Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

jakedatc

Apr 7, 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #76 of 507 (12858 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Re:Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

didnt say naked.. just.. painted green

c4c

Apr 7, 2008, 1:41 PM
Post #77 of 507 (12820 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Re:Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
didnt say naked.. just.. painted green

That should get Piper excited!

Partner pharmboy

Apr 7, 2008, 7:00 PM
Post #78 of 507 (12797 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Re:Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If there is enough of an interest I'd make up shirts again. I took a "bath" last time though, both in the figurative sense as I didn't sell even 1/10th of what I made and literally with all the rain. Maybe one had to do with the other? They were kind of neat shirts and I can say that as I had nothing to do with the design. Just let me know if you want some made up for this year and I'll work on them.

Al, I think that's a great idea to let the RCA know about the gathering.

Also... don't go offering yerself up for a partner, I've got first dibs! lol You're one of the few that I trust belaying my rotund lard butt.

Partner jammer

Apr 8, 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #79 of 507 (12774 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pharmboy] Re:Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Still loosin' weight? Tongue

vterinme

Apr 8, 2008, 5:44 PM
Post #80 of 507 (12727 views)
Shortcut

Re: [indiemamacita] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

indiemamacita wrote:
2. is this a church-y thing?

this http://tinyurl.com/6jv9gf may shed some light on what a few of the organizers are planning. Take whatever you want out of it, short of never attending I can only give the above as evidence.

Partner jammer

Apr 8, 2008, 6:49 PM
Post #81 of 507 (12717 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vterinme] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

vterinme wrote:
indiemamacita wrote:

this http://tinyurl.com/6jv9gf may shed some light on what a few of the organizers are planning. Take whatever you want out of it, short of never attending I can only give the above as evidence.

First off, this event is started by climbers that have been attending this event for a few years. I personally started it about 4 years ago. This is a climbing event and we get together to climb. Your assumptions are incorrect.

The site you have linked to has nothing to do with the organization of this event. Climbing For Christ hosts their own events. Last year, Todd did make it possible to have a supper, which was well welcomed. Those who wanted to attend church on Sunday did so, those who did not just went climbing. There will be no "crag church" as you linked to. You should really know your facts before posting. As for Climbing For Christ, yes, I am a member of this group and proud to be one.

There are many who attend that are not Christians. PM them and ask their opinion. Better yet, why don't you attend so you can speak from first hand experience? You do you live in Vermont, don't you?

(This post was edited by jammer on Apr 8, 2008, 7:03 PM)

c4c

Apr 8, 2008, 7:17 PM
Post #82 of 507 (12697 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jammer] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bad news guys. The dates that we picked are the same as the big motorcycle rally and the church is already doing something for that so there will be no spaghetti dinner this year. Frown

Partner jammer

Apr 8, 2008, 7:33 PM
Post #83 of 507 (12690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

c4c wrote:
Bad news guys. The dates that we picked are the same as the big motorcycle rally and the church is already doing something for that so there will be no spaghetti dinner this year. Frown

Yes, Bike Week! http://www.laconiamcweek.com/

I will bet that the restaurants are going to be pretty busy as well. We'll be hearing the rumble of the bikes as they roll up and down 25. For those who enjoy the party, Laconia isn't really that far down the road. The only problem there is the traffic! It'll be backed up for miles and it will take hours to get through, so if you go, park and walk.

wonderwoman

Apr 8, 2008, 8:16 PM
Post #84 of 507 (12676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

vterinme wrote:
indiemamacita wrote:

You are making a huge assumption to link these two events together. However, I will be praying really hard for no rain this year.

vterinme

Apr 8, 2008, 8:24 PM
Post #85 of 507 (12670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jammer] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Let's break this down a little.

jammer wrote:

First off, this event is started by climbers that have been attending this event for a few years. I personally started it about 4 years ago. This is a climbing event and we get together to climb. Your assumptions are incorrect.

What assumptions? I clearly stated that I found a link that may allow one to have greater insight into the people that will show. Did I actually say it was a churchy thing?

In reply to:
The site you have linked to has nothing to do with the organization of this event

Again I never said that that site was part of the Ruckus. Merely I was highlighting that there is a movement (which you and other planners are a part of) in which religion will be present.

In reply to:
There will be no "crag church" as you linked to

But according to your own posts and other planners of the event this was a very possible idea.

In reply to:
You should really know your facts before posting.

True, that is why in the original post I only referenced the forum, I did not in any way attempt to bring judgement upon you or any others.

vterinme

Apr 8, 2008, 8:31 PM
Post #86 of 507 (12668 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:

You are making a huge assumption to link these two events together. However, I will be praying really hard for no rain this year.

Did you actually read all the posts or just the first couple of lines. The Ruckus is talked about quite extensively. I was and am still not making any assumptions.

Someone asked whether or not this was a churchy thing, I posted a link in which the Ruckus mentioned in a church context. Take whatever you want out of it.

Partner jammer

Apr 8, 2008, 8:39 PM
Post #87 of 507 (12666 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

vterinme,

Why don't you just come and climb, get to know everyone and have some fun?

wonderwoman

Apr 8, 2008, 8:52 PM
Post #88 of 507 (12664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

vterinme wrote:
wonderwoman wrote:

Did you actually read all the posts or just the first couple of lines. The Ruckus is talked about quite extensively. I was and am still not making any assumptions.

Someone asked whether or not this was a churchy thing, I posted a link in which the Ruckus mentioned in a church context. Take whatever you want out of it.

Sometimes it is wiser to be a little skeptical about what you read on the internet. Yes, there are probably at least 2 or 3 Christians in the group. I don't happen to be a Christian myself. But I can tell you as someone who has been coming to the event every year that this is not a 'churchy' thing. But anyway, you should come and have fun with the rest of us.

c4c

Apr 8, 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #89 of 507 (12650 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

come and climb. introduce yourself and I will give you a beer. And no Bible talk (unless you want it).

jakedatc

Apr 8, 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #90 of 507 (12636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

vterinme[b] wrote:
never attending I can only give the above as evidence.

and who the fuck are you? nOOb

I've been going to the Rumney gatherings every year(cept 1) since the second one in 2002(?) Todd has been to one.. 1.. uno Last year he had a very non churchy dinner at a church and went with a few folks to a service sunday morning.. like anyone that would go to church would anyway.

I'm probably one of the more.. keep me the hell out of anything church related things (hence the Dinojesus creation by jules amuses the crap out of me) and even I attended the dinner and was not bothered at all by anything there.

so again.. who the fuck are you?

That said i am glad the church at the crag thing is not being planned.. It is a very busy time of year for Rumney and unless you found someplace out of the way it would be rude and intrusive for people who want nothing to do with it. If you want others to respect your beliefs then you need to respect them and having a service on public land with many people around that you don't know.. is a good way to get people pissed off.

c4c

Apr 8, 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #91 of 507 (12629 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
vterinme[b] wrote:
never attending I can only give the above as evidence.

That said i am glad the church at the crag thing is not being planned.. It is a very busy time of year for Rumney and unless you found someplace out of the way it would be rude and intrusive for people who want nothing to do with it. If you want others to respect your beliefs then you need to respect them and having a service on public land with many people around that you don't know.. is a good way to get people pissed off.

vterinme -If you were to read the discussion in the link that you posted that is exactly what I was saying. There is a decent church 1 mile down the road if you want to worship(all are welcome) no need to piss people off.

c4c

Apr 8, 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #92 of 507 (12626 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Are we going to plan on trad friday again this year?

Anyone hear from Notch? Is he going to come?

jakedatc

Apr 8, 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #93 of 507 (12626 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Todd that was me.. i know there is a very nice church.. ive been there.. tho just for the food and company ;) and i think going there instead of bringing there to the rock is a good choice.

c4c

Apr 9, 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #94 of 507 (12621 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats what I was saying in the thread from the other site too.

I was trying to explain to n00b whatstheirname that I agreed with what you were saying.

It is a good church. It is great climbing. I personally wouldn't drive 4 hours to go to that church. I would however drive 4 hours to climb at that crag!

Lets climb.

bdbc

Apr 9, 2008, 1:29 AM
Post #95 of 507 (12596 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amen to that Cool

question though, is there going to be climbing both weekend days, (maybe friday?) i'm still new to this whole event so i'm not sure if/what the schedule (if there is one) is. might someone be able to inform me?

Partner jammer

Apr 9, 2008, 1:39 AM
Post #96 of 507 (12594 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bdbc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bdbc wrote:
amen to that Cool

question though, is there going to be climbing both weekend days, (maybe friday?) i'm still new to this whole event so i'm not sure if/what the schedule (if there is one) is. might someone be able to inform me?

This is all about climbing! Come early, stay late, climb. What ever you want. We are just planning to get together as a group for the weekend. I may take the following week off and venture out some more, but it may be up north in the Whites instead of sticking around Rumney.

carabiner96

Apr 9, 2008, 1:44 AM
Post #97 of 507 (12592 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Re:Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
all Mods attending must be painted green ala Blue Man Group. Cool

Painted any color, you don't want to see a neked me...

Blush Angelic

Partner epoch

Apr 9, 2008, 2:56 AM
Post #98 of 507 (12581 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

c4c wrote:

I've mentioned it to him and his plans are tentative at the moment. When he has a free moment in life I am sure that he'll poke his head in and chime up. Matter of fact, we climbed tonight. I can pass any info to him. PM me.

Partner epoch

Apr 9, 2008, 3:00 AM
Post #99 of 507 (12580 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
c4c wrote:

I've mentioned it to him and his plans are tentative at the moment. When he has a free moment in life I am sure that he'll poke his head in and chime up. Matter of fact, we climbed tonight. I can pass any info to him. PM me.

I may be in for Trad Friday... Somethin somethin... somethin... Oh!

Whitney Gillman is calling me.

bdbc

Apr 9, 2008, 1:44 PM
Post #100 of 507 (12523 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

c4c wrote:

I would at least me interested in learning more about this. i'm new in the whole trad game, but if you guys needed seconds or belays i'm more than willing to help out if it means i can learn a few things Smile

oh, and epoch, i've been looking at that route for a while too, its a really nice line. Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook