Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

enigma

Nov 9, 2002, 4:03 AM
Post #26 of 31 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Single guy "climbing partners"? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You I am sure have no interest in helping a newbie female, with any ulterior motive, unfortunately not all male climbers are the same.
But for the sake of argument,many male climbers do have ulterior motives and she should be conscious of this. I wrote in the "ladies room" so she may heed a warning and just be aware. Sometimes in the effort to want to climb so much,she may be giving out the wrong feminine signals.
I assume you are NOT A FEMALE,and are not a transgender individual,so please save you insights as a male.
I don't know what my happiness or lack of it has to do with anything. Try if you can to focus on the topic, not on unrelated topics or at best the periphery.

[ This Message was edited by: enigma on 2002-11-08 20:06 ]

canclimber

Nov 9, 2002, 6:40 AM
Post #27 of 31 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

YES WHATEEVER YOU SAY. Being in America whomever speaks loudest or is the most obnoxious seems to win out, so all the power to you.

enigma

Nov 9, 2002, 7:53 AM
Post #28 of 31 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Or the one who has the most valid argument! I don't need to speak loud,or be obnoxious to win a obvious point of contention.

mother_sheep

Nov 19, 2002, 7:45 PM
Post #29 of 31 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya know, I'm torn about this one. Most of my climbing partners are single guys. There have been a choice few that have hit on me. It can be frustrating when you're just looking for a partner and you're not on the prowl but in a way its flattering, even if I don't have any interest in the guy. It seems like their intentions don't make themselves known until we've been on several climbs. The instances where my partners have hit on me have been with guys that I've already developed friendships with and a good climbing relationship with. I explained that I wasn't interested but wanted to be friends and continue climbing and it has worked out fine. It is hard to know what someone's intentions are at first though. The best thing to do is to climb with him/her and if it doesn't feel right, don't go with them again.

swohletz

Nov 22, 2002, 2:23 PM
Post #30 of 31 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think this is like anything...you've got to be careful. Just like I don't want to climb with just anyone and assume they're a safe climber or give just anyone my phone number, it's good to take precautions...Talk by email, climb a few times with a group before you climb alone with them, always meet them there so you can ditch if they go shady on you, ask if anyone else has climbed with them before, etc. Be wary but don't expect them to be scum...your expectations form how you view them. Part of it is setting good boundaries and being confident. If they know you're not vulnerable they'll respect you more.....

jughead

Dec 22, 2002, 1:40 AM
Post #31 of 31 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

crazylikeafawkes is very right to an extent just remember we are guys you have to spell things out for us suttle hints dont work, insult us and talk about other guys who you think are hot then we get the message

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook