RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

renobdarb

Feb 21, 2003, 5:51 PM
Post #1 of 3 (841 views)
Shortcut

Anyone use Robot Cams?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello, everyone... i was wondering if anyone out there uses cams from Acmeclimbing.com (Flexbots, Robots, Microbots) and what they think of them... I want to replace my cam rack and Acme has these cams at a remarkable price (almost too remarkable)... any input on their performance? thanks, -b

rokshoxbkr19

Feb 21, 2003, 6:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (841 views)
Shortcut

Acme Cams [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Man,
I know what you mean about the prices. I can tell you that I have ordered gear from Acme before and it has been good. Also, I have done research on reviews of Robot cams online because I want to buy a set. All the reviews have been great and they have passed all UIAA certifications. Just go on google and type in Robot Cams and you can get a lot of info that way. Have a good one and tell me what you think if you get them, peace. :lol:

arrrghjp

Feb 21, 2003, 7:40 PM
Post #3 of 3 (841 views)
Shortcut

Anyone use Robot Cams? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've had a set of Robots for about six months, and have had pretty good luck with them. The only problem I've found with them, is that sizes don't overlap very much. If using them exclusively, you might run into problems with either undercamming or overcamming. I'd suggest getting a set and augmenting them with a few other cams to have a wider variety for more placements.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook