more female Mods and they all either quit or got booted

carabiner96

Oct 17, 2007, 4:48 AM
Post #17 of 53 (4416 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whatsin it for a mod to be a mod, anyway?

overlord

Oct 17, 2007, 8:55 AM
Post #18 of 53 (4408 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
whatsin it for a mod to be a mod, anyway?

autoritahTongue

Partner happiegrrrl

Oct 17, 2007, 1:52 PM
Post #19 of 53 (4402 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
There are only 2 female mods on staff.. one doesn't stop in very often and it doesn't look like Climb4fun stepped in that thread either

i think that is the major malfunction of the ladies room. There used to be alot more female Mods and they all either quit or got booted

While it would be good to have more female mods, I don't think that's the malfunction of the Ladies Room. The issue lays in the compulsion of some guys to go in there and make posts that are akin to the stereotypical construction worker of the 1970's.

And CB - what's in it is the chance to offer service to the community.

Unfortunately for rc.com, the sense of connectivity was lost a while back, and only exacerbated by the monetization of the site when ownership transferred. Now - I have got nothing against monetization(I am doing it on my own blog - so far I've made $4.32!!! If you go visit, and you want to help me out, click an ad or two; that makes for like a 50 cents increase....), but the tradeoff was at the expense of that sense of being in it together. And that is probably one reason people aren't so interested in modding for the site so much.

There are so many ways to give back(cough, cough Access Fund Adopt-A-Crag, trail work at your local crag, Sterling Ropes Goddesses on the Rocks and other similar workshop events....) that desperately need volunteers and are nonprofits that I would think that rc.com might consider offering some other incentive to moderate - if they are in need. Maybe they aren't.

Partner macherry

Oct 17, 2007, 3:17 PM
Post #20 of 53 (4399 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, i don't agree with happiegrrl in regards to her comments about the site changing and a "sense of connectivity" or the" monetization" of rc.com. Things change, evolve, and i think we have a pretty good crew here.

As for mods, the number has downsized, a few mods have left and it has been discussed that more are not needed. We do have a a good group of mods. And i believe the male mods can do a good job in the ladies room.

I agree with happie that some male users just haven't "gotten" that the ladies room isn't the place for immature, off topic posting.

as i said before, if i don't pick something up drop me a pm.

wonderwoman

Oct 17, 2007, 4:01 PM
Post #21 of 53 (4394 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why not just delete the whole useless thread that sparked this conversation?

Partner philbox

Oct 18, 2007, 6:31 AM
Post #22 of 53 (4363 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Why not just delete the whole useless thread that sparked this conversation?
Not a bad idea at that. It could also simply be moved to scumminity but then that raised a whole nuther flock of cats.

climbs4fun

Oct 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #23 of 53 (4267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [philbox] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are correct. I don't always go into ladies room. Just as there is no way I can read every thread posted to the site. However, I do log on every day and there is a PM button next to my name just as there are next to all the mods names. Please feel free to PM me if you feel that there is something I need to address.

bent_gate

Oct 27, 2007, 5:50 PM
Post #24 of 53 (4235 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

(Not necessarily responding to climbs4fun, but rather all mods, your post was the last)

I've suggested this before and have been basically ignored. I would appreciate a response whether it be positive or negative:

1) In the Ladies Room, (or perhaps create a separate section), Why not allow the OPs to moderate their own threads? Give them the ability to delete posts that they don't like and/or even ban users from posting to their thread? Mods don't get blamed for censorship that way, and people who don't like whatever have control over their thread.

2) I have frequently seen Mods tell posters to keep off-topic, or ridiculous posts limited to "Community". Well "Ladies Room" IS in "Community", and it's pretty misleading. I've seen users in "Ladies Room" told to take it to "Community". Again "Ladies Room" is IN "Community". Would you please tell people to take it to "CAMPGROUND". It makes it much more clear and I actually believe may solve part of the problem.

3) Failing the above two, how about just moving "Ladies Room" out of "Community" and give it it's own separate section. Why do you want the Ladies Room right next to the most raucous Campground around. And then wonder why raucous men come wandering in? Why do you want to have the most Highly Moderated right next to the Least Moderated? Community implies everyone. Move it to its own special section. I honestly believe if you had Arno's section right next to campground, you would also get a lot of dumbass responders wandering in and saying, "Just. suck it up and climb dudes!" So separate section

Anyway, I respect the choices the mods have made on this site. Even the ones I don't agree with. So I would appreciate a response on this.

dingus

Oct 29, 2007, 3:59 PM
Post #25 of 53 (4195 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bent_gate] Ladies Room Moderation - Again [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why not make it a club or whatever you folks call the private forums like Arno's? Where you have to enlist to even participate. Filter out the applicants with the wrong chromosomes and viola! Problem solved.

Or don't!

Cheers
DMT

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook