Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

Apr 28, 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #176 of 194 (5403 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dumbsocrates] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dumbsocrates wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Despite the lack of beanie, I think the choice is clear Socrates.

How about we meet Sevs mom at Bats house and have us a good Ol' time.

A beanie is certainly easier to acquire than tact. And being a girl, who can appreciate a tactful man with or without a beanie, I certainly consider you a more desirable rock climber. There’s just one thing I don’t understand: what kind of “a good Ol’ time” would I be having with you, Bats, and sev’s mom? That sounds a bit too kinky for my taste. I think you might be getting overly (although possibly not unnecessarily) ambitious there. Wink

I figure Sev's the kind of jackass only a mother could love so, if her "affections" were directed else where he might cry. Thats really what I was shooting for...man tears.

Oh and whats with the beanie fetish? I thought you figured out you dont like bouldering. Of course they do have those compactly muscled bodies which are, more often than not, sweaty and shirtless.

Much like this beastly devil

Perhaps we could swap him for Sev's mom?

dumbsocrates

Apr 29, 2008, 1:20 AM
Post #177 of 194 (5373 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sev] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sev wrote:
I'm still confused as I'm quite familiar with both the Chomksyan philosophy, and the newer works of people such as Dr. Pinker. Perhaps you ought to elaborate on this part.

I would love to elaborate, but it would be quite out of place. If you want to talk theory why don't you invite me for coffee sometime, since I don't think many community members know or care about Mr. Pinker's theory of language acquisition or Mr. Chomsky's generative grammar. And I'm quite sure that neither Saussure nor Derrida will tickle their fancy. As much as they make for fantastic readings for dorks such as you and me, the average rock climber posting/ reading posts on RC.com will have very little interest in them. Now that we've cleared the table and stopped dropping big names to make ourselves seem smarter than we actually are, why don't we get back to the post and work on your problem.

sev wrote:
I'm not sure what you have against me, but you posit that my posts combined are nothing more than a clever ploy to get Bats into bed. This is ridiculous.

DENIAL!

sev wrote:
You are much easier to talk to than notapplicable, even if you don't understand certain things as much as you think you do.

I do not posit to know anything. The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know anything.... But I do believe that you must have been bitchslapped lately, since you insist on emphasizing your irrelevant knowledge to compensate for your wounded manhood.

sev wrote:
I'd just like to ask you, as a favor, to please make use of the novel concept of paragraphs next time you decide to share your ideas on the information super highway.

And kindly, lay off my paragraph structure and go pat a burning dog. I have nothing against you, but do be kinder to the people who share your passion.

dumbsocrates

Apr 29, 2008, 1:25 AM
Post #178 of 194 (5370 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Beanies? I just have a certain respect for people, who have no problem making fools of themselves. And I apologize for my misunderstanding your comment. Re the "beastly devil" swap... not a bad idea.

sev

Apr 29, 2008, 1:31 AM
Post #179 of 194 (5377 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sigh. Maybe I've overestimated you, dumbsocrates.

edit: this is completely unrelated, but do you read language log?

(This post was edited by sev on Apr 29, 2008, 1:36 AM)

redzit

Apr 29, 2008, 1:18 PM
Post #180 of 194 (5347 views)
Shortcut

Re: [EvilMonkey] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

EvilMonkey wrote:
chicks dig climber guys who ride motorcycles. the combination invokes a stronger attraction reaction than being a climber or rider alone. personally, i ride a nighttrain. chicks love harleys.

I'm going to have to semi back this up. I ride more vintage bikes from the late 70's and early 80's, mostly japanese, and between that, rock climbing, mountain biking, and a decent education I got my self a lady who dances, is getting a degree in Civil Engineering, and cooks like a fiend!

As to your harley (definately a solid ride).. only cool if you bother to WAVE!

Ride safe! ATGATT!

There is one problem with a motorcycle, that is the whole driving your date anywhere... ya.. you need a Ural..
http://www.imz-ural.com/retro/

sredni_vashtar

Apr 29, 2008, 1:34 PM
Post #181 of 194 (5338 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you and dumbsocrates may just be falling in love here on RC.com, beautiful

redzit

Apr 29, 2008, 1:56 PM
Post #182 of 194 (5334 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to interrupt, but to summarize for everyone who doesn't take interest in communication studies and haven't read the likes of Mcluhan, Pinker, or LeBon, (I can name drop too), Sev is what is commonly known as a ARTSY.. and a hard core one at that.
There, now we can all get on with this wonderfully ridiculous thread..

ERTW

Gmburns2000

Apr 29, 2008, 2:31 PM
Post #183 of 194 (5317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dumbsocrates wrote:
sev wrote:
I'm still confused as I'm quite familiar with both the Chomksyan philosophy, and the newer works of people such as Dr. Pinker. Perhaps you ought to elaborate on this part.

I would love to elaborate, but it would be quite out of place. If you want to talk theory why don't you invite me for coffee sometime, since I don't think many community members know or care about Mr. Pinker's theory of language acquisition or Mr. Chomsky's generative grammar. And I'm quite sure that neither Saussure nor Derrida will tickle their fancy. As much as they make for fantastic readings for dorks such as you and me, the average rock climber posting/ reading posts on RC.com will have very little interest in them. Now that we've cleared the table and stopped dropping big names to make ourselves seem smarter than we actually are, why don't we get back to the post and work on your problem.

sev wrote:
I'm not sure what you have against me, but you posit that my posts combined are nothing more than a clever ploy to get Bats into bed. This is ridiculous.

DENIAL!

sev wrote:
You are much easier to talk to than notapplicable, even if you don't understand certain things as much as you think you do.

I do not posit to know anything. The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know anything.... But I do believe that you must have been bitchslapped lately, since you insist on emphasizing your irrelevant knowledge to compensate for your wounded manhood.

sev wrote:
I'd just like to ask you, as a favor, to please make use of the novel concept of paragraphs next time you decide to share your ideas on the information super highway.

And kindly, lay off my paragraph structure and go pat a burning dog. I have nothing against you, but do be kinder to the people who share your passion.

This went from a perfectly good, sleavy, entertaining, and enjoyable thread to a zzzz...Frown

DaveB.

Apr 29, 2008, 7:13 PM
Post #184 of 194 (5288 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Try not to laugh at me too hard but the following
senerio has happened to me at least three times...

I was walking up the trail to the first flatiron
when I crossed paths with the most incredible
blond swiss goddess you could imagine. We
talked a bit and she was interested in climbing.

She says "I suuuure would like someone to teach
me how"...I responded in the almost exact way Jim Carry did in the movie dumb and dumber with the swedish sunbathing team that needed some "oil boys" and said

"Duhh...I dunno but I'm sure der is lotsa climbers
in town (pointing at boulder) dat could teach you how"

(This post was edited by DaveB. on Apr 29, 2008, 7:15 PM)

shockabuku

Apr 29, 2008, 7:15 PM
Post #185 of 194 (5286 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DaveB.] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DaveB. wrote:
Try not to laugh at me too hard but the following
has happened to me at least three times...

I was walking up the trail to the first flatiron
when I crossed paths with the most incredible
blond swiss goddess you could imagine. We
talked a bit and she was interested in climbing.

She says "I suuuure would like someone to teach
me how"...I responded in the almost exact way Jim Carry did in the movie dumb and dumber with the swedish sunbathing team that needed some "oil boys" and said

"Duhh...I dunno but I'm sure der is lotsa climbers
in town (pointing at boulder) dat could teach you how"

Three times you let this happen and you're actually smart enough to walk and spell?Tongue

DaveB.

Apr 29, 2008, 7:29 PM
Post #186 of 194 (5278 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"shockabuku wrote:
Three times you let this happen and you're actually smart enough to walk and spell?Tongue

Uhhh...I'm not that bright...Im blond too Pirate

We got up the trail a little way and my friend
started laughing his ass of at me for my blunder.
he still gives me shit to this day for that.

The last few times have been while I'm married.

sev

Apr 29, 2008, 9:34 PM
Post #187 of 194 (5250 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redzit] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

redzit wrote:
Not to interrupt, but to summarize for everyone who doesn't take interest in communication studies and haven't read the likes of Mcluhan, Pinker, or LeBon, (I can name drop too), Sev is what is commonly known as a ARTSY.. and a hard core one at that.
There, now we can all get on with this wonderfully ridiculous thread..

ERTW

What is "a ARTSY"? Is that an acronym? No offense, but you're no better than Bats at communicating on the information super highway. Looks like name dropping doesn't help in that department.

SheClimbs86

Apr 29, 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #188 of 194 (5227 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Ains] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ains wrote:
girls don't care about rock climbing and if they do it's because they climb because a boyfriend got them into it-plain and simple
In reply to:
That's partly true in my case. I was introduced into climbing because of my ex. I wasn't a climber at the time we were dating. He was obsessed with climbing and liked climbing more than spending time with me so I broke it off. He was also going to move to another state for better climbing and I wasn't going with him. I was curious as to what the big deal was and tried it out for myself after we broke up. I genuinely love to climb now and even though things didn't work out, I'm glad we met else I would have never known about climbing.Smile After climbing these past four months at the gym, I've come to the conclusion that climbers are attractive. Yes, the muscular bodies do helpSmile I hope to find a climber that I can date, but one that's not so obsessed where he forgets that he has a girl.

shockabuku

Apr 29, 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #189 of 194 (5222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SheClimbs86] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SheClimbs86 wrote:
Ains wrote:
girls don't care about rock climbing and if they do it's because they climb because a boyfriend got them into it-plain and simple
In reply to:
That's partly true in my case. I was introduced into climbing because of my ex. I wasn't a climber at the time we were dating. He was obsessed with climbing and liked climbing more than spending time with me so I broke it off. He was also going to move to another state for better climbing and I wasn't going with him. I was curious as to what the big deal was and tried it out for myself after we broke up. I genuinely love to climb now and even though things didn't work out, I'm glad we met else I would have never known about climbing.Smile After climbing these past four months at the gym, I've come to the conclusion that climbers are attractive. Yes, the muscular bodies do helpSmile I hope to find a climber that I can date, but one that's not so obsessed where he forgets that he has a girl.

Try to find one that likes to do the same climbs over and over again.

(This post was edited by shockabuku on Apr 29, 2008, 10:17 PM)

petsfed

Apr 30, 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #190 of 194 (5195 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SheClimbs86] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SheClimbs86 wrote:
I hope to find a climber that I can date, but one that's not so obsessed where he forgets that he has a girl.

Hey now, its not that I ever forget. Its just that that giant, ugly, cold, unforgiving bit of stone is more important to me.

Ains

Apr 30, 2008, 3:48 AM
Post #191 of 194 (5163 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cool. my original message was to a climber asking why girls weren't impressed when he told them he was a climber. During my days of trying to impress I felt my abilities as a once hard climber would impress ANY woman much to my dismay. Wit and charm OR money depending on where you live will do much better with gaining the interests of a woman.

ChinaCat03

Apr 30, 2008, 5:27 AM
Post #192 of 194 (5130 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kiwiprincess] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I must agree....but then again, I like all the climbing talk....except when it comes to a lot of terms i don't understand...but that makes it more interesting.

caliclimbergrl

Apr 30, 2008, 6:47 AM
Post #193 of 194 (5115 views)
Shortcut

Re: [timd] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I compleatly agree with everything you said. I really only date climbers and I can't see myself with a guy who doesn't climb. I don't drool over 5.12 climbers at all, it's just that I climb pretty much every day I'm not at work. And since I'm a teacher, I have a lot of days off. Everything someone said about how climbers only climb and never have time for their significant others -- well, that applies to climber girls as well!! If I dated a guy who didn't climb, we would never see each other and the relationship would fizzle quickly. I don't date climbers because they're badass. I date climbers because there is nothing better than spending the day doing your favorite thing to do with your favorite person.

If someone told me they rode a crotch rocket, I'd move on and look for a guy with nice calloused hands and dirty finger nails -- cause that's the guy who's going to want to spend the summer going on a climbing road trip with me living out of camp grounds taking showers as we find them (or not!)

If you got into climbing as a means to meet girls -- you're in the wrong sport. But if you truely love climbing, find a girl who feels the same way, and you'll be golden. Of course you outnumber us, so you'll probably have to be a decent person as well as a climber to snag a climber chick! ;)

bizarrodrinker

Apr 30, 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #194 of 194 (5077 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caliclimbergrl] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caliclimbergrl wrote:

spend the summer going on a climbing road trip with me living out of camp grounds taking showers as we find them (or not!)

Why is that one of the most appealing things I have ever heard said anywhere? oh yea. nevermind.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook