RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

darkside

Jul 26, 2003, 6:48 AM
Post #1 of 6 (566 views)
Shortcut

"Shredding access" disappears.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

:? :?
Earlier today there was a post in the regional section entitled "Shredding Access". I was just looking for it and it seems that the whole thread has disappeared including my post. Can anyone tell me what happened here :?:

By the miracle of the back button I can tell you the URL was http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=36166&forum=27

The posts were as follows

In reply to:
Shredding has access issues and should be taken off the internet!
I dont see any reason for putting access sensitive areas on the internet other than inflating ones ego and or to score points on this website.
If this website allows people to provide information about access sensitive areas then it should be held responsible if any access issues occur.

In reply to:
Pray tell how enlightening folks to access issues will make them worse? If we ignore access issues then the result will be more areas closed. Only by educating climbers and others of such issues can behavior be modified, compromises found, and access secured.

The ostrich approach may look good but the result is that the ostrich sticks it's butt in the air waiting to be kicked. :roll:

Unless I have got the wrong end of the stick here,(not sure just what you mean when you refer to "shredding access") I would have to say that you are way off base with your views and I speak as someone heavily involved with many access issues in many locations.

theboss

Jul 26, 2003, 7:05 AM
Post #2 of 6 (566 views)
Shortcut

Re: "Shredding access" disappears. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Access-sensible areas can be put on the internet, even more, they should be on the internet. It is one of many ways of informing people, at least when correct information is given.

timstich

Jul 26, 2003, 4:10 PM
Post #3 of 6 (566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Access-sensible areas can be put on the internet, even more, they should be on the internet. It is one of many ways of informing people, at least when correct information is given.

I agree completely. And the previous poster's ostrich getting it's ass kicked analogy is great. How else can you call for voluntary action on the part of other climbers? Ignore it and it will go away has proven to fail time and time again.

xanx

Jul 26, 2003, 4:17 PM
Post #4 of 6 (566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just make sure to put in GIANT letters that access is shakey/denied so you shouldn't climb there.

kind of the "Hey look at all the great climbs in this area, oh and by the way, u can't climb here!"

Partner tim

Jul 26, 2003, 7:28 PM
Post #5 of 6 (566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ugh. I really need to finish up auditing (PM-on-delete, post-on-move) so that people can quickly find out whether something's disappearance was the result of overzealous 'moderation' (love the irony) or a database hiccup.

darkside

Jul 30, 2003, 3:03 PM
Post #6 of 6 (566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
ugh. I really need to finish up auditing (PM-on-delete, post-on-move) so that people can quickly find out whether something's disappearance was the result of overzealous 'moderation' (love the irony) or a database hiccup.
Aww. Sweet irony, I see it too.
If the original poster deleted his post it shouldn't make mine disappear though should it :?: incidentally I don't think my post count changed so maybe it was moved. Maybe that's why I couldn't find it.

I don't recall having been moderated before.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook