Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

caughtinside

Mar 17, 2012, 3:32 PM
Post #90576 of 105309 (4254 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoops, missed one.

caughtinside

Mar 17, 2012, 3:32 PM
Post #90577 of 105309 (4252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hornz for da win.

caughtinside

Mar 17, 2012, 3:33 PM
Post #90578 of 105309 (4250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

heh. It's no wonder the loyerette won't let me grow my hair out any more.

jakedatc

Mar 18, 2012, 5:55 PM
Post #90579 of 105309 (4215 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Speaking of this climbing thing... Looks like Gimps in the Gunks is a go. It's in october, so I wonder if theyll do that instead of the Red? Either way, it'll be my first trip there. Should be kewl if I can find a rope gun.

I could be down for that.

meatbomz

Mar 19, 2012, 1:09 AM
Post #90580 of 105309 (4202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Here is some douchiness to make you laff on saturday. Some of you may remember that when I zent the Warmup onzight and skored the free bootz, I texted a harassing victory notice to snupe and AB:[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/photo-9.jpg[/IMG]

I went with that one because it had dizmay, which I know always cracked up AB.

So I was goofing off with my phone yesterday, and I found the rest of the photoshoot. The Lost Photos of the Onsight Victory Tour Taunting Album!!!

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/FreeBootz/photo18.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/FreeBootz/photo17.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/FreeBootz/photo19.jpg[/IMG]

This is my favorite

Partner camhead

Mar 19, 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #90581 of 105309 (4195 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Here is some douchiness to make you laff on saturday. Some of you may remember that when I zent the Warmup onzight and skored the free bootz, I texted a harassing victory notice to snupe and AB:[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/photo-9.jpg[/IMG]

I went with that one because it had dizmay, which I know always cracked up AB.

So I was goofing off with my phone yesterday, and I found the rest of the photoshoot. The Lost Photos of the Onsight Victory Tour Taunting Album!!!

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/FreeBootz/photo18.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/FreeBootz/photo17.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/FreeBootz/photo16.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/caughtinside_bucket/FreeBootz/photo19.jpg[/IMG]

This is my favorite

Woo, the director's cut!

Partner camhead

Mar 19, 2012, 1:38 AM
Post #90582 of 105309 (4192 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Fun weekend, better than expected. Rain did not hose us at too much, classic lines, no people. Managed to onsight a really cool techy corner called "Replicant," can;t wait to get teh dribble on it, because it's mostly stemming in blue and purple metolius sixed corner.

My partner was not my first choice. He gets psyched easily, but falls out of it equally. Safe belayer, would be fun to do a wall with, knows his shit, but was really out of free climbing shape. I actually had to use #5 on him once.

Also, got to meet the new baby Jung spawn. Cute kid, really chubby. Kind of looks like Cartman. Also met grandpoppa Jung, drank beers with him and BS'd about the Lincoln assassination.

kachoong

Mar 19, 2012, 3:40 AM
Post #90583 of 105309 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
whoops, missed one.

Heh... very zombie-like. Do you have a Toy Story comforter or something?

Weekend climbing outside. Not much to report from the koala. Four minute drive from the T3 apartment to the local slimestones. Needed to wade through the creek we've had enough rain. Got on Lonesome Dove (Clicker knows this) and hope to scout out the other longer roof climb when I build up some grip strength. It's nice to be 20lbs lighter than October and it helps the off the couch sends. Still no word on teh jorbs I interviewed for... hope this week.

kachoong

Mar 19, 2012, 3:42 AM
Post #90584 of 105309 (4179 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Fun weekend, better than expected. Rain did not hose us at too much, classic lines, no people. Managed to onsight a really cool techy corner called "Replicant," can;t wait to get teh dribble on it, because it's mostly stemming in blue and purple metolius sixed corner.

My partner was not my first choice. He gets psyched easily, but falls out of it equally. Safe belayer, would be fun to do a wall with, knows his shit, but was really out of free climbing shape. I actually had to use #5 on him once.

Also, got to meet the new baby Jung spawn. Cute kid, really chubby. Kind of looks like Cartman. Also met grandpoppa Jung, drank beers with him and BS'd about the Lincoln assassination.

Have you read Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter yet? History is full of action!

granite_grrl

Mar 19, 2012, 1:34 PM
Post #90585 of 105309 (4162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
the sharma weed rope is on sale for $208 in an 80m

http://www.usoutdoor.com/...ry-climbing-rope-80/

a decent price for an 80. How much was yours camhed?

I hate to break it to you, but that rope is clearly labled 80ft, which makes it a terrible price.

granite_grrl

Mar 19, 2012, 1:41 PM
Post #90586 of 105309 (4160 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I think it was around $200; can't remember, since I bought it along with an Evolution 70m, and both for prodeal prices. that's a super good deal, though.

I thought so, it made me wish I needed an 80m. I can't think of many places that would be useful except the creek.

Yeah, even my new 70m seems too long.

[WHINE ALERT]

Going from 60m 9.2mm to 70m 9.5mm makes a very noticeable weight difference. And I've been carrying both rope and gear on the last couple trips. Looking Glass approach hike sucked especially.

Oh, and I REALLY want a better pack! I hate slinging the rope bag over my neck, and fitting it under the pack flap makes the weight go too far backwards

[/WHINE]

A 70m kicks ass for ice climbing around here. Was nice to have at Ouray too. But while a 70m wuld be useful a number of places out West, out East I'm pretty happy with my 60m.

granite_grrl

Mar 19, 2012, 1:57 PM
Post #90587 of 105309 (4157 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Speaking of this climbing thing... Looks like Gimps in the Gunks is a go. It's in october, so I wonder if theyll do that instead of the Red? Either way, it'll be my first trip there. Should be kewl if I can find a rope gun.

My year pass runs out in September this year. Might be convinced to head up for a weekend in October, but considering Nathan might be quiting his jorb early so he can go climb and downgrade everyonese mixed lines next year I'll probably be feeling too poor.

Partner camhead

Mar 19, 2012, 2:09 PM
Post #90588 of 105309 (4151 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

My year pass runs out in September this year. Might be convinced to head up for a weekend in October, but considering Nathan might be quiting his jorb early so he can go climb and downgrade everyonese mixed lines next year I'll probably be feeling too poor.

Plus, you'll probably just get bailed on. It's teh biner after all. "Hey, come climb with me at Skytop, guys!"

granite_grrl

Mar 19, 2012, 2:22 PM
Post #90589 of 105309 (4146 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
greetings gerks,

my old area of Auburn is about to be reopened at last. The AF may help out a little to install a pit toilet, which the area needs.

So do me a solid, take this survey, and rate Auburn a 5. Takes 3 mins or less.

http://www.accessfund.org/...vey/apps/fc/form.asp

already did. rough posted up a thred about it.

also voted a 5 for keeping castle rock open.

Did the survey. Don't know a ton about a lot of those areas, but I voted 5 on opening or keeping open any crags....and 1 for building information kiosks and handing out brochures.

caughtinside

Mar 19, 2012, 2:49 PM
Post #90590 of 105309 (4137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but that rope is clearly labled 80ft, which makes it a terrible price.

hah. All the ropes on that website are labeled in feet, I think someone just goofed. And it's on sale! Normally that 80 foot rope is $300!

Partner camhead

Mar 19, 2012, 2:57 PM
Post #90591 of 105309 (4130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

hah. All the ropes on that website are labeled in feet, I think someone just goofed. And it's on sale! Normally that 80 foot rope is $300!

That's $3.75/foot! Quality!

caughtinside

Mar 19, 2012, 3:07 PM
Post #90592 of 105309 (4124 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like fun at the Gnu. Nothing to report up here... the rain finally stopped and the winds howled all weekend. The crew did enjoy a 4 hour gym sesh yesterday.

REI dividends are usable now... sadly I don't think they really sell anything I wants. I do need a couple stainless bolt hangers.

kachoong

Mar 19, 2012, 3:42 PM
Post #90593 of 105309 (4111 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

If you cut it in two would it still make two 50ft ropes?

kachoong

Mar 19, 2012, 3:43 PM
Post #90594 of 105309 (4109 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Sponsorship is tough to find these days. It's also just as tough to be a start-up sponsor business.

kachoong

Mar 19, 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #90595 of 105309 (4107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Sounds like fun at the Gnu. Nothing to report up here... the rain finally stopped and the winds howled all weekend. The crew did enjoy a 4 hour gym sesh yesterday.

REI dividends are usable now... sadly I don't think they really sell anything I wants. I do need a couple stainless bolt hangers.

Dividends eh? I believe I may have a couple bucks sitting there.

snoopy138

Mar 19, 2012, 4:02 PM
Post #90596 of 105309 (4090 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

If you cut it in two would it still make two 50ft ropes?

45 ft each.

lena_chita

Mar 19, 2012, 5:08 PM
Post #90597 of 105309 (4069 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Better than expected weekend, here, too. Some rain Saturday night, but no interference with climbing at all. No weird condensation, wet rock, etc. etc.

On Saturday got on some new routes at the Chocolate factory, pretty awesome 5.11s, the bolter/FA guy was there, which was fortunate, b/c I wouldn't have gotten on some of them otherwise. Wanted to try Malice, but we ran out of time and energy.

Banz ran out of phyched juice on Sunday, and left to meet his date. Tony was Tony. Didn't climb on Sunday, either.

Sunday was Military wall. Sweltering mid-day, but nice otherwise. Bolt-to-bolted Reliquary. Won't be redpointhing that one anytime soon though, it is tough for me, I think Tissue Tiger will happen much easier.

The rest of CO crew was really nice. A bunch of strong kids. Half of them flashed Reliquary like it was no big deal. Legend did give them some trouble though. Two really strong petite girls in the crew, too -- too bad they are only here for a road trip.

Partner camhead

Mar 19, 2012, 5:17 PM
Post #90598 of 105309 (4063 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Better than expected weekend, here, too. Some rain Saturday night, but no interference with climbing at all. No weird condensation, wet rock, etc. etc.

On Saturday got on some new routes at the Chocolate factory, pretty awesome 5.11s, the bolter/FA guy was there, which was fortunate, b/c I wouldn't have gotten on some of them otherwise. Wanted to try Malice, but we ran out of time and energy.

Banz ran out of phyched juice on Sunday, and left to meet his date. Tony was Tony. Didn't climb on Sunday, either.

Sunday was Military wall. Sweltering mid-day, but nice otherwise. Bolt-to-bolted Reliquary. Won't be redpointhing that one anytime soon though, it is tough for me, I think Tissue Tiger will happen much easier.

The rest of CO crew was really nice. A bunch of strong kids. Half of them flashed Reliquary like it was no big deal. Legend did give them some trouble though. Two really strong petite girls in the crew, too -- too bad they are only here for a road trip.

Yeah, I have not gotten on Reliquary since I notsighted it like 3 yrs ago.

That's lame about Banz and Tony. I can understand how Banz just forgets about everything when there is a new set of XX chromosomes around. But what is Tony doing down there if he's not climbing? Guy has a perfect opportunity to get back into it after his hernia, and he's not climbing as much as possible?

I'm getting fricking sick of the overwhelming lack of psych and the necessity for me to fricking prod and spur every climbing partner out here. Joe is the only friend of mine who is amped to get on new spurt and tard, but he just gets injured too easily.

Does look like Banz made it onto the Trango sponsorship team, though, according to facespace.

caughtinside

Mar 19, 2012, 7:20 PM
Post #90599 of 105309 (4059 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Yeah, I have not gotten on Reliquary since I notsighted it like 3 yrs ago.

That's lame about Banz and Tony. I can understand how Banz just forgets about everything when there is a new set of XX chromosomes around. But what is Tony doing down there if he's not climbing? Guy has a perfect opportunity to get back into it after his hernia, and he's not climbing as much as possible?

I'm getting fricking sick of the overwhelming lack of psych and the necessity for me to fricking prod and spur every climbing partner out here. Joe is the only friend of mine who is amped to get on new spurt and tard, but he just gets injured too easily.

Does look like Banz made it onto the Trango sponsorship team, though, according to facespace.

Good for banz. Do they make any gear worth owning? I wonder if by having a sponcership with one company, if you can at least prodeal ropes and shoes from other places?

caughtinside

Mar 19, 2012, 7:24 PM
Post #90600 of 105309 (4056 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

woo! Stale PTFTW is still PTFTW.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook