Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Bouldering around Marquette, MI
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

brianthew

May 4, 2003, 9:15 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2085 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering around Marquette, MI  (North_America: United_States: Washington: I-5_Corridor-North: Exit_38: Run_Away_Train)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've browsed through the threads here and have looked a bit on trails-edge.com, and shot an email off to the MTU climbing club, but am just seeing if anyone has any more info...

I'm looking to do some light road tripping this summer for bouldering. Anybody here with beta for the Marquette area? I'm mainly interested in quantity/routes/grades and rock type. If it's all quartzite, I have closer places to go. Read about some sandstone.....this true? When I was up in the UP a while back I recall some red rock (back before I learned my rocks) along the lake that might have been granite? Or is this just more quartzite?

Anyway, any beta is appreciated....and if anyone is interested in bouldering/roped climbing with me in the area too, feel free to PM....I've no concrete plans yet.

Thanks.

chuckd

Jun 19, 2003, 11:21 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2085 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bouldering around Marquette, MI [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I do not know a whole lot about the rock types yet but I do know which ones are good to climb and boulder on. I could show you some good palces or even tell you if you would like. Just let me know when you will be up. I am eager to learn and meet climbers.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook