Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Vehicle Breakin at The Quarry
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

gregory_huey

Jun 26, 2009, 3:40 AM
Post #1 of 3 (764 views)
Shortcut

Vehicle Breakin at The Quarry  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Riverside_Rock_Quarry)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Heya,
Just a heads-up - my buddy's truck got broken into at the Quarry today (Thursday, June 25 9:15-45am). We were parked along the main road where most people park (Sierra?). They smashed a door window and made off with a Tomtom GPS and an iPod. You might want to consider parking away from Sierra, along one of the side streets in front of the houses, taking all valuables with you and leaving the windows rolled down.

Its too bad we can't drive up to the crag - that would make it harder to break into vehicles. Any chance that restriction might get lifted ?

Thanks,
Greg

blv_2_achv

Aug 19, 2009, 6:23 PM
Post #2 of 3 (623 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gregory_huey] Vehicle Breakin at The Quarry [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the post.
I had a similar incident happen to my car, within 12 hours of owning it, about 3 years ago. I was parked in the same place (on sierra) and was belaying my friend up our first route when a couple of punks broke into my car, making off with my buddy's entire trad rack among other things. It was my buddy's first time going and didn't know what to bring.. I digress.. Since then I've always parked inside the residential area and have not had any problems (knock on wood). I feel for your friend. Vandalism sucks..
Crag-side access parking would be awesome too!

Cheers
Austin

trapdoor

Aug 19, 2009, 6:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (610 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blv_2_achv] Vehicle Breakin at The Quarry [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry to hear about that man. I had the same type of thing happen to me last summer in San Diego, they got off with my laptop and bag of my best clothes, and since then I always empty my car out before I go climbing.

When I spoke with the police about my break in they told me that the laptops, GPS, ipods, and bags of stuff are the top things that thieves go for. Now I leave nothing in sight not even an empty coke can.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook