Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Anyone climbed in "Texas Canyon" ?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

clymbhigh33

Jan 9, 2003, 11:49 PM
Post #1 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Anyone climbed in "Texas Canyon" ?  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon: The_Kitchen)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Myself and some friends are climbing at a place called "Texas Canyon" near the Canyon Country / Santa Clarita area.
Has anyone climbed there, or know any route information? Just curious as to the route quality, quantity, etc.

Any beta would be appreciated!

Clymb On...
Clymb High...

wallspydr

Feb 27, 2003, 2:06 AM
Post #2 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Anyone climbed in "Texas Canyon" ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

8) clymbhigh33

I talked with a climber who knew the folks bolting the routes. There are updates that don't exist in a book form. I will try to find out more.

beethovenboy

Feb 27, 2003, 3:15 AM
Post #3 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Preface: I myself haven't climbed there. Some partners of mine have though and said that it wasn't really worth spending a whole day there. Chossy shit from what I gather. But that's just my 2 cents.
Jesse
Spiral out...

lilycactus

Feb 28, 2003, 2:57 PM
Post #4 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A friend of mine TNT put up a route out there.

roughster

Feb 28, 2003, 7:35 PM
Post #5 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

beethovenboy,

For a person who goes around slagging areas in SoCal, you would think you were the resident hardman.

So please tell us how you have contributed positively to the SoCal climbing scene? You definitely have the negativity aspect covered...

I am interested in hearing your positive contribution?

clymbhigh33

Feb 28, 2003, 8:52 PM
Post #6 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks all for the info....I have posted what little beta I have on the routes data base. If anyone has more info please update it on the routes database for all to see and use!

Clymb On!
Clymb High!!!

cloudbreak

Feb 28, 2003, 9:24 PM
Post #7 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Aaron, all Jesse was saying is that he had "heard" that the place wasn't all that great. I wouldn't label that negative.

If I remember correctly, this post was originally deleted by YOU back in January, because you didn't think it was relevant. Then after Warren raised a stink about it, it was brought back. That would be negativity.

The only other place I can recall Jesse bagging on was Lucerne. And, because your the one who developed the place, maybe you took that a little to personal.

I sure hate to create flames where none exist, but maybe we should all open our eyes.

roughster

Feb 28, 2003, 10:17 PM
Post #8 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes Cloudbreak maybe we should. Perhaps you "forgot" that Warren posted this EXACT topic twice and I deleted ONE of them. Warren freaked out because he failed to read the board and see he had posted it twice. Once a topic is deleted it cannot be "brought back". The fact that this post is here is proof there was two.

Might want to take your own words of advice and "open our eyes."

The bottom line is I have seen Bboy spout of twice about areas being chosspiles, one of which he hasn't even been too, the other he couldn't climb more than 1/4 of the routes at best.

Just wanted to offer him up the chance to show he isn't all about slagging others work/areas. I eagerly await of hearing of his contributions to the SoCal climbing...

Oh and FIO, I also know some of the developers of T Canyon as well. Maybe they don't appreciate it being called Chossy S__ from someone who hasn't even been there.

enigma

Mar 1, 2003, 6:07 AM
Post #9 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had trouble finding this "Texas Canyon" directions on the database. Is there anyone out there thoughtful enough to share this information and update it.
I do recall Climbhigh33 was there with his girlfriend, took pictures and refused to divulge the location. Hmmn , What's that about??Secret???

Oh by the way, Lucerne Limestone is quite beautiful and there's alot of great climbing there. Perhaps BeethtovenBoy got lost???? :?:

betaflash

Mar 1, 2003, 6:26 AM
Post #10 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just a word of warning about TX Cyn. Be careful out there! If I had my druthers, I would take the extra drive and head for the Punchbowl, where you will find the stone a BIT more solid. Having been to both areas, TX Cyn only once, I would not bother with TX Cyn again, but will return to the Punchbowl willingly. I don't mean to dis any route setters out there, but some rock, or hardened mud, is best left unclimbed.

clymbhigh33

Mar 4, 2003, 6:52 PM
Post #11 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Secrets? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I did not refuse to divulge the location or directions. There was no secret plot to keep climbers away from T-Canyon! I simply did not remember the name of the roads we took in to the place, as I followed someone to the parking area. As I stated when I created the route area...there are directions in the Orange guidebook...I believe it is out of print, but alot of people have one (me excluded).

As for the quality of the rock...it is a little chossy, no more so than the punchbowl though (at least in my opinion). The routes were all well protected and provided for a good day of climbing.

Enigma...feel free to place your comments, notes (and directions) on the database.

Clymb on...
Clymb High...

beethovenboy

Mar 4, 2003, 10:59 PM
Post #12 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Like I said, I haven't been there so that preface should precipitate interpretations of my post with a grain of salt. Just trying to pass on the word or critique of what others thought about the place.
Why do people rip on others when they know nothing about them? I've never met you, roughster. If you can perform reverse operations that would equate into you having never met me. By the way, I think you did an excellent job of bolt placements over at Lucerne and especially at Box Springs, though I really didn't take a liking to Lucerne. Please don't mistake my opinions about a climbing spot as a personal attack.
I was at the LA Marathon on Sunday and I felt an incredible feeling of infinite awareness and love. Either people were running in a race of fantastic proportions or they were cheering and encouraging others on in their goal. I think we should all follow suit.
Jesse
Spiral out...

enigma

Mar 5, 2003, 1:24 AM
Post #13 of 13 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Clymbhigh33- I have Never been to Texas Canyon,so how would I post directions, or comments. I do remember someone, saying to go look for the book if I wanted to find out.
I also remember,( hearing that you or someone else,) didn't want alot of people to go there, and that was the reason the directions were never posted.
Obviously someone had to get there with directions-hmmn the person you followed,perhaps??? So why not post them?? Instead of recommending people to get the out of date guidebook, as a simple courtesy. :) Good Karma :?:

We share information on RC.Com,, especially areas that are well bolted ,(as I have heard Texas Canyon is.)
BeethtovenBoy:
I do hope the cheering others on, will occur too and others appreciate that positive kindness; :idea:
Roughster puts his heart and soul,not to mention money into bolting routes for all to enjoy.
:idea:

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook