Mar 5, 2012, 2:17 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1552 views)
Shortcut

Make A Wish - Team Diego
Report this Post
Can't Post

Many of you may remember, Diego:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...post=1822637#1822637

My wife (Karen aka i.karen) has since become an active member of Make A Wish, and works directly with families in helping them see their wishes granted.

She has recently started running, and is doing a Run/Walk here in North Carolina to help raise funds...

This from her:
Karen wrote:
Team Diego

Most of you know, I'm a volunteer with Make A Wish Foundation. It gives me joy to see these kids and families smile. I volunteer with Make A wish because I saw, what they did for, a boy named Diego.

He earned his wings on December 24th, 2008 from a rare form of cancer. Diego, was my son's (Justice) best friend and his mom is mine. I could write a book about Diego and his family. The important thing is he has touched my heart!

I personally can't find a cure but I can help one child at a time.

Please join Team Diego for a 5k walk on March 25th and if you can't do that please donate, even a dollar to bring a child a smile!

Thanks so much

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Make-A-Wish Foundation - Eastern North Carolina

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Mar 6, 2012, 6:29 PM)

squierbypetzl

Mar 7, 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1512 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Make A Wish - Team Diego [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mighty big hearted of your missus, Adam. Make a Wish deals with some heavy stuff, props to her for pitching in for the kids.

Partner rrrADAM

Mar 8, 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1504 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] Make A Wish - Team Diego [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

squierbypetzl wrote:
Mighty big hearted of your missus, Adam. Make a Wish deals with some heavy stuff, props to her for pitching in for the kids.

She does quite a bit, and it tears her up some times... Many times she has been the person working with the families to grant wishes, get it all lined up, only to have them die before the wish can be granted... But she doesn't give up.

She makes a difference in the lives of the kids, and the parents.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook