Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
clarks canyon climbing trip 9-22/27-08 any advice
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

SLTrockerCA

Sep 11, 2008, 7:38 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1577 views)
Shortcut

clarks canyon climbing trip 9-22/27-08 any advice  (North_America: United_States: California: Bishop_and_Eastern_Sierra: Clark_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Trying to motivate my climbing friends intahoe to go down for a camp out any camping advice routes weather info will help

dsqrd

Sep 11, 2008, 9:23 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1557 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SLTrockerCA] clarks canyon climbing trip 9-22/27-08 any advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Was just up near there yesterday - beautiful weather - 70's, light winds, typical summer afternoon clouds.

There's a decent campground (Big Springs) that you pass directly by when you leave the asphalt on your way in if you're the type to need toilets - and I've heard good things about camping in either of the meadows you go through to get to Clarks.

Be sure to check on access to Area 13 ahead of time (Mammoth Mountaineering should know), there were voluntary closures awhile back due to peregrine nestings.

Rockshaman

Mar 5, 2009, 8:42 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SLTrockerCA] clarks canyon climbing trip 9-22/27-08 any advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there the three days before you. did you make it? if so, how went the trip?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook