Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing in Milton
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

supabadasssweetdaddyjones

Sep 9, 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in Milton  (North_America: United_States: Wyoming: Western_Wy_: Upper_Bridge_Bands: Hideout_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Will be heading to the Milton area for the first time, could someone please give me info on which of the many climbing areas would be the best to visit. keeping in mind that i climb mostly toprope around the 5.9, 5.10 level. Also wondering if you could tell me the best place to pick up an inexpensive guide book to the area you recommend. Thanks alot
Curtis

canadian_usc

Sep 9, 2003, 11:52 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing in Milton [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Search around on the net, there is one page that has all the beta about climbs in milton. there are a couple of places that I can remember: kelso and rattlesnake point. There are more; just do a google search.

geezergecko

Sep 12, 2003, 8:45 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Get the guide book "The Escarpment - A Climbers Guide" from MEC or Europe Bound in Toronto or order online at www.mec.ca. You can top rope at Rattlesnake (VERY busy on weekends) or Buffalo Crag (15 min hike) or Kelso (north facing, ie. cooler). Nemo is nearby and has some nice routes but there is a mandatory top rope ban at Nemo so sport and trad only. There is a ban on slinging cedars everywhere (carpet padding if you must). Enjoy.

krillen

Sep 12, 2003, 8:54 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Get the guide book "The Escarpment - A Climbers Guide" from MEC or Europe Bound in Toronto or order online at www.mec.ca. You can top rope at Rattlesnake (VERY busy on weekends) or Buffalo Crag (15 min hike) or Kelso (north facing, ie. cooler). Nemo is nearby and has some nice routes but there is a mandatory top rope ban at Nemo so sport and trad only. There is a ban on slinging cedars everywhere (carpet padding if you must). Enjoy.

Actully just to clarify: the carpet padding is for Non_cedar trees at Rattlesnake Point, Buffalo Crag, and Kelso. Slinging Cedars at ALL is Fobidden, and is a quick way to have the parks closed to climbing.

As was said Mount Nemo is LEAD ONLY...no TR from ANY trees.

Your best bet is Rattlesnake point. Easy Access to both the Top and Bottom of the climbs. Please remember to use a safety line, as we have a couple people a year take headers off the top. Also a helmet is suggested due to hikers who think it's neat to throw things from the top.

OH, and if you can't get into Toronto to pick up the Escarpment Guide, Hiker's Haven in Oakville (Trafalger and QEW) may have it.

Sorry to sound preachy but there has been a LOT of negative Access talk and attention this year. It is VERY possible that there will be no climbing in Ontario next summer.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook