Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Pilot Mtn. climbing routes photo tour
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Rmsyll

Oct 26, 2007, 4:40 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1565 views)
Shortcut

Pilot Mtn. climbing routes photo tour  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central: Pilot_Mountain)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Attached is a file that should open a browser window with a simple webpage that shows a list of section and route names. The ones that are links allow you to see a representative photo from this website, rather than having to wade through all of them. The route names for some were missing or wrong, see Comments at those webpages.
If you have a problem or suggestion, please send a Private Message.

(This post was edited by Rmsyll on Oct 27, 2007, 2:10 PM)
Attachments: PhotoTour1.htm (5.51 KB)

Carnage

Oct 26, 2007, 7:45 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rmsyll] Pilot Mtn. climbing routes photo tour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i like the idea, but not that useful, since i dont get internet out at the crag.

also, any way you could throw in the grade next to the climb in the website?

Rmsyll

Oct 26, 2007, 9:12 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1509 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Carnage] Pilot Mtn. climbing routes photo tour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

'Carnage' said "any way you could throw in the grade"

The grade is often included with the poster's notes; but the ones labeled wrong may also be wrong for grade.

If the photo was labeled completely and correctly, the underlined route name is a link to the route webpage, with its grade already shown.

Since the correct route name is supplied at least in the photo's Comments, any further info there is can be found in the usual way per route per section.

-

chilli

Dec 6, 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rmsyll] Pilot Mtn. climbing routes photo tour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rmsyll-
i've been to pilot a LOT. it makes a nice little day-trip, escpecially if you have a few extra people who want to go. i've hit most of the routes around, but never known the names, and just eyeballed ratings. you seem to be very knowledgable of the routes, so i figured i'd ask you about this one. there is a route that i always take people to, but i didn't see it on your page. i'll try to describe it as best i can...
the location description:
it's down the trail a ways from the three bears and all that jazz, and beyond the tall gray wall (i think). the walk is basically all downhill to the spot. when the trail turns down the hill away from the rock more, there's a tiered (looks man-made) clearing with what looks like grit mixed with the rest of the soil.
now for the route itself:
there's a decent height to the climb, and has a pretty good sized roof, after you come up past a dihedral. just below and to the left of the dihedral is a ledge big enough to have a picnic on, and if you walk around and up to the left of the climb you can get on the ledge. the roof is a little peculiar, because if you don't want to try it straight on (which most i know don't) there's a gap to the right big enough to slide into and lay down. pop out from the roof and you have jugs (and i mean JUGS) and chicken heads the rest of the way to the top. from that perspective you can see down over the whole valley with all the farmland. my friend always calls it "gotta wear shades" (aptly so). but i have no idea what the 'real' name is. do you know?
thanks

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook