RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

rk2000

May 2, 2009, 8:41 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1913 views)
Shortcut

chamonix june >sdept
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all…
Trying to concoct a harebrained scheme for the summer of love 2009. I read somewhere that this summer is to be the modern equivalent of the 1967 summer of love, but anyway while the hippies are all dropping LSD and delving into other realms of consciousness I plan to be delving up classic north faces in Chamonix.

I plan to be out there from mid June until September so if anyone has similar plans please drop me an email and we can try scheme together.

My tick list is never ending when it comes to the alps so anything fly’s. What I don’t like is long snow hikes, its just not my thing. I love technical faces an long free climbs, ice and rock. Mixed climbing is my real cup of tea. I am pretty easygoing person, I have lots of experience in the mountains and I spent a few seasons in Chamonix before. IF the valley blues kick in (the weather in chamoinx suck) I am also down for hitting anywhere else in Europe. But as it stand I am on a serious budget so hitchhiking might be the only way…
At the moment I live in the bay area and plan to spend as much of my free time as I can in Yosemite or the high sierra.
Cheers
Rob

emmapalethorpe

May 7, 2009, 6:01 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1881 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by emmapalethorpe [In reply to]
Report this Post

rk2000

May 7, 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1874 views)
Shortcut

Re: [emmapalethorpe] chamonix june >sdept [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi emma
Sounds like we might have a plan coming together. You are a step ahead of me though with your ticket booked and all, fare play..
I am still dragging ass with my dates. Originally it was leave the 28th may spend a week in ireland then head over to france until my money runs out. Then i was going to take a week or 2 in California an bum around the eastern sierra get a bit of my fitness back, so i put Chamonix forward until middle of june. Now i think i might go back to the original plan if i have a definite partner. I have spent to many nice weather days in the alps searching for someone to climb with, i got to work on my solo technique though.:}

Yeah we should definitely meet up, we could do some easy stuff around the bay or if you have time go to the valley or something.
I am off to the valley for this weekend and hopefully the same for the next.
My phone number 415 215 2752
evenings are best...
cheers
Rob

chilik

Jun 1, 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1796 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rk2000] chamonix june >sdept [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi
well, I will be in Cham for July and part of August. Calanque/Verdon/Buoux would be too warm with possible wind problems in the summer. I have not been there but read that in "Climbing in Europe."

I will want to do those classic granite routes; southface of Aig Midi, Grand Capuccin,

I have done fair bit of alpine, rock/ice and aid. But i am bit out of practice and getting back to onsight 5.10.

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook