Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Secret Wall in Box Springs
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

BlairN

Feb 5, 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1484 views)
Shortcut

Secret Wall in Box Springs  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Boxsprings)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Climbed in box springs many times, and went WAY back to find a wall that is over 150 feet tall.
http://www.summitpost.org/image/485441//project.html

Thats a shot of it. Anyone know anything?
The right slab has a single old bolt in the middle, following a black water streak. Looks fun, but I need info on who's secret place this is, and whats the deal.
I climbed the left facing corner system and found no signs of anyone climbing that, but did see a bolt on the main face.

Please help me find if this is someones old and forgotten project. I want to know if I put up a FA. Or any info about who has been WAY back there.

It is way past the Aids wall back in the canyon.

roughster

Feb 9, 2009, 5:26 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BlairN] Secret Wall in Box Springs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I mentioned over at MP that I have solo'd up and down the slab a few times with friends covering most of the lines. We assumed at the time that most of it had been done previously as not only the single bolt in the black streak attests, but also the various other odds and ends pins and bolts here and there found throughout the entire park.

Good to hear people are getting out there. For anyone motivated, there is plenty of potential for a lot more routes out there. The Main Wall was developed for convenience not because it was the best stuff. Hike around some of the other canyons and you will find stuff a lot bigger than the Main Wall.

BlairN

Feb 13, 2009, 1:43 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1412 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roughster] Secret Wall in Box Springs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Rough

I was up there today and saw some people climbing on the main wall, was the first time I seen anyone out there!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook