RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

isayne14tennis

Apr 29, 2009, 9:18 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Squamish Rock Climbing Partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Howdy,

I've been off the rock for five years, but I am keen to step back into the fray. As always, finding a non-flake climbing partner is an issue. My focus will be on sport in the 12+/13- range, and trad up to 12-. University Wall is my goal for the season. Any takers? I'm located an hour-and-a-half away from Squamish in White Rock, and plan to climb upwards of three days per week. I don't climb the Apron, the Smoke Bluffs, or do any naffy bouldering like a wank.

maybabe82

May 4, 2009, 3:48 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [isayne14tennis] Squamish Rock Climbing Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

just want to say you must be quite a baller - off 5 years and hopping back onto 12's/13's. That's awesome man! I was checking out your post to see if we could maybe climb together, but most likely - I will be walking by, see you on the wall, and watch in awe. Have fun getting back!

Cheers!

bumpkin

May 5, 2009, 3:18 AM
Post #3 of 10 (1478 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maybabe82] Squamish Rock Climbing Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to mention driving from White Rock to Squamish in an hour and a half.

isayne14tennis

May 5, 2009, 5:18 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, mate! I made it out to Suamish last week, and surprised myself by making it up Flingus Cling on my second go. Not bad for an old man of 42. If you do nothing but gape in awe, I'll descend from my lofty/Olympian 5.12 perch and kick your arse up that cliff!

A couple of keeners have responded to my post already, so I'll be out climbing next week. Join us!

isayne14tennis

May 5, 2009, 5:21 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1456 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bumpkin] Squamish Rock Climbing Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

One-and-a-half hours if you leave at 0500! Long before the 99 becomes clogged and sticky with every retarded driver in the Lower Mainland.

bumpkin

May 5, 2009, 8:18 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just winding you up a little. It takes me 15 minutes, and I can see the crag from my street. Then again, Squamish traffic is a real battle ... seven lights from Brackendale to the Mamquam FSR, ugh.

maybabe82

May 6, 2009, 5:40 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1421 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bumpkin] Squamish Rock Climbing Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bumpkin - any chance you have an extra bed you'd be willing to rent out to a couple climbing girls the first week of june - or know someone with an extra room?

I am coming out with a friend, and it'd be rad to be able to snag a room instead of paying big $ for the hostel.

Thanks tons! cheers!
allison

bumpkin

May 12, 2009, 6:12 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1330 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sadly, no. And I'm out of Squamish the first week of June. Good luck, tho.

5thddrtongue

Jun 3, 2009, 3:12 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1186 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

isayne14tennis wrote:
Howdy,

I've been off the rock for five years, but I am keen to step back into the fray. As always, finding a non-flake climbing partner is an issue. My focus will be on sport in the 12+/13- range, and trad up to 12-. University Wall is my goal for the season. Any takers? I'm located an hour-and-a-half away from Squamish in White Rock, and plan to climb upwards of three days per week. I don't climb the Apron, the Smoke Bluffs, or do any naffy bouldering like a wank.

University Wall has been in my sights for a no. of years. I am available Tues. and Wed. You are leading at a harder level but am quite happy to second. drop me a line.
Peter

gregory_huey

Aug 11, 2009, 9:47 PM
Post #10 of 10 (1031 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello,
I'll be in Squamish & available to climb Aug 15-21. I'm looking for a partner primarily for multipitch trad in the 5.10 range - but single-pitch & sport is ok also. This is my first visit to Squamish - being from SoCal my usual stomping grounds are JT, Tahquitz, Big Bear, etc. I'll probably need a day of climbing acclimation (what will Squamish seem like to someone used to Tahquitz & JT?) I have my eye on a couple of routes: Jungle Warfare, Angel's Crest, Rock On, Birds of Prey, Right Wing, etc - but I'm open to other routes as well. I lead good-pro 5.10s at JT & Tahquitz - not sure to what grade this will translate to at Squamish. I'll also be happy to follow harder stuff (Grand Wall looks sweet!). I'm a safe climber & have lots of multipitch experience. I'll have two full racks (mine, and a borrowed one) and 3 ropes (70m, 60m, 50m).

Let me know if your interested in doing some routes while I'm there. I can be reached at greghueyccc _x_at-*_ cosmology.name.

Thanks,
Greg Huey

(This post was edited by gregory_huey on Mar 11, 2015, 3:06 AM)

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook