Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Typical bolt spacing at Riverside?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

USnavy

Aug 21, 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Typical bolt spacing at Riverside?  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Riverside_Rock_Quarry)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have been told some of the lines here are rather run out, as much as 25' in-between bolts with some serious fall potentials. So what is the deal with the bolt spacing here, is it sport or more like "bolted protected face climbing".

dugl33

Aug 21, 2010, 3:33 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1364 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Typical bolt spacing at Riverside? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
I have been told some of the lines here are rather run out, as much as 25' in-between bolts with some serious fall potentials. So what is the deal with the bolt spacing here, is it sport or more like "bolted protected face climbing".

Much of this area has been developed by Louie Anderson, so I doubt many of the routes are run-out -- probably the exception rather than the rule.

http://mountainproject.com/...ide_quarry/105902982

subantz

Aug 21, 2010, 3:44 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dugl33] Typical bolt spacing at Riverside? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dugl33 wrote:
USnavy wrote:

Much of this area has been developed by Louie Anderson, so I doubt many of the routes are run-out -- probably the exception rather than the rule.

http://mountainproject.com/...ide_quarry/105902982

Oh yeah Loius a pioneer in gym climbing, Then the bolts are every 3 ft apart on center

RNclimber

Sep 2, 2010, 6:13 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Typical bolt spacing at Riverside? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've climbed at the quarry plenty of times and been climbing there all summer long. Climbs are well protected 6-8 feet apart with some rare parts going up to 10 feet apart. I just did Raging Raptors which is approx 100 feet and has 15 bolts to Ring Anchors. You can calculate to see how far apart bolts are on this one
In reply to:

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook