Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Dec 9, 2013, 2:44 AM
Post #101576 of 105309 (4100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am not arguing ptftw semantics

dr_feelgood

Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 AM
Post #101577 of 105309 (4099 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

beluga colored puffy

dr_feelgood

Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 AM
Post #101578 of 105309 (4098 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

now with real beluga!

Partner camhead

Dec 9, 2013, 2:40 PM
Post #101579 of 105309 (4075 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Woo, weather tawk!

Uhhh, that is all. No useful content to contribute.

Partner cracklover

Dec 9, 2013, 3:43 PM
Post #101580 of 105309 (4064 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
The monkeys are busily freezing their asses off in hyalite. I went up there yesterday with them, and it got down below -20. There were many incidents of barfies, and frequent running around to stay warm.

I have a paper to finish today, and finals to grade tomorrow. Just in time for the warm (16F) weather to return.

I hope g_g found that warm belay jacket she was looking for.

The quote for earlier today (onlooker conversation as I was setting new toprope route and self-belaying on a gri-gri)

A dad explains to his kids with authority... "When she is climbing up, it is called belaying. And when she is sliding down on the rope, it is called grappelling. Pretty neat, huh?"

I can grappel!

Who knew?!

She has a very nice beluga colored jacket, that seems to be highly functional. However, it doesn't really matter below -20.

When we talk -20C it's pretty darn cold. -20F is fucking freezing.
below -10f and we are arguing semantics about degrees of cold.

You just need to drop another 20 degrees. At -40, Fahrenheit and Celsius are the same. Also at that temp, the CO2 in your breath freezes out, and creates dry-ice snow. How cool is that?

GO

lena_chita

Dec 9, 2013, 4:08 PM
Post #101581 of 105309 (4059 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Woo, weather tawk!

Uhhh, that is all. No useful content to contribute.

what are you talking about? My grappeling skill wasn't amazing enough to discuss?

snoopy138

Dec 9, 2013, 5:00 PM
Post #101582 of 105309 (4053 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Sounds like good temps... To stay inside

it was chilly down at woodson yesterday, high right around 50.

tripperjm

Dec 9, 2013, 6:19 PM
Post #101583 of 105309 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
curt wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
curt wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Oh yes, the Legend got banzed from the taco... Twice!

http://www.supertopo.com/...1829/Goodbye-JGHedge

Could be three times by now.

Curt

Joe never cood learn to fold on a bad hand and he cood be a pain in the ass sumtymes.

Still, I like Joe. Traveled and climbed with him a bunch and he did help keep those raging rite wingnut in check.

Roger that, in an appropriate and non-ball-cupping way.

Curt

heh.... Woodn't wunt it any other way.

and just fer teh record...

ov teh 99 things I wunt to due with whut's left ov my life, chasing ewe around tring to bust yore balls isn't won ov them.

Course, if teh opportunity ever came up to due a root with Kerwin, ewe and myself, even if it wus sumtin stupid or easy, that wood make my list ov things I wood wunt to due.

Awww, the geriatrics are swapping spit and whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears. Brings tears to my eyes.

I dun't expect ewe to understand....

but there iz nothing rong about setting aside old differences and making things rite with a guy who is friends with won ov my oldest friends in climbing.

I guess I was rong?

just goes to show....

You don't know Jack!!!1

tripperjm

Dec 9, 2013, 6:23 PM
Post #101584 of 105309 (4034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
The monkeys are busily freezing their asses off in hyalite. I went up there yesterday with them, and it got down below -20. There were many incidents of barfies, and frequent running around to stay warm.

I have a paper to finish today, and finals to grade tomorrow. Just in time for the warm (16F) weather to return.

Knot surprised, teh Champ and mrs Champ take there pegboreding seriously.

looks to teh north and nods

tripperjm

Dec 9, 2013, 6:29 PM
Post #101585 of 105309 (4031 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

The quote for earlier today (onlooker conversation as I was setting new toprope route and self-belaying on a gri-gri)

A dad explains to his kids with authority... "When she is climbing up, it is called belaying. And when she is sliding down on the rope, it is called grappelling. Pretty neat, huh?"

I can grappel!

Who knew?!

She has a very nice beluga colored jacket, that seems to be highly functional. However, it doesn't really matter below -20.

Froze our asses oft sun morning, 43F and a cold brezze from teh north....

then the sun came around teh corner and we were climbing in teh mid 50's in our tee shirts.

Partner camhead

Dec 9, 2013, 7:55 PM
Post #101586 of 105309 (4010 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mohr weather tawk.

Semi freezing rain here, and so much precip in the last few days that all the creeks are completely swollen and all the trails are mudbogs. Was thinking of doing another gneiss hike, when my friend Chris got the briliant idea to go to the Cirque to work on his project, Graffiti (the "easiest" route at the Cirque, not really that easy).

We plodded through the mud, it was probably 33 and raining. Got to the Cirque, and there were a few dry lines, including Graffiti. I was pretty amazed that there was any dry rock at all. Our fiernd Craig come out too, just to rebolt some stuff.

Chris wound up sending the rig, then I decided that I should just tape my pinky so much that I couldn't use it, and manage to tredpoint Graffiti, too. Felt good on teh tiny crimps even with three fingers. Then took a run on the current prodge, managed to bust through the technical crux even with the handicap, but couldn't do the redpoint crux, which is a big reach to a small pinchy crimp on the right hand. Still, I did not wake up this morning thinking that I'd be climbing, so it was a good day.

Video of teh prodge! Techy crux is right at 1:30, really cool cross through to a shallow 1.5 finer pocket. Redpoint crux that I couldn't do is at 2:10. The video is of the full 14b version; but up to the big roof is a cool 13b, uhh, le 8a. That's all I'm working on.

http://vimeo.com/25373667#

This concludes your precipitation spray.

lena_chita

Dec 9, 2013, 9:41 PM
Post #101587 of 105309 (3986 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Mohr weather tawk.

Semi freezing rain here, and so much precip in the last few days that all the creeks are completely swollen and all the trails are mudbogs. Was thinking of doing another gneiss hike, when my friend Chris got the briliant idea to go to the Cirque to work on his project, Graffiti (the "easiest" route at the Cirque, not really that easy).

We plodded through the mud, it was probably 33 and raining. Got to the Cirque, and there were a few dry lines, including Graffiti. I was pretty amazed that there was any dry rock at all. Our fiernd Craig come out too, just to rebolt some stuff.

Chris wound up sending the rig, then I decided that I should just tape my pinky so much that I couldn't use it, and manage to tredpoint Graffiti, too. Felt good on teh tiny crimps even with three fingers. Then took a run on the current prodge, managed to bust through the technical crux even with the handicap, but couldn't do the redpoint crux, which is a big reach to a small pinchy crimp on the right hand. Still, I did not wake up this morning thinking that I'd be climbing, so it was a good day.

Video of teh prodge! Techy crux is right at 1:30, really cool cross through to a shallow 1.5 finer pocket. Redpoint crux that I couldn't do is at 2:10. The video is of the full 14b version; but up to the big roof is a cool 13b, uhh, le 8a. That's all I'm working on.

http://vimeo.com/25373667#

This concludes your precipitation spray.

I didn't see the last bit of your spray, just clicked on the video, and I was like, oh, camhead is jumping quite a few grades, impressive. Tongue

curt

Dec 9, 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #101588 of 105309 (3976 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

I can grappel!

Who knew?!

And at -40 there is absolutely no difference Cool

Curt

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2013, 12:42 AM
Post #101589 of 105309 (3961 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

I can grappel!

Who knew?!

then the sun came around teh corner and we were climbing in teh mid 50's in our tee shirts.

ewe guise get owt at all on saturday?

tripperjm

Dec 10, 2013, 1:35 AM
Post #101590 of 105309 (3945 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

I can grappel!

Who knew?!

ewe guise get owt at all on saturday?

Climbed about a half day before teh whether moved in on us. Temps were ok, though eventually teh wall started to drip. Cood have moved down a few panels and gotten a sum more roots in but it was just teh too ov us and we decided that teh conditions were better fer drinking at teh bivy.

granite_grrl

Dec 10, 2013, 4:32 AM
Post #101591 of 105309 (3921 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

I can grappel!

Who knew?!

You just need to drop another 20 degrees. At -40, Fahrenheit and Celsius are the same. Also at that temp, the CO2 in your breath freezes out, and creates dry-ice snow. How cool is that?

GO

The people of Alberta are not impressed.

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2013, 4:54 PM
Post #101592 of 105309 (3887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

I can grappel!

Who knew?!

GO

The people of Alberta are not impressed.

Yeah, Alberta seems like it probibly sux.

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2013, 6:37 PM
Post #101593 of 105309 (3874 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I see teh Champ has scaled back his fasebuk spray to include less numbers.

Partner camhead

Dec 11, 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #101594 of 105309 (3854 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:

Yeah, I had to do some research to find out what the didlio on his latest send was. Pretty rad, though!

caughtinside

Dec 11, 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #101595 of 105309 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I always like a good climbing update.

I was disappointed that my new route only turned out to be about .11+ though. I was hoping it would be harder and take longer to send so I'd have a good reason to go back out there.

dr_feelgood

Dec 11, 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #101596 of 105309 (3847 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

Yeah, I had to do some research to find out what the didlio on his latest send was. Pretty rad, though!

What is a didlio?

snoopy138

Dec 11, 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #101597 of 105309 (3841 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
I always like a good climbing update.

I was disappointed that my new route only turned out to be about .11+ though. I was hoping it would be harder and take longer to send so I'd have a good reason to go back out there.

just go to teh gold wall.

snoopy138

Dec 11, 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #101598 of 105309 (3840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

What is a didlio?

sometimes they are large and black and coated in axe body spray. especially CI's didlio's.

tripperjm

Dec 11, 2013, 1:35 AM
Post #101599 of 105309 (3826 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So curt, are ewe planing on cumming owt on teh 11th to send are friend off?

curt

Dec 11, 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #101600 of 105309 (3798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
So curt, are ewe planing on cumming owt on teh 11th to send are friend off?

Didn't see this until now. Did you mean today? What did I miss?

Curt

First page Previous page 1 ... 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook