RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

coach

Mar 20, 2002, 1:24 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2428 views)
Shortcut

Red Rocks, NV Trip
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just got back from a week at Red Rocks, NV with Raul Garcia, Keith Leary and Robby Thigpen. Arrived on 9 March and hit the crags early on Sunday. First day fumbles and stumbles (forgot rope at camp!) put us at the routes late and behind long lines so we hit a few short warmup routes (Hook, Line and Whimper and Ginger Crack). Second day turned out much better with Keith and Robby taking Group Therapy and Tunnel Vision while Raul and I worked at Solar Slab all day. Third day was in town taking care of business but next day was premier for me. As I am new to trad it was to be my first long multi-pitch climb. We hit Olive Oil, 5.7 promptly at 7:00 AM and topped out around noon. I was on cloud nine the rest of the day as we hiked out and took the whole group to dinner to celebrate. The following day two of our students showed up and we spent the day at Calico Bason where I also got my first trad lead (Abbey Roads, 5.4). The next day Keith and I headed out while Raul and Robby went to town. It turned out to be a fantastic day for me as we did both Pine Nuts, 5.9 and Topless Twins, 5.9.
All in all it was the best week of climbing I have ever experienced and I am already set up for another trip the last week of May to the same place. Anyone interested in joining us let me know.

If you would like to see some of the pics of the trip click here

Climb On

Editted for dyslexic fingers.

[ This Message was edited by: coach on 2002-03-20 05:25 ]

Partner rrrADAM

Mar 20, 2002, 1:45 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2428 views)
Shortcut

Red Rocks, NV Trip [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Good report 'coach'.

I liked climbing at Red Rocks also.

rrrADAM

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook