flamer

Mar 15, 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #26 of 36 (8462 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Art,

You were a great friend. Your willingness to share and help others in a variety of ways did not go unnoticed. When I was headed for Thailand your contributions to internet sites helped me tremendously. An email to you was returned quickly with even more info.

I have no idea how you could like tequila so much, thanks for not busting my balls when I stuck to beer.

I'm not sure why a man with so little body fat would stay in the cold pacific for so long, I guess the waves were just too much fun to care.
I'm not even alittle sorry that I laughed at you for looking like a drowned rat when we, finally, got out.

Thanks for having my back that time at the bar in Huntington. LA PD my ass, those guys were just jealous dicks. Jealous that we were having so much fun and that brought the girls in!

It was good while you were here my friend. I'm sure I will see you on the other side...simply because, if it exsists, we'll be in the same place.

Lotta love buddy,

josh

notapplicable

Mar 16, 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #27 of 36 (8438 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flamer] In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well damn. Sorry to all his friends and family.

RIP Art.

roseraie

Mar 16, 2012, 3:09 AM
Post #28 of 36 (8412 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sadness. Regret. Love.

I wish I had known he was sick.

Art taught me so much.

wonderwoman

Mar 16, 2012, 6:23 PM
Post #29 of 36 (8334 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My sympathy for this loss to the community. I remember Art's postings from way back when I was an RC.com n00b. It sounds like a spectacular person and friend. My condolences to all who knew and loved him.

fredbob

Mar 16, 2012, 9:44 PM
Post #30 of 36 (8311 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flamer] In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We are sorry to hear of Art's passing. Art was a generous person and someone who was always fun to talk to... whether at the gym or at the crags.

Randy & Sarah

roguecrimson

Mar 16, 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #31 of 36 (8298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gblauer] In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gblauer wrote:
My condolences to friends and family.

RIP

Very Sad !

Partner rrrADAM

Mar 17, 2012, 2:49 PM
Post #32 of 36 (8261 views)
Shortcut

Re: In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

One New Year's Eve around a campfire at J-Tree, Art was lit... He was trying to say, "I'm Jackie Chan's Evil Twin", but his tongue got twisted up a bit, and instead he said, "I'm Jackie Twan Evil Chin"... He looked down, and said "FVCK!!! That's gonna stick!!!" And sure enough, we'd pull that one out of the box every so often.

Partner j_ung

Mar 17, 2012, 5:23 PM
Post #33 of 36 (8247 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh. Crap.

I only met and climbed with Art once, but it was a helluva day. I'll miss you, man. I hope when I go, I'm remembered half as fondly.

Partner happiegrrrl

Mar 18, 2012, 3:30 AM
Post #34 of 36 (8208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I never met him, that I know of, but recall his posting here from years ago. Sounds like he has helped make many memories for a lot of you. I am sorry for the difficulty as you feel the loss of your good friend.

rockie

Nov 2, 2012, 4:09 AM
Post #35 of 36 (7767 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epic_ed] In memory of Artm. Goodbye my friend. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epic_ed wrote:
I rarely check in over here any more but I knew there'd be a tribute thread for Art. Thanks for doing so, Kelly. I was lucky enough to have roped up with him a few times and have some great memories of hanging out with him around several different camp fires. He was a dear friend to many of us and was a warm and loyal friend to those he let into his life. I hadn't seen him in several years and that's probably the biggest regret I have about his passing. When he got the bleak diagnosis of late stage lung cancer last year he didn't even want anyone to know, and as he got more ill he definitely didn't want any visitors. I respected that wish but I would have loved to have roped up with him one more time.

I never met him and didn't know him but he sounds like a great guy. R.I.P. Reminds me of a life long friend I knew from childhood who died of cancer some years ago, felt like I'd lost a big brother. He even kept his cancer news away from his sister, who was in tears when she finally found out and did see him closer to his death, she fed back to me he looked like an old man on seeing him, cancer does that unfortunately.

He didn't want anyone to know, or to see him nearer to his death as he wanted them to remember them as he was, not as he left, and didn't want to burden anyone with it either, yet that is not how we would have viewed it.
It's very sad when they isolate themselves that way, and very strong of them too.

Condolences to his friends and family x

naronaro

Jan 12, 2013, 7:59 AM
Post #36 of 36 (7354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was lucky enough to have ran into Art once. Their was something special about Art, something about him just made me climb better. A friend snapped this picture and to this day it is one of my favorite. I have tried to climb this route many times and I just couldn't do it. However, on this particular day, there was Art, something was different that day. After I falling more times then I want to remember and was ready to throw in the towel, Art kept telling me "you can do it," ... this is how you do it, and after falling a couple more times, I did it. This was 7 years ago and still it is one of my favorite climbing memories. Thanks Art! Thank You for this memory!

Attachments: artm.jpg (51.7 KB)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : In Memory Of

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook