Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Maine for the Summer
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bbllaakke

Apr 23, 2011, 7:57 AM
Post #1 of 3 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Maine for the Summer  (North_America: United_States: Maine)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all, my name is Blake and I'm from Detroit. I plan on riding my bicycle to Maine this summer in search of some climbing.

What I'm wondering is if there is a certain area that a lot of climbers camp, or hang out. I want to stay for about a month and would like to meet some people to possibly bum a belay from or at least share a crash pad. I'll be riding solo and won't have much equipment (shoes, chalk bag, harness, atc, possibly draws) because I'll be traveling by bike and wont have a lot of room for equipment.

Basically what I'm wondering is if there is a place similar to Miguel's at The Red where climbers congregate.

Thanks!

Blake

jbrown2

Apr 24, 2011, 2:42 AM
Post #2 of 3 (3111 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bbllaakke] Maine for the Summer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OK Maine is the wrong state. Look your half way across the country why dont you bike to boulder or somewhere whith actual good dense climbing.

Dont get me wrong, i love maine. Lived there for ten years. Just that there are only small climbing areas that are dispursed throughout the state. I would say, if you are dead set on Maine go to the white mountians in NH. set up in North Conway or arond there and climb cathedral, whithorse and all the surounding spots there. No it is not Maine.

Mt katadin would be a great big wall venue if you could convince somebody to go there with you. You can camp and put up new routs all day.

pluto8

Mar 6, 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2384 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bbllaakke] Maine for the Summer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I'm 15 and have done climbing with guides and camps + a bunch of indoor. I done multi pitch ice and rock climbing. No experience leading though. I recently bought a harness, helmet, 2 carabiners, and belay device. I live in Maine and I'm looking for a summer climbing partner so I can get into the sport more. I will have bought rope and other equipment by then too. I have another post asking for partners where I explained more of what I have done and my climbing abilities. I just want to get into the sport more and not have to pay for guides and camps anymore. Thanks!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook