Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
head to ohio from alaska for a week
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rurpflirt

Jun 30, 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1553 views)
Shortcut

head to ohio from alaska for a week  (North_America: United_States: Ohio: Northeast_Ohio: Whipps_Ledges)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

im headed to lorain county for a week from alaska. i need someone to climb with or show me around.

lena_chita

Jun 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rurpflirt] head to ohio from alaska for a week [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Depending on when you are planing to come here, you might want to check in with Cleveland Rock Gym to see which weekends are scheduled for Hinckley.

On CRG Hinckley weekends, there will be people from the gym setting up topropes at Hinckley. I believe the next such weekend is July 30th, and there is another one in August.

In order to participate, you must be belay-certified at CRG and you have to sign a CRG Hinckley permit.

Otherwise, if you plan to climb at Hinckleyon your own, you need to obtain a climbing permit from the ranger's office. It is free, but you need to fax them your proof of liability insurance (such as home-owners/renter's insurance) for certain amount.

rurpflirt

Jul 1, 2011, 4:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] head to ohio from alaska for a week [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yeah, I read about that. I've never climbed in a gym before-I'm not sure I'd be able to even go inside one :P. Thanx for the input! I'll be sure to give them a ring. I get in on the 7th and leave the 13th. I'll be busy on the weekend for a wedding, but I need to climb hard every day (getting ready for more yosemite big wall!). If theres anyone who's down to drive, I'm most definitely down to pay for gas. I'm trying to bring as little gear as possible, but I'll fine bringing what I have to in order to ease any burden on anyone. Any takers?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook