Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
HCR Bouldering.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dsnydes

Mar 19, 2004, 10:16 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1363 views)
Shortcut

HCR Bouldering.  (North_America: United_States: Arkansas: Buffalo_National_River: Horseshoe_Canyon_Ranch)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm headed to the Ranch for the first time this April

Most of the people i'm coming with are either non-climbers or boulderers. Is it worth coming just to boulder. I know there are tons of routes, and that seems to be what everyone talks about, but in every article i read they say there are hundreds of boulders, is this true? How much has been developed. The guide on climbhcr only shows about 30-40 problems is there more than whats in the guide?

gravitysucks

Mar 19, 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Re: HCR Bouldering. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[indigo]well, the cool thing about HCR is that there is plenty of stuff for climbers and non-climbers alike, especially if the non-climbers (or the "unenlightened ones" as I like to call them) are into pie chucking, gun-toting or general backwoods mischief (i.e. posing road kill, taunting varmints and hollering etc.)

as far as the bouldering goes...since when is 40 routes not enough? true, there are parts of HCR that are still undeveloped (or very newly developed), so the potential for routes is always there. The North Forty Boulders are popular and probably get the most traffic, but be sure to check out Middle East too on the other side of the canyon. I personally don't think your party will be at a loss for things to do.[/indigo]

bsignorelli

Mar 19, 2004, 11:38 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Re: HCR Bouldering. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm headed to the Ranch for the first time this April

Cool have fun.

In reply to:
Most of the people i'm coming with are either non-climbers

Why? Not much else to do unless they pay to ride teh horsies or play frisbee golf or go hiking in the surrounding national forest and national park.

In reply to:
or boulderers.

Run! Run! It's more pad people!

j/k

In reply to:
Is it worth coming just to boulder.

IMHO...no. But I'm not a boulder. I don't really think it's worth traveling any distance to climb without a rope.

In reply to:
I know there are tons of routes, and that seems to be what everyone talks about

Well if you know that there are tons of routes then that should be enough reason to come :)

In reply to:
, but in every article i read they say there are hundreds of boulders, is this true?

Hundreds? Dunno about that but there sure are a lot of them.

In reply to:
The guide on climbhcr only shows about 30-40 problems is there more than whats in the guide?

There are always mroe routes than what is in the guide.

In teh end....I say come on and visit Horseshoe Canyon Ranch. You won't be dissappointed. You really can't be dissappointed. There are a bunch of climbers and pad people out there all the time.

Bryan

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook