Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Grand Titon Weather???
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

aulwes

Jul 31, 2003, 3:27 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1000 views)
Shortcut

Grand Titon Weather???  (North_America: United_States: Wyoming: Western_Wy_: Grand_Teton_NP)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What would the weather be like around Oct. 27-31? I'm thinking about doing a trip around that time, if the Titons would be too cold, where in the NW would you suggest?

Thanks!

moabbeth

Jul 31, 2003, 3:29 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1000 views)
Shortcut

Re: Grand Titon Weather??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Fyi it's spelled Teton. Even though I'm sure the sight of the peaks has made other guys think of the spelling you wrote :lol:

timstich

Jul 31, 2003, 4:39 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1000 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Fyi it's spelled Teton. Even though I'm sure the sight of the peaks has made other guys think of the spelling you wrote :lol:

Yeah, maybe Yanks back in the '50s torpedo bra days. But now? C'mon. And those Frenchies spell it that way anyhow.

smithclimber

Jul 31, 2003, 6:32 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1000 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't give you much advice on October weather in the Tetons, but most people tend to climb there in July and August.

I climbed the Grand last Monday and the weather was great (i.e. quite warm down in the Valley and approach, cool and windy up on the peak). A fellow behind us had climbed the peak 12 times before and commented that it was the warmest he had ever experienced, so perhaps the season may extend a bit further this year and you might get lucky with some good weather.
I'm sure it's do-able in late October anyway, it's just a matter of how much snow do you feel like dealing with, right?

You could call the rangers at the Jenny Lake Ranger Station to get a much better idea of typical weather for October.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook