Forums: Climbing Information: Access Issues & Closures:
Save our rock climbing area - action!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

arrowhead

Feb 16, 2004, 8:58 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Save our rock climbing area - action!  (North_America: United_States: Utah: St__George: Crawdad_Canyon: Cartoon_Crag)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Following all the rock and talk of saving our climbing sites at Batu Caves, many have offered suggestions, advise, arguments, etc, all in the best intentions of keeping our climbing sites clean and safe. However, the problem was that nobody could agree on a general consensus as to what should be done. That's because everybody's ideas hinges on somebody ELSE to do the work and/or to get the ball rolling.

Well, to his credit, Ah Loong of MyMountainGoal (and possibly his teammates, if I'm unaware of) has initiated a petition to collecting climber's signatures and planting "Keep Clean" signs at the various climbing spots at Batu Caves.

Over the weekends, I have also documented the sorry sight of the climbing spots at Batu Caves due to years of utter human disregard and indifference towards waste management and disposal. The photos will look discomforting, but trust me - it's many times even worse when you are there physically as your senses are bombarded with the stench of rotting waste!

Here's the compilation of photos and personal comments at each of the sites:

http://www.climbing.com.my/cleanup/

This may be a cause for national embarassment, but I will post it up anyway because I felt that climbers and the general population alike should realize the extent to which how neglect, laziness and the wrong attitudes can seriously damage our environment.

If you are climbing regularly at Batu Caves, then I hope that we would all be able to just *start* something and hopefully, make a difference to the community and the sport in Malaysia.

blocx

Feb 17, 2004, 1:14 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Re: Save our rock climbing area - action! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

good job.
we are waiting to see your comments about damai and red rocks and of course bukit takun (in comparison)

dragonloong

Feb 17, 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Urgent !!!

Guys! we need to setup a rock climbing community as fast as possible !

I get some feedback from "Someone" (sorry i cannot tell u guys! the organization and the person name)......she ask us to setup a community, so that, she can take some action/help us !

what we have now is the signature and support from climbers ! this is not enough strong to bring our case to top management !

I have ask some " organization" to have a look at the website (www.climbing.com.my/cleanup) and they plan to go down to BatuCave itself, to double confirm on this matter ! (pls add some picture on WhiteWalls)

** Pat & Adr & Drg , have talk before on this RockClimbing Community plan , so i think this is a good time to setup this community!

we need to gather all climbers !!! any suggestion?

wildduck

Feb 18, 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pm me if any plans to clean up or meet is gonna happen. Tq.

Partner rrrADAM

Feb 18, 2004, 1:58 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1656 views)
Shortcut

rrrADAM moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM moved this thread from Regional Discussions to Access Issues & Closures.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook