RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

markerclimb

Mar 10, 2004, 3:58 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Foster Falls
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm heading to Florida for spring break with my girlfriend and a couple other friends and demanded a few days of climbing before hitting the beach. I'm coming from cincinnati so Foster Falls seemed like a good choice but I'm unsure of the camping situation. The campground desn't open until April 6 and I will be there from March 20-22. If anybody knows a good place to camp, please let me know!

gregtrammell

Mar 10, 2004, 4:04 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Re: Foster Falls [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

they actually have been pretty lax on people sleeping in their cars.
i usually get up to fosters about 800 or 830 on sunday mornings and people are always sleeping in their cars. there is also a camp site about a mile hike down the trail, i think it's called father adamz campsite. i think it is open year round. you may want to check into that.
if your looking for anyone to climb with, let me know.
I'll be around on sunday, and possibly saturday.
if you have anymore questions feel free to let me know. I'll do my best to help you out.
Greg

hoppinbig

Mar 10, 2004, 4:07 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

F camping at Foster falls man... after almost getting arrested for drinking there I give that place a thumbs down (camping without drinking? that should be unconstitutional). If you want to camp in the Chatty area stay at T-wall. That place heaven.... mmmmmm If you don't climb trad then forget chatty and hit the Obed - its not to far out of your way driving from Cincinnati to Florida (and its right around the half way point, so perfect place to stop) and there is amazing sport climbing there.

madriver

Mar 10, 2004, 4:10 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hoppingbig wrote:

In reply to:
F camping at Foster falls man... after almost getting arrested for drinking there I give that place a thumbs down (camping without drinking? that should be unconstitutional). If you want to camp in the Chatty area stay at T-wall. That place heaven.... mmmmmm If you don't climb trad then forget chatty and hit the Obed - its not to far out of your way driving from Cincinnati to Florida (and its right around the half way point, so perfect place to stop) and there is amazing sport climbing there.

...whoa...were you the dude that busted at the festivle? I packed my suds up for good after you took the fall!!

Bob

hoppinbig

Mar 10, 2004, 4:28 PM
Post #5 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No I wasn't there for a festival this happened last March... I came back to Chatty to climb in dec and stayed at T-wall - man those park rangers were totaly nazi's... we were sitting around our campfire being quite and chillin... they come out of the woods and shine their lights on us and do the whole search of our tents and everything then kicked us out that night - the only reason they didn't arrest us was cause we were Canadian - but they made us pack up all of our crap and hike it out right away.... fun times

dontfall

Mar 10, 2004, 4:33 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

dontfall moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dontfall moved this thread from General to Regional Discussions.

berkov

Mar 10, 2004, 5:29 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that sucks I hate nazi's I will be there that weekend too with a bunch of rugrats from a college climbing wall

heackyeahdude

Mar 10, 2004, 5:41 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Foster Falls is good.....but the Obed is waaay better, and you can stay at del and martys for like a couple bucks a night(its a awsome camp site right down the road from the crags) or you can just pitch your tent in the woods somewhere, go to obed

Partner j_ung

Mar 10, 2004, 6:24 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah Foster Falls... Ranger Wheatley...

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook