RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

darkside

Nov 8, 2001, 11:25 AM
Post #1 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

A funny thing happened....
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A funny thing happened last weekend.
I've read all sorts of posts on close calls, accidents, rants, and heated debates; I figured it was time to hear some of the more humourous tales people have.
Last weekend I had an afternoon to kill and headed out to a local crag. I had asked a couple of people if they wanted to climb but ended up heading out alone. I went to a less visited crag that faced south to get the late afternoon sun and set up to rope solo. As I started up the first climb I heard a ripping sound when I made a high step. As I made a series of moves the ripped seam in the seat of my pants got progressivly longer. Eternally grateful for having chosen to solo I continued and did a few more climbs before leaving. Although there were a few hikers came by the top of the climbs, there were only two climbers walked underneath me. I hope I wasn't high stepping at the time. Needless to say, on the way home with a 10" hole following me, I used the DRIVE THROUGH. Not my most embarrassing moment but thats another story.
The morale here: don't wear old pants for climbing(even when soloing), think of your belayer.

kman

Nov 8, 2001, 12:32 PM
Post #2 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

A funny thing happened.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That's one crack I wouldn't want to climb. Glad I wasn't belaying you.

stigonrock

Nov 8, 2001, 2:46 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Darkside...

Lycra or baggies Mate!..or pants with well fitted seats to them...for activities such as climbing, martial arts and so on....then you won't have that problem...

My problem is that I wear baggy or flared hipsters alot..and I've got a pair where the elastics gone a bit...which is a bit of a problem as I end up bouldering with my trousers 1/2 way down my ass all the time...I just don't want to get rid of them as there my fave climbing pants..

Well you know what us girls are like!
Angela

talons05

Nov 8, 2001, 2:59 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are some things you just don't want to see...

ratstar

Nov 8, 2001, 5:56 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

... and this is one of 'em.

darkside I dont want to see your backside either.

darkside

Nov 8, 2001, 6:56 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damm near pissed my pants at the last few posts, and now my old grey pants are fixed with bright blue duct tape, "Red Green" showed me how. (canadian joke)

Anyway guys....gimme a break here, I'd just finished doing an Access clean up and had an old pair of pants on. Like I'm going to haul garbage in my Prana's. I'm telling you, if I wanted to make a fashion statement it sure as hell wouldn't be in lycra. I don't care what you say "stig", guys should NOT wear lycra. Let's drop it down a notch here...the world should be glad I wear underwear or there would have been two moons in the sky by now

OK back up a notch(I said a notch, not a crotch). Moving away from my potential major embarrassment(what if it had been at Lake Louise with all the tourists walking by...oh no the humanity!) how about the rest of you. There's got to be more funny stories and tall tales.

stigonrock

Nov 8, 2001, 7:35 PM
Post #7 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah 'darkside'

I agree ...guys should defintely not wear lycra..but from a womans point of view .. it is an easy comfortable material to wear though..and we probably look better in it than you guys do.. - no insult intended though....I can talk though..lycra pants don't suit me either...

Tell you what though..I've climbed with a couple of guys who have worn pretty skimpy shorts with nothing on underneath..man thats terrible..cause what do you do?..tell them they are hanging out all over the place...or pretend to not notice..its a difficult one cause Brits as a rule are pretty conservative..(excluding myself and a few others) and would more than likely take offense if you said anything to them..

Tricky move eh! Maybe I should try something like "Hey darling' how about I take you out shopping some time.."..or "Yo mate..I think you've grown out of those shorts..." which might be taken in a more complimentary manner and not offend... ...
I dunno....??? The art of diplomacy is a tricky one sometimes...for sure! :)

Cheers
Angela

darkside

Nov 10, 2001, 8:06 AM
Post #8 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow Stig you sure do like them smileys eh? How about attaching a couple to one of your funny stories?

ratstar

Nov 10, 2001, 7:15 PM
Post #9 of 9 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gross. tell dont ever come to utah I dont want those guys anywhere near me.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook