Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Apr 18, 2008, 3:09 PM
Post #51 of 194 (10444 views)
Shortcut

Re: [circello] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I hear girls like you more when you get the ptftw.

nivlac

Apr 18, 2008, 3:11 PM
Post #52 of 194 (10440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
It has nothing to do with WHAT you do...It's how you make them feel. If you think that you will get chicks by taking off you shirt, exposing your back and abs or by telling someone you rock climb, then be prepared for a lot of lonely nights.Crazy

And a lot of shallow bitches. They're not worth it man.

In fact they make you wish you were still single.

Oi. Sounds like a personal problem... :P

Gmburns2000

Apr 18, 2008, 3:13 PM
Post #53 of 194 (10440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
As for the OP being a troll...well....of course.

99.999% of the threads and posts on this site are trolls. If everyone responded by calling out a troll, the site would be much more boring than it actually is. And so....we pretend.

On the other hand....It's Frid DAY and in a few hours I'll be loading up my dog and gear and off to my first day of the season(here in NY; I already did my pre-season kickoff trip).

It's supposed to be 75 degrees and sunny - wooohooooooooo! YAY for climbing season!

And this has to do with picking up chicks how?

BTW - Some friends of mine are heading to the Gunks this weekend, and I'm stuck in Boston judging a comp. Stupid F*&cking volunteerism.

knieveltech

Apr 18, 2008, 3:15 PM
Post #54 of 194 (10435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
richardvg03 wrote:
Here's an idea... invite her to go climbing with you... it works like a champ... they fall in love with climbing first (don't get jelouse) and then they have to hang out with you because youre the only one they know who climbs... and things go from there ;) Works every time... also take up slacklining... that works like a champ!

Um, yeah....work every time. :roll:

In my experiance most girls will go climbing with you only because they want to spend time with you. Once they have you on the hook they stop being so "interested" in climbing and still want to spend as much time with you. Its a good way to kill your own climbing life.

Find a chick who's in to competitive triathalons, or mountain biking, or...or something that keeps them as busy as your climbing keeps you.

^^^Best dating beta ever.

Some folks dig dating climbers, and that's cool if it's your thing. Personally I think it's hard enough to find a good climbing partner. Trying to find a date that's also a good climbing partner? Good luck, and congratulations to those that have pulled this off. Personally I'm with Angry. I only date non-climbers who actually have hobbies.

(This post was edited by knieveltech on Apr 18, 2008, 3:19 PM)

rodion

Apr 18, 2008, 3:24 PM
Post #55 of 194 (10425 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sev] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sev!
That how-to manual was fantastic! You obviously know how to woo the ladies, and if I didn't have a boyfriend right now (with a rack worthy of anything from the Creek to A3), well, you can bet I'd be lookin' you up.

Seriously, though, great post-- like magazine-worthy.

zenelky

Apr 18, 2008, 3:38 PM
Post #56 of 194 (10409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rodion] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You all have it wrong! It's so obvious to us women. There are only 2 things that we all look for...

1) Do you climb harder than me (God knows a man can't be seen with a woman who can flash their project and it's a bit embarrassing for us women to have to be the rope gun)

2) MONEY MONEY MONEY! Do you have enough money to buy me gear when I'm PMSing, put gas in our SUV's because women don't camp, and enough left over to take us out to fancy restuarants and buy us jewlery as little gifts for sending our latest projects?

YOU FAIL AT LIFE!

Crap, I hope my partner doesn't read this...

bizarrodrinker

Apr 18, 2008, 3:47 PM
Post #57 of 194 (10393 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nivlac] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nivlac wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
It has nothing to do with WHAT you do...It's how you make them feel. If you think that you will get chicks by taking off you shirt, exposing your back and abs or by telling someone you rock climb, then be prepared for a lot of lonely nights.Crazy

not really. tho it was in the past on occasion.

No, I am single and couldn't be happier about it.

wmfork

Apr 18, 2008, 3:48 PM
Post #58 of 194 (10391 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
I have been making a concerted effort to only chase non-climbing women the last several months. While nothing has "stuck" just yet, I will say that I've enjoyed the dates, the company, and the conversation of these average non-climbers so much more. Now that I'm ignoring the climbing women, my dates are so much better!!!

I'd echo these sentiments. By in large, I've found many climbers to have rather boring personalities. I've had far more interesting conversation (dates or otherwise) with non-climbers (or at least not very serious climbers). However, how interesting a girl's personality is seems to be inversely proportional to how much she cares to be in a relationship. Modern girls, I guess. Crazy

geeze

Apr 18, 2008, 3:49 PM
Post #59 of 194 (10390 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well im a surfer and a climber my wife is proud to tell people i surf but thinks im a anorack for climbing she just dont see it?

shockabuku

Apr 18, 2008, 3:53 PM
Post #60 of 194 (10386 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geeze] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

geeze wrote:
well im a surfer and a climber my wife is proud to tell people i surf but thinks im a anorack for climbing she just dont see it?

Do you mean this:

In slang an anorak is a person, typically a man, who has unfathomable interest in arcane, detailed information regarded as boring by the rest of the population, and who feels compelled to talk at length about this information to anyone within earshot.

In Britain, people who wear anoraks in their social life are often stereotyped as trainspotters or persons with unimaginative and dull pastimes/hobbies.

The closest American slang is perhaps nerd which is applied to bookish students. Anorak is not generally applied to students; and the anorak is more of a trivia-freak than an overly studious worker. A geek is a person typically expert at, and intensely focussed on, technical equipment, particularly computers; again this is not exactly an anorak — the anorak offers overly detailed discussion and arcane trivia on "hobbyist" topics.

without the c?

geeze

Apr 18, 2008, 3:56 PM
Post #61 of 194 (10385 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bet you have one,dont you??

Partner happiegrrrl

Apr 18, 2008, 4:05 PM
Post #62 of 194 (10376 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wmfork] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wmfork wrote:
...By in large, I've found many climbers to have rather boring personalities....

Ain't that the truth....

The good news is that, of the people I know who have the most interesting personalities, most all of them are climbers. But it ain't the climbing that makes them interesting.

Partner happiegrrrl

Apr 18, 2008, 4:10 PM
Post #63 of 194 (10370 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

99.999% of the threads and posts on this site are trolls. If everyone responded by calling out a troll, the site would be much more boring than it actually is. And so....we pretend....

It has to do with someone positing the OP was trolling, which is a tangential topic within the thread. Keep up, dude! Girls like smart guys, y'know.

p.s. Volunteerism is good. Not always a great place to pick up dates....but sometimes one gives out apples and then oranges appear(meaning one gets connections and life skills through volunteerism that help them become a more interesting person. Which helps them pick up girls, or guys, depending on which they prefer).

irregularpanda

Apr 18, 2008, 4:17 PM
Post #64 of 194 (10360 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
wmfork wrote:
...By in large, I've found many climbers to have rather boring personalities....

Ain't that the truth....

The good news is that, of the people I know who have the most interesting personalities, most all of them are climbers. But it ain't the climbing that makes them interesting.

Damn Straight.

I think that's the inherent problem with the OP, he's looking for girls. Whereas if he was looking for women, they would know exactly what they want, which is not bulging muscles, a vibrator with wheels, or money.

A real woman wants a dude with personality, confidence, humor, AND a vibrator on wheels.

irregularpanda

Apr 18, 2008, 4:20 PM
Post #65 of 194 (10356 views)
Shortcut

Re: [on_belay_hombre] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

on_belay_hombre wrote:

I guess the same can be said about other similar activities but so far climbing has proved the most convenient...Tongue

Ah convenience, the mother of invention.

wmfork

Apr 18, 2008, 4:41 PM
Post #66 of 194 (10338 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
p.s. Volunteerism is good.
Had a buddy of mine being told that at a bar. This woman actually had the waitress come by and ask him if he was either in a relationship or gay before inviting him to her table.

Now he is actually a very colorful person, especially in his younger days. But I think what she does not realize is that, it almost takes being a bore to build up a career and have some semblance of financial stability.

irregularpanda wrote:
A real woman wants a dude with personality, confidence, humor, AND a vibrator on wheels.
Lucky for the rest of us dudes, those aren't dime a dozen.

richardvg03

Apr 18, 2008, 4:43 PM
Post #67 of 194 (10336 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

irregularpanda wrote:
I think that's the inherent problem with the OP, he's looking for girls. Whereas if he was looking for women, they would know exactly what they want,

Either you're being sarcastic or you're surrounded by a rare breed of women!

irregularpanda

Apr 18, 2008, 4:52 PM
Post #68 of 194 (10329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [richardvg03] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

richardvg03 wrote:
irregularpanda wrote:
I think that's the inherent problem with the OP, he's looking for girls. Whereas if he was looking for women, they would know exactly what they want,

Either you're being sarcastic or you're surrounded by a rare breed of women!

Not rare, just real. But I'm definitely not surrounded by them, oh no! I'm surrounded by little girls in their little girl worlds, and I have to wade in this sea of immature behaviors to find the gems.....

But back to the OP: do girls know what they want: NO. Do you think that just being a climber will get you what you want: NO. Sack up and talk to them, don't wait for them to come to you.

jonzoclimber

Apr 18, 2008, 4:53 PM
Post #69 of 194 (10327 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

no no you silly doof. girls dont care about anything but forearms. i can provide citations if you need.

CrimpinAintEasy

Apr 18, 2008, 4:55 PM
Post #70 of 194 (10322 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zenelky] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is only ONE reason why girls/women do not like climbers (and this holds true for ANY guy) and that is:

THEY ARE TOO FULL OF THEMSELVES!!!

here's a tip boys: at least pretend to be interested in HER, not just YOU getting laid.

But of course Zenelky is pretty much spot on:

zenelky wrote:
You all have it wrong! It's so obvious to us women. There are only 2 things that we all look for...

1) Do you climb harder than me (God knows a man can't be seen with a woman who can flash their project and it's a bit embarrassing for us women to have to be the rope gun)

2) MONEY MONEY MONEY! Do you have enough money to buy me gear when I'm PMSing, put gas in our SUV's because women don't camp, and enough left over to take us out to fancy restuarants and buy us jewlery as little gifts for sending our latest projects?

YOU FAIL AT LIFE!

preach on sister!

shockabuku

Apr 18, 2008, 5:00 PM
Post #71 of 194 (10307 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geeze] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

geeze wrote:
bet you have one,dont you??

???One what?

I have 3 girls, one wife, one motorcycle (not a crotch rocket), no bulging forearms, a job, and a couple of c's.

(This post was edited by shockabuku on Apr 18, 2008, 5:02 PM)

geeze

Apr 18, 2008, 5:10 PM
Post #72 of 194 (10290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ANORACK DUDE!!

Gmburns2000

Apr 18, 2008, 5:12 PM
Post #73 of 194 (10286 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

99.999% of the threads and posts on this site are trolls. If everyone responded by calling out a troll, the site would be much more boring than it actually is. And so....we pretend....

It has to do with someone positing the OP was trolling, which is a tangential topic within the thread. Keep up, dude! Girls like smart guys, y'know.

Bummer, I totally don't have anything smart to say back...

In reply to:
p.s. Volunteerism is good. Not always a great place to pick up dates....but sometimes one gives out apples and then oranges appear(meaning one gets connections and life skills through volunteerism that help them become a more interesting person. Which helps them pick up girls, or guys, depending on which they prefer).

[drumming fingers] ... nope, still drawing a blank. Sigh.

hyongx

Apr 18, 2008, 5:31 PM
Post #74 of 194 (10261 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
nivlac wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:

not really. tho it was in the past on occasion.

No, I am single and couldn't be happier about it.

Single is a state of mind.

bizarrodrinker

Apr 18, 2008, 5:37 PM
Post #75 of 194 (10253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CrimpinAintEasy] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CrimpinAintEasy wrote:
There is only ONE reason why girls/women do not like climbers (and this holds true for ANY guy) and that is:

THEY ARE TOO FULL OF THEMSELVES!!!

here's a tip boys: at least pretend to be interested in HER, not just YOU getting laid.

But of course Zenelky is pretty much spot on:

zenelky wrote:

YOU FAIL AT LIFE!

preach on sister!

Hey now. That can (and usually is) be true of any PERSON, not just a man. People are full of themselves by nature...especially we Americans.

The only thing better than getting laid by pretending to be interested in a girl is to... OMG!!! actually BE interested in said strumpet.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook