Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

bonesz

Dec 7, 2002, 5:51 PM
Post #1 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Massachusetts Climbers Keep It Up !!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

OK this is an attempt to do something a little odd, for the past few months I've been reading posts on this site for gym partners, have replied to many, never get any response. For the upcoming climbing season in MA (spring of 2003) I'm going to make a hardcore stabb at getting a bunch of climbers together to go CLIMBING. I'm not trying to put together a club or a faction or anything "official" merely trying to get peeps in the state together at random places and random times so that everyone EVEN ME to have a partner at the very least. The climbing community is by far the most advanced group of individuals in the outdoors, enviromentally (sp) concious, and the nicest folks around. I would like to spend time with you all, your all so multi-talented and knowledgable, and capable people. Generating some of the best posts on the site. Honest and hard working and fun to be around. So here it is...ANYONE..inteerested in having a SERIOUS commitment to climbing and fellow climbers contact moi to help put this thing together. I'm genuinely tired of knowing that there is someone out there dying to climb but, not having a patner, or a way to get there, or worse not knowing anyone to go climbing with. As my profile reads I have "extra equipment, extra ropes, and extra ordinary desire to climb anytime, anywhere, with anyone. I'm currently putting together a "partners rack, complete with harness m-L, and goodies that you'll need.

ANYONE, interested (serious inqueries only) contact,

Don Brebner;

dcb7400@yahoo.com

PRIVATE MESSAGE ME

or call: 978-828-9992 m-f 5pm-7pm

If I don't answer, LEAVE A MESSAGE I'll totally call you back.
So far there has been great response to this thread ! Meeting great people, even a bit of climbing too. There is a Rose Ledge roll call going on now in MASS Climbers part II. April 12th, so far the meeting place is about 8:30 am at the Dunkin Donuts in acton MA.
THis isn't just for Massachussetts peeps, but for anyone interested in going. I know there are a few out in western MA reading this without transpo..DO NOT PANIC...we can get you there !

So to all you great people who have gotten, are getting , and are thinking of getting into this season ... KEEP IT UP !

Keep this tread alive !! :lol:

bonesz

Dec 7, 2002, 5:56 PM
Post #2 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Massachusetts Climbers Keep It Up !!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All climbers are of course welcome, I apologize for not putting that in the orig. post, sorry.

bumblesbounce

Dec 8, 2002, 11:03 PM
Post #3 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey! I am deeply offended! You don't seem like the nice Massachusetts climber to me! I am always willing (when I can climb) to climb with someone! You're not going to get Massachusettains here to be to appectative of you if you say that we never reply... there are many of us here (including me) that are 'active' accourding to my terms that'll do anything to climb. Please be a little more considerate when thinking about your fellow Massachusettains.

jhwnewengland

Dec 8, 2002, 11:14 PM
Post #4 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...anyway...

Great idea Don. I'm unfortunately still in school this spring, but I hope you manage to get a ton of folks together, and if I'm back home and looking to climb I'll definitely give you a call.

Jan

orangekyak

Dec 8, 2002, 11:51 PM
Post #5 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When and where?

mshore

Dec 8, 2002, 11:51 PM
Post #6 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will climb with you - im from NH but I am still freeclimbing and aid climbing. THE SEASON IS ONLY OVER IF YOU LET IT BE OVER! PM me or send email to mikeshorenh@hotmail.com

I am available most weekend and afternoons and I still get out 3-5 times a week. Will lead 5.10+ A3. Let's go!

Partner cracklover

Dec 9, 2002, 3:22 PM
Post #7 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You bet.

I have rack, rope, car. Lead to 5.8 trad, 5.10+ sport. Follow 5.10+/5.11-. I'm safety conscious and I like to have a good time!

GO

kmae

Dec 9, 2002, 3:33 PM
Post #8 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bonesz -
To find Massachusetts climber near Boston, head to Quincy Quarries on any Wednesday evening after work, in Quincy Mass, south of Boston off 93. You will find a regular crew of long-time climbers. And beer after climbing at the local pub (Darcy's).

Also check out the AMC's (Appalachian Mtn Club) web site http://www.amcboston.org/comm/mountaineering/who.html and check out one of the trips or get-togethers. Best of luck.

I moved to NorCal or I'd give you a ring.

bonesz

Dec 21, 2002, 3:05 PM
Post #9 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As usual many people look, only a few reply, that seems typical. Every one who has steady partners are'nt interested. Boo Hoo.
Well, as someone PM'd me , If I bring coffee they will come. Green Truck , Orange ladders, and a chaulk bag slung from the racks, that's me, If you see that would you stop, and climb ? I'm not going to beg.

climbinggirl33

Dec 21, 2002, 3:20 PM
Post #10 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

These days it's pretty easy to meet climbers as, unless you are into ice, we're all inside. Just get to a gym and you're bound to meet some climbers. The Boston Rock Gym also has a partner's board. I know indoors, is well, indoors . . . but better to meet climbers now so you can get outside when the season hits!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinggirl33 on 2002-12-27 14:26 ]

ejlim

Dec 21, 2002, 3:26 PM
Post #11 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Don - you know I'll climb with you when we actually get a chance to meet up...I can't wait til I can get outside again, but in the meantime, come join me and my 'crew' indoors!

bonesz

Dec 21, 2002, 4:23 PM
Post #12 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I get all misty when you reply to my silly posts......yeah, I've got to stop procrastonating and get to the (a) gym, not so much to climb but , to meet all the cool folk in the community. I've been trapped down the Cape working on a "stay over Job" it's fareezin down there, windy miserable, no computer to keep up on the posts. Well, it's going to last another 2 weeks at least. My new years res., is to stop %($$*&)(&^) around and get my sorry a** to a gym !

In the meanwhile

madclimberboy

Dec 21, 2002, 6:43 PM
Post #13 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in!
I've been waitin awhile for something like this. I have a rope, plenty of webbing, slings and such for toproping, not to mention im getting a trad rack with pleny of cams and such. i think this is a perfect idea to get us MA folk climbing. My guess is we could try places from Quincy Quarry to Crow Hill and Rose Ledge, and even try to get up to Pawtuckway and Rumney in NH. However not College Rock in Hopkington! I have an extreme distaste for that desolate location. Anyways, if there's any way i can help, PM me, otherwise i'm definitely in.

Matt

bonesz

Dec 27, 2002, 9:22 PM
Post #14 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ALRIGHT !!!!!!277 views, 12 er, 10 replys minus my own. We'll all meet someday oh yes. That was some "storm eh" I'm free on sat and sunday..hint hint. You all rock, was santa good to you this season ?? Did everyone get pair of sox..?
SPRING IS COMING !!

tcollins

Dec 27, 2002, 9:38 PM
Post #15 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I could definitly get together some this spring. I had actually been thinking about trying to get a bunch of people toether for some climbing at QQ and having a BBQ after. There is so much nice grass there that it would be perfect. Even my wife, who doesn't climb, would enjoy that. I've started meeting a few people this last year, but would love to meet more. Have a nice new years and stay warm down there on the cape. I'm off to VT.

TD

bonesz

Dec 27, 2002, 10:38 PM
Post #16 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll bring the weber grill and rib eye steaks..that sounds awesome. Oh yeah and a huge cooler

bumblesbounce

Dec 28, 2002, 2:32 AM
Post #17 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Cape is always warm - WE NEVER GET SNOW!

bonesz

Dec 31, 2002, 8:29 PM
Post #18 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!! We're that much closer to spring YaaaaaaaaaaY. Let the resolutions begin

bumblesbounce

Jan 2, 2003, 7:09 PM
Post #19 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Back to the topic... Massachusettains -
What is your favorite gym in Massachusetts?

bonesz

Jan 9, 2003, 5:50 PM
Post #20 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How does mid March sound for a quickie, as in get a chanse to intro ourselves. I'd be willing to meet just about anywhere, and even buy the first round . Maybe we could figure out transportation scenarios and get feedback on how,where,when...etc.

I'm really looking forward to this spring, and meeting all the members in our area.

DON

ejlim

Jan 9, 2003, 6:10 PM
Post #21 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Don! Where's that rope you promised me??

March sounds good to me. I'm planning on trying to head down to the Nelson Rocks gathering (I think/hope there may be a few of us) in mid-March but I'm sure we can work around that easily.

Beth

tcollins

Jan 9, 2003, 6:49 PM
Post #22 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm up for a cold one(especially if the 1st round is free). Hoping to head down to the gathering as well, so keep us posted.
TD

stellalpina

Jan 10, 2003, 5:46 PM
Post #23 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey,
im a little (ok, totaly) out of the loop. whats the deal with the nelson rocks gathering?
also, just tell me when and where in mid-march and ill be there!
elena
ps, ok, i admitt it! i LOVE the snow!

tcollins

Jan 10, 2003, 6:06 PM
Post #24 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Look in the gatherings forum. There's too much there to go over. It should be near the top of the list.

bostonclimbah

Jan 10, 2003, 6:39 PM
Post #25 of 75 (9863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm definitely looking for some folks to climb with this year. I've been climbing for 5-6 years doing mostly top rope at Red Rock in Gloucester or Quincy. However, I've done my share of 2nd's on some longer routes on WH, Cathedral and Cannon and I'd be happy to do some more with an experienced leader. I've got tons of top rope gear and a decent foundation for a trad rack.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook