First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Toast_in_the_Machine

Mar 18, 2011, 1:09 PM
Post #26 of 70 (2944 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jules] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Facebook was the nuke that flattened the community.

sungam

Mar 18, 2011, 1:18 PM
Post #27 of 70 (2941 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
jules wrote:
I think the "coffee shops" were the beginning of the end. I fucking hated the coffee shops.
Ha!

*madface*

and then the BET came through and took out the coffee shoppe......back to the good old days

I think that Angry's prank of responding to four pages worth of old coffee shop threads in one morning also really helped drive the EC5.7M crew away.
Okay, I usually wouldn't care but credit is due where credit is fucking due. Especially when that credit is Sty's.

It was Stinky's idea. He PM'ed me the details a few days before he passed away, a simple PM starting
Stymingerfink wrote:
So... every day there's a new coffee thread, yes?
9500 responses worth of blort in that crap just on Mondays alone

He was laughing his ass off just at the thought of how much all the coffee shoppers shitzing their pants in rage if they couldn't find their beloved thread.
The original plan was to post then delete, leaving a "fresh" coffee shop thread on the FP without a trace.

I told John about it, and he found out that posting then deleting dropped the post from the page, so we were going to have to leave our posts in.
Not as good, but whatever. We decided he should do the majority of the actual posting since I was fresh from the BANZpit, and the admin staff all have a stiffy for him cuz (and I quote) "something to do with the occasional serious answer, how long I've been around, that I'm real life friends with much of this site, and that I climb way the fuck harder than most people here".

Anyways, yeah. The shit went down and pantz were filled with it, all according to plan. Halfway through Macherry tried tagging the date on the end so I went through and found all the coffee shops I had started (luckily I had started quite a few) and edited the title to exactly match MaCherry's to draw out the suffering just a little longer.

SWHA.

Partner camhead

Mar 18, 2011, 1:29 PM
Post #28 of 70 (2933 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
camhead wrote:
macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
jules wrote:
I think the "coffee shops" were the beginning of the end. I fucking hated the coffee shops.
Ha!

*madface*

and then the BET came through and took out the coffee shoppe......back to the good old days

I think that Angry's prank of responding to four pages worth of old coffee shop threads in one morning also really helped drive the EC5.7M crew away.
Okay, I usually wouldn't care but credit is due where credit is fucking due. Especially when that credit is Sty's.

It was Stinky's idea. He PM'ed me the details a few days before he passed away, a simple PM starting
Stymingerfink wrote:

He was laughing his ass off just at the thought of how much all the coffee shoppers shitzing their pants in rage if they couldn't find their beloved thread.
The original plan was to post then delete, leaving a "fresh" coffee shop thread on the FP without a trace.

I told John about it, and he found out that posting then deleting dropped the post from the page, so we were going to have to leave our posts in.
Not as good, but whatever. We decided he should do the majority of the actual posting since I was fresh from the BANZpit, and the admin staff all have a stiffy for him cuz (and I quote) "something to do with the occasional serious answer, how long I've been around, that I'm real life friends with much of this site, and that I climb way the fuck harder than most people here".

Anyways, yeah. The shit went down and pantz were filled with it, all according to plan. Halfway through Macherry tried tagging the date on the end so I went through and found all the coffee shops I had started (luckily I had started quite a few) and edited the title to exactly match MaCherry's to draw out the suffering just a little longer.

SWHA.

Word. Thanks for the proper citation, sungam. I poured out a bit of coffee for stinkyfingersman when I read it.

sungam

Mar 18, 2011, 2:51 PM
Post #29 of 70 (2923 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No problem, I kinda figured that people would like that story.

Partner epoch

Mar 18, 2011, 3:15 PM
Post #30 of 70 (2914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
camhead wrote:
macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
jules wrote:
Ha!

*madface*

Stymingerfink wrote:

SWHA.
SWHA

chadnsc

Mar 18, 2011, 4:17 PM
Post #31 of 70 (2899 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:
Back in the day people were responding to threads so fast you couldn't get a post in edgewise. Hundreds of posts per hour at all hours of the day. WTF happened? Where did everybody go? Is the whole site like this now? Has the Golden Age just past? I want answers, dammit.

Too many people flooded the forum with Woe is me threads about how much they hate their lives and that they have nothing worth living for. Save their well paying American jobs, house with indoor plumbing and iPads. It got to a point where everyone was posting such noise and nobody was left to console them, tell them what a great person they are, and give them a gold star. Eventually, without the kind words of strangers through the internet, everyone killed themselves. Now we're left with the dregs of the forums, and most of us don't care to deal with it. So unless you post something we can ridicule or come up with a witty one-liner off, we're not going to respond.

I'm not reading that.

If I go back and take out all the words with more than 2 syllables will you read it?
You need to grease each word with salt and lard.

Actually I like chunky peanut butter. Smile

Partner camhead

Mar 18, 2011, 4:21 PM
Post #32 of 70 (2897 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:
Back in the day people were responding to threads so fast you couldn't get a post in edgewise. Hundreds of posts per hour at all hours of the day. WTF happened? Where did everybody go? Is the whole site like this now? Has the Golden Age just past? I want answers, dammit.

Too many people flooded the forum with Woe is me threads about how much they hate their lives and that they have nothing worth living for. Save their well paying American jobs, house with indoor plumbing and iPads. It got to a point where everyone was posting such noise and nobody was left to console them, tell them what a great person they are, and give them a gold star. Eventually, without the kind words of strangers through the internet, everyone killed themselves. Now we're left with the dregs of the forums, and most of us don't care to deal with it. So unless you post something we can ridicule or come up with a witty one-liner off, we're not going to respond.

I'm not reading that.

If I go back and take out all the words with more than 2 syllables will you read it?

Mixed right in with your insulin shot, no doubt.

chadnsc

Mar 18, 2011, 4:26 PM
Post #33 of 70 (2894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

I'm not reading that.

Mixed right in with your insulin shot, no doubt.

No the peanut butter would get stuck in the needle. Besides I use an insulin pump. Wink

jeepnphreak

Mar 18, 2011, 4:55 PM
Post #34 of 70 (2876 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Pictures not of 'the nipple'.

Say no to joggers nipple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kachoong

Mar 18, 2011, 5:40 PM
Post #35 of 70 (2858 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

Too many people flooded the forum with Woe is me threads about how much they hate their lives and that they have nothing worth living for. Save their well paying .... jobs, house with indoor plumbing and iPads. It got to a point where .... was posting such noise and .... was left to console them, tell them what a great person they are, and give them a gold star. ...., without the kind words of strangers through the ...., .... killed themselves. Now we're left with the dregs of the forums, and most of us don't care to deal with it. So unless you post something we can .... or come up with a witty one-liner off, we're not going to respond.

I'm not reading that.

Yup. But only if you add pictures too.

There you go.

spikeddem

Mar 18, 2011, 5:45 PM
Post #36 of 70 (2854 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

Too many people flooded the forum with Woe is me threads about how much they hate their lives and that they have nothing worth living for. Save their well paying .... jobs, house with indoor plumbing and iPads. It got to a point where .... was posting such noise and .... was left to console them, tell them what a great person they are, and give them a gold star. ...., without the kind words of strangers through the ...., .... killed themselves. Now we're left with the dregs of the forums, and most of us don't care to deal with it. So unless you post something we can .... or come up with a witty one-liner off, we're not going to respond.

[image]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/2209923974_9758cafa42_o.gif[/image]

I'm not reading that.

There you go.
And who says koala is the least useful mod of all time?

(This post was edited by spikeddem on Mar 18, 2011, 5:45 PM)

Arrogant_Bastard

Mar 18, 2011, 5:47 PM
Post #37 of 70 (2852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
kachoong wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

I'm not reading that.

There you go.

Certainly nobody who was around when Reno was a mod.

edge

Mar 18, 2011, 6:27 PM
Post #38 of 70 (2843 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
kachoong wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

I'm not reading that.

There you go.

This hate filled sentiment has been reported.

*madface*

Arrogant_Bastard

Mar 18, 2011, 7:24 PM
Post #39 of 70 (2824 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
kachoong wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

I'm not reading that.

There you go.

*madface*

Toast_in_the_Machine

Mar 18, 2011, 7:37 PM
Post #40 of 70 (2820 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
kachoong wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

I'm not reading that.

There you go.

*madface*

Gawd are you touchy. He was saying he was more active than a slime mold. Around here that is a compliment mr. anobium.

Partner macherry

Mar 18, 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #41 of 70 (2791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
camhead wrote:
macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
jules wrote:
Ha!

*madface*

Stymingerfink wrote:

SWHA.

i totally gapped on that one magnus. thanks for the refresher.

oh sty you son of a bitch, we miss you

chadnsc

Mar 18, 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #42 of 70 (2789 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jules wrote:

I'm not reading that.

There you go.

Oooo, thanks!

Arrogant_Bastard

Mar 18, 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #43 of 70 (2785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
sungam wrote:
camhead wrote:
macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
jules wrote:
Ha!

*madface*

Stymingerfink wrote:

SWHA.

You were too busy blaming us for something we didn't do to remember your histories properly.

Partner macherry

Mar 19, 2011, 1:06 AM
Post #44 of 70 (2775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
macherry wrote:
sungam wrote:
camhead wrote:
macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
jules wrote:
Ha!

*madface*

Stymingerfink wrote:

SWHA.

You were too busy blaming us for something we didn't do to remember your histories properly.

*shameface*

Partner jules

Mar 19, 2011, 6:58 AM
Post #45 of 70 (2740 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by jules [In reply to]
Report this Post

Partner jules

Mar 19, 2011, 7:14 AM
Post #46 of 70 (2724 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Facebook was the nuke that flattened the community.
Facebook was the nuke that flattened the internet.

Edit: I only edited this one once twice, to say that I didn't need to edit it, and also that I make myself laugh.

Edit #4 to insert "Edit #3":
TL;DR: I'm a... well, I already told you.

(This post was edited by jules on Mar 19, 2011, 7:20 AM)

wjca

Mar 19, 2011, 7:15 PM
Post #47 of 70 (2687 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jules wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
jules wrote:

heh.

Don't know why you left but between this and your post in the roulette thread, I'm kinda glad your back.

I was 13 when I started climbing/joined here.
I was 14 when my friends got murdered.
I was 15 when I called the administrators "bitches" in a fit of rage and quit/got fired from my mod/editor duties.
I was 16 when I went to college 2500 miles from "home".
I was 17 when I dropped out (for the first time)
I was 18 when I had shoulder surgery and thought I'd never climb again.
I was 19 when I went back to school.
I was 20 when I was diagnosed as bipolar and ended a 3-yr relationship.
I was 21 when I got fired from the job I loved and moved to the devil city, the burning hole from which no birds shall rise.
I was 22 when I ... well, now.
Eris knows where I'll be at 23.

Life happens. Shit changes. Shit happens. Everyone changes. Priorities change. Hope overcomes. Worlds collapse. I've learned you've gotta roll with it, and let your internets roll too.

TL;DR: I'm a stoned insomniac. Also, I'ved edited this post three four five six times.

Which one of you ended it?

Partner jules

Mar 19, 2011, 9:43 PM
Post #48 of 70 (2672 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] What happened to Community? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I prompted it, but there were mutual feelings that it probably needed to happen. Heartbreaking to both parties no less.

(This post was edited by jules on Mar 19, 2011, 9:44 PM)

Partner rrrADAM

Mar 19, 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #49 of 70 (2654 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jules wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
jules wrote:

heh.

Don't know why you left but between this and your post in the roulette thread, I'm kinda glad your back.

I was 13 when I started climbing/joined here.
I was 14 when my friends got murdered.
I was 15 when I called the administrators "bitches" in a fit of rage and quit/got fired from my mod/editor duties.
I was 16 when I went to college 2500 miles from "home".
I was 17 when I dropped out (for the first time)
I was 18 when I had shoulder surgery and thought I'd never climb again.
I was 19 when I went back to school.
I was 20 when I was diagnosed as bipolar and ended a 3-yr relationship.
I was 21 when I got fired from the job I loved and moved to the devil city, the burning hole from which no birds shall rise.
I was 22 when I ... well, now.
Eris knows where I'll be at 23.

Life happens. Shit changes. Shit happens. Everyone changes. Priorities change. Hope overcomes. Worlds collapse. I've learned you've gotta roll with it, and let your internets roll too.

TL;DR: I'm a stoned insomniac. Also, I'ved edited this post three four five six times.

Hey Jules!

Yes, shit happens, and life is all about change, or least a full one is... Imagine how dull a life that didn't chnage would be.

I spend most of my time in the soapbox, arguing the same stuff, over and over... Guess I need to "change" some more regarding that, but there is some good discourse from time to time.

Oh, and weren't you an Admin too, at some time? Tongue

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Mar 19, 2011, 11:43 PM)

wjca

Mar 21, 2011, 8:35 PM
Post #50 of 70 (2597 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jules wrote:
I prompted it, but there were mutual feelings that it probably needed to happen. Heartbreaking to both parties no less.

I meant which one of your personalities. The bipolar thing? Never mind.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook