Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Looking for anyone who can produce decals!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

KLYMERGURL

Apr 14, 2009, 7:27 PM
Post #1 of 9 (813 views)
Shortcut

Looking for anyone who can produce decals!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a ton of climbing decals in my head and thought I might try to find a way to produce them. I want to distribute them to friends, family, and the occational random climber who would want to buy one. I was hoping someone might be, or know of someone who is, a decal maker. I'm talking high quality vinyl decals, not stickers. I'd be happy to trade or pay a discounted rate to produce these. Or maybe I could design a new decal for this person. I don;t know but I'm sure we could figure something out!

As far as trade goes, I teach rock climbing in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. So if you're new to climbing or are looking to up your skills or just want private guiding in Queen Creek or other areas around here, I can provide that. I am experienced, AMGA certified, and work regularly for a reputable school here in the valley.

So let me know if you exist and we'll work out the details. Thanks!

--Megan

Rudmin

Apr 14, 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #2 of 9 (774 views)
Shortcut

Re: [KLYMERGURL] Looking for anyone who can produce decals! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This harebrained scheme might work if you were a decal maker coming to a rock climbing forum, looking for rock climbers to make decals for.

Or if you went to a decal making forum (as a rock climber) and bartered secret rock climbing techniques, that could work too.

But you are a rock climber, asking other rock climbers to offer you non rock climbing services in exchange for more rock climbing.

uni_jim

Apr 14, 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #3 of 9 (769 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rudmin] Looking for anyone who can produce decals! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rudmin wrote:
But you are a rock climber, asking other rock climbers to offer you non rock climbing services in exchange for more rock climbing.

well put.

KLYMERGURL

Apr 15, 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #4 of 9 (737 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rudmin] Looking for anyone who can produce decals! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, you are correct, I am a rock climber asking other rock climbers for a service. How perceptive of you. Silly me, thinking other rock climbers may be sensible, kind, giving folk who know how to respond to a post without being rude or simply decide to not respond at all.

In my experience in the climbing world over the last ten years, I had come to the assumption that climbers were generally good people who wouldn't take any opportunity to put other people down to simply boost their own self esteem. My recent experience with rockclimbing.com and people like you have negated this. Thanks a lot for that.

And next time you want to post to a forum just to put down someone's idea, do all of us decent people a favor and go fall off a rock instead.

Rudmin

Apr 15, 2009, 1:00 AM
Post #5 of 9 (728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And next time you want to post to a forum just to put down someone's idea, do all of us decent people a favor and go fall off a rock instead.

In reply to:
Never take life too seriously...nobody gets out alive anyway!

(This post was edited by Rudmin on Apr 15, 2009, 1:01 AM)

Bolter

Apr 15, 2009, 1:03 AM
Post #6 of 9 (721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kinkos

Bolter

Apr 15, 2009, 1:08 AM
Post #7 of 9 (713 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Bolter] Looking for anyone who can produce decals! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You tell'em Megan.

MMM Megan..... sounds cute

http://www.lostandfoundadventures.com/ is not working.

coolcat83

Apr 15, 2009, 1:10 AM
Post #8 of 9 (711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I got some all weather label stock off eBay for cheapto make some decals, works pretty well have had no problems with durability so far. They feel and handle similarly to decals ice gotten from gear manufacturers. There are places online that will print them to your specifications too, just google it. Hope that helped

Partner happiegrrrl

Apr 15, 2009, 1:38 AM
Post #9 of 9 (695 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Vinyl - Don't know, but there's always Google! A quick search listed several options which you can explore.

One issue to think abut is minimum quantities per style. It's pretty unlikely that you are going to come across an existing (decal) company that wants to produce AND sell your designs. Plenty will produce, but then it's up to you to do the rest.

Although, I suppose you might try submitting a portfolio to gear companies. If you are a graphic artist, they might be interested in working with you. Of course, your ideas will get adapted to their logo, or you will be asked to realize designs based on their ideas.

For Print on Demand Stickers - I use cafepress.com. It's not vinyl, it's stickers(and t-shirts and other stuff). But you can make them for yourself and offer for sale with a mark up to others. And they'll make in whatever quantity you want. It's a bit of a learning curve getting set up, but once you understand what to do, it's extremely easy.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook