Premier Sponsor:

Stone0826

Jan 6, 2013, 9:46 PM
Post #1 of 3 (5241 views)
Shortcut

Rmsyll2
Report this Post
Can't Post

Went to pilot mountain and moores wall over the holidays considering I am from pilot it's a frequented area when I come home. While home on leave my friends and I had pilot for a full 5 days with 3 of those days being completely desolate. But I noticed I missed the old man in the plaid shirt walking through the woods, taking pictures, giving out free knowledge, and doing a few top rope solos. On the days that there were people up there I actually helped them locate the little amphitheater and a few good routes. I figured it was the least I could do, considering the old man wasn't there to provide the knowledge people lack when they come to pilot (not that pilot takes much, its a magnet for newbies). It made me smile because I realized he encouraged friendly climbing, and even the disgruntled asshole that i am had been infected. We climb the route he passed on every time we go to pilot. They should totally change the route name to Lloyd's route.

deltav

Jan 6, 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #2 of 3 (5214 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Stone0826] Rmsyll2 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Awesome Smile

MMOORE81

Jan 14, 2013, 5:51 PM
Post #3 of 3 (5021 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Stone0826] Rmsyll2 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lloyd was a real nice guy and friend. My frist time going to pilot Lloyd took the time to show me and my friend around the place and showed us a few nice climbs. Every time we was up there he would take the time and put us on a route and we always end up loving the climb he put us on. He had alot of knowledge about all the routes there and how to climb them.I will say I did learn some stuff about pilot for him. My friend fell one time and sprained his ankle and Lloyd help me with the gear and help me carry him out almost a mile. He will be missed at pilot R.I.P Lloyd Ramsey

(This post was edited by MMOORE81 on Jan 14, 2013, 5:52 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : In Memory Of

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook