Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
It's shutting down
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

kunzie

Apr 26, 2002, 12:45 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2451 views)
Shortcut

It's shutting down  (Australasia: Australia: Victoria: Melbourne: The_Mill)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

One of the more adorable gyms of Melbourne is shutting down.
One of the share holders has pulled out.
I'm just writing to express my dislike of the situation, and asking for a pledge for fellow Melbournian climbers to do what they can to help. Being in-experienced in these matters, I can't think of what that can be at the moment, but I'm thinking about it. I'd like your thoughts on the matter though. If there is anything that can be done to save the centre it would be extremely valuable, as it is a gem of a gym. If a bunch of us can group together, then, a bunch of climbers thinking together to rectify the situation is better then thinking invdividually. Because the importance of this can't be wasted on the words of a inexperienced 15 year old climber, I'd think that someone could do something.

crux_clipper

May 14, 2002, 6:54 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2451 views)
Shortcut

It's shutting down [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Heres the low down on the situation.

The Mill will be open for another year or so, and is currnetly being managed by a member from Hardrock. When the mill shuts down, Hardrock is buying all the holds.

Thats all I know so far.....

waggas

Dec 3, 2002, 11:15 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2451 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Mills building has been bought by a developer, but they're waiting on punding/planning approval/what-ever before they turn the place into more yuppie-class apartments. The 'The Mill' business has been purchased by Sue, who owns/runs the Nunawading Hard-Rock center. Basically, they're going to keep it running there until the developer rolls in with the sledge-hammers.

Heard rumors they'll try to relocate the business to another building in the area, but nothing solid on that front.

thats_me

Dec 12, 2002, 12:43 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2451 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well if they decide to open the business again in another building I hope it's within close proximity to the city.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook