Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing In early December
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

chucky

Oct 25, 2010, 4:35 AM
Post #1 of 3 (671 views)
Shortcut

Climbing In early December  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Riverside_Rock_Quarry)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A few of us are coming to LA for a meeting in early DEC....places we are looking at are:

New Jack CIty
Malibu Creek
RiverSide Quarry

any suggestions on guidebooks or which crag would be better weather and warmth wise in DEC?

jsunmatthews

Nov 1, 2010, 3:30 AM
Post #2 of 3 (629 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chucky] Climbing In early December [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All will be fine, it is southern california after all. I would suggest if you are in a time pinch and can comfortably climb 11s and 12s that you should hit the quarry, you'll get more climbs in. If you are on the lighter grade you'll find more options in malibu. If you like an assortment of hard and sharp sport climbs, all fairly short, in a pretty shitty desert surrounding that's the furthest away from LA of the three, I'd say New Jack. All the guidebooks are a google away.

easton

Nov 1, 2010, 4:03 AM
Post #3 of 3 (616 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chucky] Climbing In early December [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I haven't been to the other two, but New Jack should be pretty good that time of year. The wind may make it pretty cool, but I have had awesome days there in Dec, Jan, and Feb. Lots of grades to choose from between 5.6 and 5.13. Pretty much all bolted and bolted pretty well. No walk-offs or TR's to speak of. Free camping right at the bottom of the climbs, but you have to share the valley with off-roaders a lot of weekends. I like it, but I'm close. The Sport Climbing in So Cal is the best guide for the area.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook